Can We Please Address A TRULY Serious Dilemma?

panzade

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 10:18 am
Good point Debra. Here's a 5 step program I'm gonna follow.

Toenail care

Here's our five-step Buffers Guide.

Step one

Wash feet with mild soap and warm water, then dry with a clean towel. Using a cotton ball dipped in tea tree oil (or a mild antiseptic) gently swap around your manky toenails to annihilate bacteria responsible for nasty niffs.

Step two

Deal with dodgy cuticles by dipping a cotton bud in olive oil and gently massaging until they're soft enough for you to push back into place.

Step three

Only use toenail clippers or nail scissors for cutting. Fingernail clippers are designed for smaller nails, and you risk taking 'bites' out of each nail, rather than trimming each one squarely. A square cut is recommended as it reduces the risk of ingrown nails, and don't cut the nail so far back that it exposes the skin underneath (or you'll be hobbling for days)

Step four

Don't ignore toenails that are green/black/discoloured or crumbly/thickened and warped beyond recognition - because it's usually a sign of a fungal infection. If left to fester, some infections can spread to other nails and even cause damage to the toe bones. See your GP for treatment, and help yourself while you wait for the appointment by soaking feet in warm salty water.

Step five

Wear fresh, cotton socks and be sure your footwear is fitted properly. That way you can kick it all off without fear of causing offence or distress.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 10:25 am
Re: Bear
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
Bear, I can't believe you are passing up the chance to visit a beatiful manicurist to get a pedicure.

When you call to set up the appointment, make sure the manicurist has a chisel and a sharp knife in her tool kit.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 10:28 am
Re: Bear
Debra_Law wrote:
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
Bear, I can't believe you are passing up the chance to visit a beatiful manicurist to get a pedicure.

When you call to set up the appointment, make sure the manicurist has a chisel and a sharp knife in her tool kit.

No need to worry. Bear's goin to the zoo to get a pedicure.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 10:28 am
panzade wrote:
Don't ignore toenails that are green/black/discoloured or crumbly/thickened and warped beyond recognition. . . .

Exactly!
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 10:30 am
you could just go to the Vet and get de-clawed.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 10:32 am
Don't think that Squinney hasn't considered it people Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 11:51 am
In some cultures, huge disgusting toenails are considered beautiful.

Actually I made that up. But people are always saying **** like that, aren't they?
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 12:03 pm
See, Bear, if you lived in Austin you could go here:

http://www.sexyscissors.com/services.html
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 12:28 pm
http://www.beauty4skin.com/artman/uploads/mvc-004fa.jpg

http://www.beauty4skin.com/artman/uploads/mvc-010fa.jpg

Sad

These scary toenails could have been prevented. We need to commence the war on international toenail blight before it's too late.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 12:30 pm
If I'd wanted to post pictures of my feet, I'd've done it myself!
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 12:37 pm
Too late to protest, DrewDad. The concerned citizens for the development of healthy toenails through proper care already posted pictures of your toenails all over the internet in their campaign against toenail neglect. Sorry.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 12:38 pm
You're depriving all of those poor fungi of a safe and hospitable environment.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 03:01 pm
panzade wrote:
Good point Debra. Here's a 5 step program I'm gonna follow.

Toenail care

Here's our five-step Buffers Guide.

Step one

Wash feet with mild soap and warm water, then dry with a clean towel. Using a cotton ball dipped in tea tree oil (or a mild antiseptic) gently swap around your manky toenails to annihilate bacteria responsible for nasty niffs.

Step two

Deal with dodgy cuticles by dipping a cotton bud in olive oil and gently massaging until they're soft enough for you to push back into place.

Step three

Only use toenail clippers or nail scissors for cutting. Fingernail clippers are designed for smaller nails, and you risk taking 'bites' out of each nail, rather than trimming each one squarely. A square cut is recommended as it reduces the risk of ingrown nails, and don't cut the nail so far back that it exposes the skin underneath (or you'll be hobbling for days)

Step four

Don't ignore toenails that are green/black/discoloured or crumbly/thickened and warped beyond recognition - because it's usually a sign of a fungal infection. If left to fester, some infections can spread to other nails and even cause damage to the toe bones. See your GP for treatment, and help yourself while you wait for the appointment by soaking feet in warm salty water.

Step five

Wear fresh, cotton socks and be sure your footwear is fitted properly. That way you can kick it all off without fear of causing offence or distress.

6. Meet girls at Caribou Coffee for Orange Mocha Frappacinos and Derek Zoolander fan club meeting Rolling Eyes Laughing
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 03:09 pm
I've been told more than once that I have beautiful toenails.

Well, ok, maybe just once.

Oh....fock it. Never.

Bastard people.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 04:07 pm
Does one have a Valet?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 04:11 pm
Lord Ellpus wrote:
Does one have a Valet?

yes one does, just not this one.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 04:22 pm
http://www.graemark.co.za/Products/raco_lopper.jpg

problem solved, no need to bend down you can trim them standing up
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 04:36 pm
6. Meet girls at Caribou Coffee for Orange Mocha Frappacinos and Derek Zoolander fan club meeting Rolling Eyes Laughing

I deserved that! Embarrassed

I stand in awe of the perfect ZINGER

The Bear is truly getting better Rolling Eyes Twisted Evil
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 04:57 pm
Aw, BVT - I'd help you out if I lived closer. You know, then I'd know who to buy to do the deed.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 05:46 pm
got abass boat with a 250 Merc? how bout a weed whacker?
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 10/05/2024 at 03:22:28