Can We Please Address A TRULY Serious Dilemma?

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 08:44 am
My toe nails need clipping and I can't bend in half to reach them. Squinney has done so much I don't have the heart to ask her because my toenails are like stainless steel.

I was going to try to start walking a little this week, but can't get into my tennis shoes comfortably and if I walk in sandals I'm afraid the sight of my toes will scare young children in the park.

What to do?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,795 • Replies: 42
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 08:47 am
Tonight, shine the capybara symbol against the clouds. Gus will appear, but keep an eye out, he's a quiet 'un. He'll do it and then fade back into the shadows...
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 08:49 am
Do you have hardwood floors? Stick the nails into the cracks and snap 'em off.

FYI, Squinney left 'em that way on purpose. She can hear you click-click-clicking wherever you go.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 08:52 am
sozobe speaks wisely
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 08:53 am
good to have you back and attacking the pressing issues of the day
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 08:56 am
Since when has Bear been concerned about scaring young children in the park?

I thought he lived for such moments.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 08:58 am
Crikey, good luck.Make sure you get it sorted because you could get an ingrown toenail!!
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 08:58 am
Crikey, good luck.Make sure you get it sorted because you could get an ingrown toenail!!
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 08:59 am
Aww... Bear wants a manny and a peddy.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 09:08 am
I can't STAND it when my toenails touch my socks. They have to be short short short or I get all icky feeling...
<<shiver>>just thinking about it makes me shiver. It's like nails on a chalkboard for me.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 09:29 am
I agree Bella, the clincher for me is when they scrape on the underside of the duvet!!
Time for me to find those nail scissors!!
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 09:33 am
Welcome back Bear. Didn't realize just who the blueveinthrobber was/is.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 09:44 am
Just find a rock or brick and start some old fashioned toe tapping... in a sitting position, of course. If this doesn't work you could just make an appointment at the Vet. ;-)
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 09:49 am
Why is it that MEN neglect their toenail care for years (decades) until they end up with huge, thick, discolored globs of nail growing on the tips of their toes that you can't wrap a toenail clipper around?

Personally, I think the toenail problem stems from the shift from bathing to showering. After a nice hot bath--when the toenails and the skin around the toenails are softened--you're supposed to clip the excess nail and take the toenail cleaner and clear away all the toenail dirt and dead skin from around the nail and under the nail.

But, the men who just jump in the shower and dry off afterwards simply forget about their toenail care. The years of neglect cause old dead skin cells and toenail jam to simply fuse to the nail. I think some men are growing stalagmites.

The cure? I suppose a hot bath every week and a good cleaning away of the dead skin around and under the nail and a good cleaning away of the excess nail with a sharp chisel or knife. After a couple of years, the toenails should be back to normal.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 09:54 am
Did you get all that Bear? Laughing
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 09:59 am
pay one of the cubs to bite them off
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 10:00 am
Jeez Debra, you make me feel so....dirty. I just can't reach 'em because I'm all stapled up still.

Like I didnt feel bad enough now I'm an unhygienic bear on top of everything else.

I'm going back to bed now. Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 10:01 am
We just rip them off when they get too long. That's why Bear's in such a quandry. He can't reach to rip.

On the other hand, it's much easier to climb those trees.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 10:02 am
Bear
Bear, I can't believe you are passing up the chance to visit a beatiful manicurist to get a pedicure.

What a dumb ass!

BBB

http://www.inmagine.com/q0017809/c0017470-photo
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 10:11 am
Ooops. I didn't intend to make you feel dirty or imply that you have a stalagmite problem with your tough as steel nails. However, some do have problems. I've seen some toenails (e.g., my dad's) that were really scary. I simply saw an opportunity to use your thread as the forum to address this TRULY serious dilemma of toenail care neglect. Smile

Welcome back and take care of yourself!
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Can We Please Address A TRULY Serious Dilemma?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/05/2024 at 01:23:38