1
   

Why the political left wants race riots.

 
 
neptuneblue
 
  2  
Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2021 01:09 pm
@maxdancona,
You're an idiot.

No one is claiming getting rid of the Sixth Amendment.

Qualified Immunity needs to be revoked.
maxdancona
 
  -1  
Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2021 01:14 pm
@neptuneblue,
I don't believe qualified immunity was part of the trial. I don't believe it was presented to the jury, nor is it part of the jury instructions.

It is logical if you are protesting a specific policy that can be changed by executive or legislation. But that has nothing to do with this verdict.

It is protesting a jury verdict that I think is ridiculous.
BillRM
 
  1  
Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2021 01:47 pm
@maxdancona,
Considering how the right is encouraging the police to gun down non whites
including 13 years old children I am happy and surprise that there has not been any major race riots.

maxdancona
 
  0  
Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2021 02:01 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Considering how the right is encouraging the police to gun down non whites
including 13 years old children I am happy and surprise that there has not been any major race riots.


Let's be clear Bill. Is this an argument for violent riots (with arson, looting and assaults on police officers)? Are you saying that this violence is justified?

If you don't believe this violence is justified, then please say so. You are using the most extreme rhetoric, but this is specifically a thread about violent riots.

maxdancona
 
  1  
Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2021 02:04 pm
@BillRM,
Just to be clear, I am opposing extremism on the right as well as the extremism on the left.

When Oralloy (a right wing poster) claimed that Black Lives Matter "wants to allow Blacks to gun down police officers", I told him he was being both ridiculous and extreme.

When BillRM (on the left) claims that the Right wants to "gun down non-whites"... it is equally extreme and equally ridiculous.
BillRM
 
  2  
Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2021 03:32 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

BillRM wrote:

Considering how the right is encouraging the police to gun down non whites
including 13 years old children I am happy and surprise that there has not been any major race riots.


Let's be clear Bill. Is this an argument for violent riots (with arson, looting and assaults on police officers)? Are you saying that this violence is justified?

If you don't believe this violence is justified, then please say so. You are using the most extreme rhetoric, but this is specifically a thread about violent riots.




I cheerfully stated that I was both happy and surprise that there had not been major riots given the history of the casual used of lethal force against black males down to the age of 13 by the police departments of this nation.

Sorry but your attempt to connected that with any approval of random violent and riots by me is you being once more dishonest
maxdancona
 
  -1  
Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2021 03:40 pm
@BillRM,
If you aren't justifying violence... then your weird rantings about police "mowing down" black kids with "toy guns" doesn't worry me.
BillRM
 
  1  
Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2021 03:58 pm
@maxdancona,
So dead children do not concern you?
0 Replies
 
BillRM
 
  2  
Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2021 04:02 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

If you aren't justifying violence... then your weird rantings about police "mowing down" black kids with "toy guns" doesn't worry me.


By the way does a large part of the GOP supporting violent attacks on our capital when an election does not go their way worry you
maxdancona
 
  -1  
Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2021 04:10 pm
@BillRM,
What makes you think that the insurrection on the Capitol didn't "worry" me? It does.

You don't have to pick sides. I oppose the extremism from the right. I oppose extremism from the left. What Trump was irresponsible and damaging. What Maxine Waters said was irresponsible and damaging.
0 Replies
 
BillRM
 
  2  
Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2021 04:19 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
When BillRM (on the left) claims that the Right wants to "gun down non-whites"... it is equally extreme and equally ridiculous.


Lot of dead non-whites had been gun down including children that said other wise not to mention the history of this nation such as the burning of a whole well off black town or the very recent attempted murders of members of congress and the Vic President.

0 Replies
 
Brandon9000
 
  -1  
Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2021 06:41 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
Trump said "We have to fight like hell... or we won't have a country any more". He was using stark words to express injustice and call his supporters to extreme action. A portion of America believed this fervently. The result was the deadly violence on January 6th....

While I approve of your general point here, I deny that he was calling his supporters to extreme action. He was calling them to action. People say "fight like hell" or an equivalent all the time. I defy you to quote the sentence in which he was calling for extreme action. I have asked various posters here to tell me this sentence and the answer is always something like, "Well, if you look at the whole situation and the context, blah, blah, blah." What he did say was:

I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard.
0 Replies
 
BillRM
 
  2  
Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2021 10:06 pm
@maxdancona,
LOL love that the states GOP are trying to made legal the killing of protesters with cars.

I just can see the far right buying cars and vans equip so they can comfortably run over whole groups of protesters.

Quote:
OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — When massive demonstrations against racial injustice ... who run onto highways and legal immunity for drivers who hit them. ... in the crowd had attacked the vehicle with the driver's children inside.

maxdancona
 
  1  
Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2021 10:34 pm
@BillRM,
This is a lie. The real problem is that "protesters" are attacking cars.
hightor
 
  3  
Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2021 04:46 am
@maxdancona,
Quote:
The real problem is that "protesters" are attacking cars.

Isn't such behavior already illegal? If I take a baseball to someone's car and start busting the windows I could be arrested for destruction of property. If there are people in the car wouldn't it be considered assault?

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.legendarycarvideos.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2017%2F09%2Fman-hits-car-with-baseball-bat-a.jpg&f=1&nofb=1
maxdancona
 
  0  
Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2021 07:01 am
@hightor,
You support things like hate crime legislation even though the acts are already illegal.

Sometimes you feel like laws need to be strengthened.
BillRM
 
  1  
Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2021 07:20 am
@maxdancona,
Try telling that nonsense to the families of the death people run over by cars for daring to protect.
maxdancona
 
  1  
Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2021 07:24 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Try telling that nonsense to the families of the death people run over by cars for daring to protect.


Now you are confusing me....who is trying to protect the families of the death people?
BillRM
 
  1  
Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2021 07:28 am
@maxdancona,
Seem straight forward the states GOP wish to allow murder by car of protectors .
hightor
 
  3  
Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2021 07:42 am
@maxdancona,
Quote:
You support things like hate crime legislation even though the acts are already illegal.

Actually I don't. I've always expressed opposition to categorizing crimes and speech as "hate crimes" and "hate speech". I feel the same about "genocide" — killing huge numbers of people is already a great evil; calling it by a fancy name doesn't make it worse. I know that this view isn't popular but it is my own.
 

 
Copyright © 2021 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/15/2021 at 02:50:45