Covid updates where you live

Mame

Reply Wed 5 May, 2021 05:00 pm
How are you all faring with case, hospital and ICU numbers where you live? Are there many protests or anti-vaxers? What is the general sentiment on how the rollouts are going? Are you going to get one, or did you?

In Alberta, we have a population of 4.371 million, give or take. We have 24,156 active cases, 666 of which are in hospital, and of those, 146 are in ICU. We have had 2,102 deaths.

They have administered 1,694,675 doses - at least 31% have had at least one dose.

I got a Moderna shot on Apr 14, as did my husband and most everyone I know.

We have some churches (very few) who are defying the restrictions, and a group of 200 - 300 people protest regularly in my city. I believe this is the most conservative province in Canada. We have the highest numbers per capita now in the country. As of Monday, we are going on a greater lockdown. I think we only have 600 ICU beds and the predictions for the next two weeks are grim.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 6 • Views: 463 • Replies: 19
No top replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 5 May, 2021 05:45 pm
Quote:
The Department of Public Health reported 888 newly confirmed coronavirus cases on Wednesday.

A total of 649,855 cases have been reported so far in Massachusetts with an estimated 21,300 active cases.
The seven-day average positivity is 1.50 percent, rising from the 1.60 percentage that was reported on Tuesday.

A total of 13 new deaths were confirmed, elevating the confirmed virus-related death toll to 17,306 statewide.

A total of 485 people are currently hospitalized and 135 are currently receiving treatment in the Intensive Care Unit.

As of this latest report, 83.3 percent of the 7,691,560 vaccine doses shipped to the Bay State have been administered.

A total of 2,714,443 state residents are fully vaccinated.
(whdh)
Mame

Reply Wed 5 May, 2021 06:28 pm
@Region Philbis,
And you have 7.1 million people in your state.
Mame

Reply Sat 8 May, 2021 02:53 pm
@Mame,
Interesting article on the history of vaccines and anti-vaxx movements:

https://www.historyofvaccines.org/content/articles/history-anti-vaccination-movements
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 12 May, 2021 03:52 pm

Mass. reports a rare day of zero COVID deaths
(today's globe)
Mame

Reply Thu 13 May, 2021 06:46 pm
@Region Philbis,
Wow, good for Mass.!

We are not doing much better. Second lockdown. Stay-at-home orders.
Region Philbis

Reply Sat 29 May, 2021 04:59 am
@Mame,
ready or not... https://iili.io/B6KqLN.jpg

https://iili.io/B6Fy11.jpg
engineer

Reply Sat 29 May, 2021 05:02 am
@Region Philbis,
North Carolina is fully open now. My workplace still have mask and testing restrictions in place and I'm still working from home.
Region Philbis

Reply Sat 29 May, 2021 05:12 am
@engineer,
Quote:
I'm still working from home
you might as well continue to do so as often as possible...

we will continue carrying masks with us whenever we leave the house, no exceptions...

Quote:
Face coverings [in Massachusetts] will still be required for all individuals on public and private transportation
(including rideshares, livery, taxi, ferries, MBTA, Commuter Rail and transportation stations), healthcare
facilities and providers, congregate care settings and health and rehabilitative day services.

Face coverings will also remain required indoors for staff and students of K-12 schools and early education providers.
(source)

0 Replies

hightor

Reply Sat 29 May, 2021 05:26 am
We have a pretty high vaccination rate in my area but lots of people are still masking up to go out in public. I think that's probably a good idea, if only to promote continued awareness and caution.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 29 May, 2021 05:48 am
Massachusetts reopens fully today and thank God it's raining so hopefully people won't go too crazy. We are over 50% fully vaccinated, IIRC
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Sat 29 May, 2021 07:21 am
We have hit the 60% first vaccination rate as of yesterday. About 15% are fully vaccinated (of which I am one). We are going to slowly reopen over the next month.

We are still masking up and social distancing. Mid-June we will be allowed to eat indoors at a table of 6 as long as there are less than 500 ppl in hospital due to Covid.

I think as of Monday patio dining will be allowed again. Whoo hoo.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 29 May, 2021 08:53 am
I mentioned getting both Pfizer shots with no after effects. Yesterday, the VA gave me a shingles vac and some other combination of good stuff that they do every decade. Now, that arm is sore.
Mame

Reply Sat 29 May, 2021 09:15 am
@roger,
I had my Shingrix shots earlier this year with no side effects. Best to be vaccinated. I had a friend whose sister had shingles in her throat - painful!
roger

Reply Sat 29 May, 2021 01:54 pm
@Mame,
Yeah, shingles doesn't itch. It flat out hurts!

Right now, I'm feeling horrible. I'm going to blame yesterdays immunizations.
Mame

Reply Sat 29 May, 2021 02:04 pm
@roger,
Well, I hope you feel better soon! We were warned about side effects, but you're the only one who got them. Hopefully, just a couple of days.
roger

Reply Sat 29 May, 2021 02:45 pm
@Mame,
I got the last Pfizer on March 3, so if I'm reacting to any vaccination, it would be those yesterday at the VA clinic.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 29 May, 2021 03:23 pm
Got my last shot on the 20th. It's relaxing here but I plan to wear a mask for the foreseeable.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sat 29 May, 2021 03:37 pm

went food shopping sans masks today.

maybe 90% of the shoppers we saw were masked, as well as most of the staff.

felt odd being in the minority...
Mame

Reply Sun 30 May, 2021 12:44 pm
@Region Philbis,
Yeah, for the first few months, we had to keep running back to the car for our masks. Now it feels weird not to be wearing one. And even though you might be fully vaccinated, they're still mandated here inside and at public areas.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Covid updates where you live
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/17/2024 at 06:39:36