How do you properly extract JSON (Zip) files so you can view their contents correctly?

JGoldman10

Sat 1 May, 2021 11:59 am
I dropped my laptop off at my nearest local comp shop recently for servicing; its keyboard needs to be fixed.

In hindsight I probably should have waited - it's a lot easier to go through stuff online on a laptop then it is to go to stuff online on a smartphone.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Sat 1 May, 2021 12:04 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Rebelofnj wrote:

If you really want the answers to your questions, you would need to go to Yahoo Answers and copy/paste and/or screenshot whatever you want before the May 4th deadline.

Do you know any FAST ways to get this done?
Rebelofnj

Sat 1 May, 2021 01:02 pm
@JGoldman10,
Nope.

Another method would be to assess if a question and its answers are really needed for future use, before saving screenshots.

I remember some of the questions you have asked and the answers you got. Not all of them are worth saving.
JGoldman10

Sun 2 May, 2021 04:10 am
@Rebelofnj,
I did ask a lot of trivial questions, but I need to figure out which questions are the most important. I asked a lot of research questions - I want to save those. I want to save questions on health, diet, nutrition, exercise, business, employment, art, writing, culture, fashion, math, science, history, language, etc.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Sun 2 May, 2021 06:34 am
@Rebelofnj,
When you use Yahoo! Answers you're supposed to get notifications from Yahoo! Answers in your personal Yahoo! Mail account when people answer your questions, and notices when Best Answers are selected for your questions, but it seems like I can't find said notices in my personal email account associated with the Yahoo! Answers account that I currently used. l will have to check my email again.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Sun 2 May, 2021 09:31 pm
@Rebelofnj,
I recall a lot of questions I posted were about things to help me get my toons and/or comics developed and produced. I hope I can salvage all of them. I have been very lately. I need to take the time to sift through and archive lots of questions. I will have to make a trip to my local library to do this; as of the time of the posting of this I still have my laptop with me, it's away to be serviced. I will probably spend the day at the library going through questions. Plus, there's a whole bunch of other things I have to deal with right now. Important things.

I hope cache pages of questions asked will still be available after the site shuts down. I'm going to call Yahoo! customer service about this.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Sun 2 May, 2021 09:33 pm
@Rebelofnj,
I think saving questions about things pertaining to my physical and personal health is more important right now.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Sun 9 May, 2021 07:21 pm
I came back to this thread when I had the time.

According to a Yahoo! customer service I spoke to on the phone, cached files of people's questions WEREN'T going to be available after Yahoo! Answers shut down on May 4th.

I spent My 3rd trying to archive as many Yahoo! Answers questions I posted as I could.

I don't know many questions I posted over the years. I had more than one account. It could have been 100's to 1000's.

I still have the datapack from the last Yahoo! Answers account I used.

I can still request datapacks from Yahoo! Answers from the other Yahoo! Answers accounts I had, assuming they weren't deleted or suspended right? I still have time for that right?
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Mon 10 May, 2021 03:28 am
I was a little peeved about Yahoo! Answers shutting down. I feel like years of research material I accumulated on there was flushed down the crapper, but what I do about it?

I hope I can still get more data downloaded from other Yahoo! Answers accounts I had, assuming they weren't deleted or suspended.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Mon 10 May, 2021 03:34 am
From https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN35642.html :

"As of May 4, 2021 you can no longer access the site, but you can still request a download of your Yahoo Answers data until June 30, 2021."

I do have time to acquire more datapacks if that's possible.

0 Replies

JGoldman10

Tue 25 May, 2021 06:39 am
@Rebelofnj,
I know I am a little late with asking, but the questions folder in your datapacks only include questions YOU posted and only any answers YOU gave to your own questions?
Rebelofnj

Tue 25 May, 2021 08:54 am
@JGoldman10,
That is what I said a month ago:
https://able2know.org/topic/557361-1#post-7121683
JGoldman10

Tue 25 May, 2021 03:11 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Just checking. Thank you for confirming.
0 Replies