Do you guys have a Nextdoor app?

Mame

Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2021 11:44 pm
It's a app/site where people sign into their community (or others) where you post if you can help, need help, want to buy or sell something, notice crime, etc.

You can get yard work done by kids (I like to hire kids), walk someone to the store, pick up their meds, take them to visit their daughter... that sort of thing. Every topic imaginable. Just wondered if this was a Canadian thing and if anyone else took advantage of it.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 6 • Views: 601 • Replies: 11
No top replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2021 11:48 pm
@Mame,
We’ve had leaflets put through the door about help during lockdown, getting medicines food etc. I’ve not had cause to use it.
Mame

Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2021 11:51 pm
@izzythepush,
You mean to say you don't have gardening questions??? Wha? Last year I got a kid to dig over my garden. I could have done it but it would have taken me longer and irritated my back. Much more fun to look out the window and watch someone else at work.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2021 11:53 pm
@Mame,
Not where I am now. There’s just a lawn to mow.
Mame

Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2021 11:57 pm
@izzythepush,
tsk...tsk... there must be SOMETHING in your house you don't want to do. Scrape the mold off the window sills... sanitize your shower... Mow your postage-stamp-sized lawn...repaint your door jambs...

What I really like about this app is how (other) people are so willing to help everyone else. Someone mentioned she had no dog food and 16 people reached out (?!!?).

I'm only interested in the elderly and I already have their numbers.

It's a nice app in this day and age. And, BTW, I got a brand new tajine for 1/4 of the price, so I'm happy.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2021 06:29 am
We have this, it's how we got a guy to clear our driveway when it snowed while we were away
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2021 06:49 am
Yes, we have community Nextdoor . I like it for power outages notices, lost pets, new restaurants opening, etc.

Not happy about the increase in advertising running thru it, however.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2021 03:11 pm
@Mame,
Yes I do and it has helped me to hire local people do work such as small plumbing jobs, rebuilding my chimney things like that. It got my daughter a babysitting job...very handy.
Mame

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2021 04:28 pm
@Linkat,
I really like it. Some of my neighbours are suggesting a meet and greet at the dog park, even if you don't have a dog. Fortunately, I have two so I can lend one to someone Smile JK. Lots of useful information out there re: prowlers, stolen stuff, missing animals, etc.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2021 08:07 pm
I read our Nextdoor app every day...mostly reading it as it has commentary of daily local happenings in our part of Sarasota. Plus we see what people are selling ...though mostly yard sale junk. Sometimes Pepe ask about noises in. Neighborhood or post wildlife pics.
Mame

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2021 03:19 pm
@Ragman,
We have a lot of coyotes and bobcats in our neighbourhoods. People are posting pics of them all the time. We find dead cats and hares in the dog parks all the time. Good to know, even if our dogs are on a leash.

I've joined a gardening group and a cooking group. Great way to mix up what you normally do. In this province, it's more difficult to grow anything because the season is so short and the weather is unpredictable. One year I planted some seedlings, and two days later a hailstorm eradicated everything.

You really need a greenhouse in this town.
Ragman

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2021 11:36 am
@Mame,
In so FL we hear or read through Nextdoor app of sightings of various predator wildlife but nothing frequently. However Honey, our 18-month old Cockapoo, showed me a group of 4 wild boars close to my backyard . They weren’t the friendly former pet type. It’s not a rare sighting either. Honey is on a lead, needless to say.

As for growing season, we have two seasons here: summer and almost summer. If you stick a rake in the ground, you can grow a rake tree 🌲.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Do you guys have a Nextdoor app?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 09:12:25