Is Covid Still A threat Or Not?

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2021 04:12 am
Coronavirus has been spread throughout the world and has taken the lives of many people. But nowadays vaccines are being injected into people as a cure for corona. Some of them are well now. But one can see its rise again. What could be the reason behind it?

izzythepush

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2021 04:15 am
@emma jessica,
Viruses mutate, and these mutations can be resistant to antibiotics, which is why we all need to be vaccinated.

Until we all are there will variants emerging.
hightor

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2021 04:19 am
@emma jessica,
Quote:
But nowadays vaccines are being injected into people as a cure for corona.

It's not a cure or a treatment for people who have contracted the virus.
Quote:
Some of them are well now.

That's not due to the vaccine.
Quote:
But one can see its rise again. What could be the reason behind it?

As the virus spreads it mutates and some of these variants are believed to be more contagious and more serious. Also, many people stopped following social distancing and mask protocols because the temporary drop in the rate of infection gave them a false sense of security.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2021 04:20 am
@izzythepush,
Actually, all viruses are immune to antibiotics.
jespah

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2021 05:14 am
@emma jessica,
Yes, it's still a threat.
  • Not everyone is vaccinated. The US has one of the highest vaccination rates in the world and we're only now passing 1/2 of all adults having gotten at least one vaccine. In most countries, the percentage of vaccinated people is far less.
  • Vaccine hesitancy. In Mississippi, appointments go unused. Same is true elsewhere but it's really bad in Mississippi. Convincing people to get the shot is still a full-time task.
  • The virus is mutating, often into more contagious forms. This means slow moving vaccinating can't keep up, people get sick, and they spread it to more people.
  • Pandemic fatigue. There are plenty of people who are tired of restrictions and are letting their guard down too quickly. Precautions like hand washing, etc. haven't stopped being important.
  • The vaccines are great but not 100% effective at preventing the disease. Even fully vaccinated people can still get sick, although they are much more likely to survive.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2021 05:30 am
@Brandon9000,
Sorry, anti viral vaccines.

Has your pedantry helped answer the OP’s question?
snood

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2021 07:03 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Sorry, anti viral vaccines.

Has your pedantry helped answer the OP’s question?

Of course not. But that’s true to form.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2021 07:18 am
My barber of thirty years passed away from Covid19 two weeks ago tomorrow. I was able to find a picture of him cutting my son's hair twenty years ago to send to his widow. I would say it is still a threat.
farmerman

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2021 08:25 am
@engineer,
as long as we potpone "herd immunity" by anti vqccinators and playing Russian Roulette with maskin and spacing. We may wind up with some variant that will overwhelm the effects of vaccination (which as of now mostly prrotects at a high rate of efficacy but mostly protects those infected from death)
engineer

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2021 09:13 am
@farmerman,
Early on there was a graphic posted on the main Covid thread that said the transmission rate for Covid was on the order of 2.5 to 1 before measures like masks and social distancing. I was listening to an article this morning that said that we are at a plateau in the US, cases have not gone up or down for two months. At the same time we have reached a 50% vaccination rate. So it all seems to add up, we start with 2.5 to one, we reduce by 50% due to vaccinations, we substract some for masks and social distancing for those doing it then add some more contagious variants and we're at around 1 to 1.
0 Replies

Nonothing

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2021 12:18 pm
Of course it is. 800 people died of COVID yesterday (just in the U.S.). Why would you think it's not?
emma jessica

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2021 04:54 am
@Nonothing,
Because I have been an eye witness of people having corona but no symptoms and they passed it easily while many people go through tough times. Its effect varies from person to person I guess.
jespah

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2021 05:01 am
@emma jessica,
Just because some people have an easier time of it doesn't negate the fact that it's still killing people.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Is Covid Still A threat Or Not?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 02:56:19