You ever go back and read a very old Discussion/Question?

Linkat

Reply Mon 10 May, 2021 03:27 pm
I have not - but just now I was reading something and saw (which I usually do not pay attention to) a listing below what I was reading - I think it said related topics?

Anyone I clicked on one that had an interesting sounding subject - come to find out that 9 years ago I also found it interesting as I had answered on it.

Anyone else come across any from time to time? Do you send a more recent response or just enjoy remembering.

And my daughter now does swing her arms when she runs (in case anyone is wondering from many years ago).

Adding in a Question - do you know your first post?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 6 • Views: 483 • Replies: 16
No top replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 10 May, 2021 03:32 pm
@Linkat,
My first post in 2004!

Starting A Franchise

- We did not start that franchise - I do not even remember it - so it had to be short lived.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 10 May, 2021 04:02 pm
@Linkat,
The only very old ones I look at are those that someone decided to post on ten or fifteen years late.
Linkat

Reply Mon 10 May, 2021 04:12 pm
@roger,
Ok - I had wrote about insane parents when my oldest was 5 - here is what I wrote hoping I would not be that parent...

Quote:
Damn does children's activities have to ruin everything? I am just looking for some type of activity for my child that she can enjoy. I don't understand why everything has to be a competition. At 5 can't she just have some fun?

How can I prevent myself from being one of them? I just want to be positive and be there for their important events. I vow right here in front of you all to keep my mouth shut at any of my child's events. I will clap politely and give only positive to feedback to my child and other competitors. You have the right to beat me senseless if I open my mouth and/or act like an ass.

Come on - I guess I have to be ready for a beating.....
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 10 May, 2021 04:14 pm
@roger,
Roger - your first post was:

School Days

Remember it?

The one thing I am getting about you from 2002 is that your wrote alot about cats and seemed to have difficulty with computers, technology and doing stuff on A2K.
roger

Reply Mon 10 May, 2021 04:17 pm
@Linkat,
Nope. The only way I can find the first post is to backtrack through every cotton pickin' one of them. Even I have better things to do with my time.
Linkat

Reply Mon 10 May, 2021 05:04 pm
@roger,
Well it seems like you are still having difficulties getting around - some things never change. Its easy:

click on My Topics and then anything you ever wrote is on there - so you scroll down and on the right hand side on the bottom is a bunch of numbers - select the largest one and voila - you see your oldest post on the very bottom of that page.
roger

Reply Mon 10 May, 2021 05:09 pm
@Linkat,
Oh
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Mon 10 May, 2021 07:48 pm
I do. For all the insane, off the rails topics here, there have been several that I really enjoyed and sometimes they will pop up in my related links feed like yours did. For topics that I was really interested in, I often did serious research for my own understanding and sometimes I want to read those links again. My first posts were all about helping students with math and science which is what I started coming for.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Mon 10 May, 2021 08:04 pm
I do, but mainly the ones that struck me funny or were fun to post on. Edgar has written many, so has Tsar, and if I forgot anyone I apologize. One of my favorites was Edgar's "Which items should astronauts bring with them to Mars?"
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 10 May, 2021 08:22 pm
I occasionally read old threads to relive the camaraderie more than anything.
glitterbag

Reply Mon 10 May, 2021 08:25 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

I occasionally read old threads to relive the camaraderie more than anything.

That's a good point to make.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 11 May, 2021 06:30 am
Well I am going to pull out my old threads - and go back and answer any open questions - like I know I mentioned this earlier - I had one in which I mentioned that my daughter runs without swinging her arms - I want to go back to it and let everyone know that she no longer does so.

Also like I mentioned there was the one that prompted this from Boomerang about a particular young girl - so (she may never open it) but to ask how this girl was now many years later. I am curious.

So not sure how you all look at posts - either new or ones you answered to - but there may be old ones popping up depending how you filter - blame it on me.

Also what prompting me - there seems to be many "hateful" threads - if not the thread that is hateful but some responses.

0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Tue 11 May, 2021 04:11 pm
There have been some very good discussions in the past that I refer to every now and then to remember some of the discussion points that had been brought up about the different topics, like husker's moral relativism thread, and Snood's, The Confederacy was about Slavery thread.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 12 May, 2021 08:23 am
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:
click on My Topics and then anything you ever wrote is on there - so you scroll down and on the right hand side on the bottom is a bunch of numbers - select the largest one and voila - you see your oldest post on the very bottom of that page.

Actually "My Topics" is only the topics that you've started. It does not include topics that other people have started, that you've posted on.

It will include your oldest post if your oldest post happened to start a topic. But it will not include your oldest post if that is a post in someone else's topic.

The list is also not arranged in the order of when the topics were started. Rather, it is arranged in the order of when the most recent post in the thread was.

If you go to the last topic in the list and then post on it, you will move that topic to the top of your list. If you delete your post (within the 15 minute window that you are given to do so) that topic will move back to the bottom of your list.

The technique that you describe is a good quick way of finding old topics that you've started however. It's just not necessarily guaranteed to produce your absolute very first post.

It is actually possible to find your very first post. But it is a lot more tedious. On your main profile page there is a list of your 10 most recent posts. You can go back in increments of 10. If you go back a few thousand times you will eventually find your first post.
Linkat

Reply Wed 12 May, 2021 10:45 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

Actually "My Topics" is only the topics that you've started. It does not include topics that other people have started, that you've posted on.

Yes that was what I was referring to - your own oldest post that you started.

But did not realize that it is not your very first post - although it does bring you back pretty far.
Linkat

Reply Wed 12 May, 2021 10:54 am
@Linkat,
I have been slowly go through some - and will be making updates where applicable - kind of fun to see how life has changed from 15 + years ago.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » You ever go back and read a very old Discussion/Question?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 11:15:51