When Black Lives Matter goes too far. The case of Jacob Blake.

BillRM

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2021 01:43 pm
@maxdancona,
You are putting bullets into a metal car where they could be redirect and hit anyone in that car just to start with.
maxdancona

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2021 01:48 pm
@Mame,
What thread are you talking about, Mame?

The point is that you have your ideological narrative, and you are making a quick judgement without considering the facts. Your weird comment about "shooting at a car" is an broad ideological swipe. It has nothing to do with facts.

A rational person will look at each case based on the facts, rather than jumping to conclusions based on an ideological narrative.

maxdancona

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2021 01:49 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

You are putting bullets into a metal car where they could be redirect and hit anyone in that car just to start with.

In order to stop an armed sex offender from taking child hostages .

Your narrative doesn't fit the facts.
BillRM

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2021 01:51 pm
@Mame,
The amn was fighting with his wife and was shoot climbing back into his car with his repeat his kids in the car.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2021 01:54 pm
The black lives matter movement is arguing that the civil rights of Jacob Blake were violated because Jacob Blake was shot while he was holding a knife and resisting arrest and putting kids at risk.

Bill and Mame are making a different argument about the children. The can read the expert analysis if they choose. The police experts and the independent experts disagree.

But this is really outside the scope of this thread.

The claim from the black lives matter movement that Jacob Blake had his civil rights violated as he was resisting arrest while armed is ridiculous
BillRM

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2021 02:13 pm
@maxdancona,
When a white mass murder is involve the police many times find a way to take him into custody but with a black male going wild over his own kids you need to kill or cripple him an not with one bullet but 7 bullets in the back.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2021 02:13 pm
To anyone reading this thread I would ask three questions

1. Have you considered the facts before jumping to an ideological conclusion? Please read the facts I listed in my first post. You are welcome to check them.

2. Are there any facts that if proven would change your opinion?

3. Are there any other examples with the facts cause you reach a conclusion outside of this ideological narrative?

To answer my own questions, yes I did get to the facts. Yes there are several facts that would cause me to change my opinion for example if he weren't holding a knife or if he was complying with the police commands.

The most important part of this is the ability to question your own side and to change your opinion when the facts no longer match the ideological narrative. I agree with the message of black lives matter when the message is that systemic racism needs to be addressed. I agree with black lives matter in many but not all of the other cases they raise.

In this case, they are wrong. Once you have an absolute unquestioning acceptance of everything from an ideological narrative you lose the ability for critical thought.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2021 02:17 pm
@maxdancona,
You are an argumentative, pedantic human being, max.
longjon

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2021 02:46 pm
Why isn't Benjamin Crump representing this woman?

Why is BLM silent on all the attacks on Asians by violent, out of control blacks?

I thought that Crump and BLM were all about "civil rights" and stopping "racism".

70-Year-Old Mexican Woman Badly Beaten on LA Bus by Racist Black Woman Who Thought She Was Asian

70-Year-Old Mexican Woman Badly Beaten on LA Bus by Racist Black Woman Who Thought She Was Asian
By Cristina Laila
Published April 15, 2021 at 10:22pm

A 70-year-old Mexican woman was badly beaten by a 23-year-old racist black woman who thought she was Asian.

The elderly Mexican victim suffered a concussion, broken nose, black eyes and had her hair yanked out.

23-year-old Yasmine Beasley began beating the victim, identified by her son as “Becky” as she was getting off of a bus in Los Angeles.

Beasley hurled anti-Asian racial slurs as she beat up the grandmother.

KTLA 5 reported:

A 70-year-old woman was left with a concussion, severely battered face and other injuries after being assaulted by a fellow passenger on a Metro bus in Eagle Rock last week, her son told The Eastsider.

The Mexican American victim was profiled as Asian by her attacker, who hurled a racial epithet used against people of Chinese descent before attacking the grandmother as she got off the bus to go grocery shopping, according to the son, who gave his name only as Pete.

Los Angeles police say they are still gathering information on the incident. But a department spokesperson confirmed 23-year-old Yasmine Beasley was arrested following the incident at about 1:30 p.m. Friday at the corner of Figueroa Street and La Loma Road.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/04/70-year-old-mexican-woman-badly-beaten-la-bus-racist-black-woman-thought-asian/
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2021 02:50 pm
Please ignore longjon. I find his posts to be extreme and idiotic. They have nothing to do with this thread.

I will not respond to his nonsense.
BillRM

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2021 05:45 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

BillRM wrote:

In order to stop an armed sex offender from taking child hostages .

Your narrative doesn't fit the facts.

You mean his own kids?
maxdancona

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2021 06:02 pm
@BillRM,
Yes, the police should prevent this armed sex offender from taking his own kids hostages. That is the job of this police officer, it is the reason we have police officers.

The police were called by the mother who was screaming "He has my kids". When they got there the suspect was armed and refused to comply. In this domestic violence situation, I would expect the police to use whatever force necessary to prevent a potential abuser from posing a risk to his own kids.

This is an interesting case of two competing political narratives both from the left. The prevent domestic violence narrative lost out to the Black Lives Matter narrative.

If you want the police to protect women and children in instances of domestic violence, you need to allow them to use force when women or children are in danger.

If not... maybe we should only send unarmed police to domestic violence calls.
BillRM

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2021 06:24 pm
@maxdancona,
Sorry I did not read any claims that the man ever harm or assault his own kids or any other children for that matter.

When rich people like Brad Pitt is charge with sexual misdeeds or harming children they hire lawyers and poor people who turn to self help to connect with their children get gun down by the police assuming they are black males at least.

Are you for gunning down mothers who illegal grab their kids.How many bullets should be fired into their back?
0 Replies

longjon

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2021 07:21 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
I find his posts to be extreme and idiotic

Max, your posts are exactly like mine. You're just like me, and everyone agrees on that.
maxdancona

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2021 07:38 pm
@longjon,
Good longjon,

So you agree with me that systemic racism is a real problem in policiing and socisty in general. And, you support police reform to make address racial inequality that includes having police work with minority communities.

And, I suppose you also agree with me that most liberal social policies are correct, especially the ones that promote economic equality and that although these policies should help all people, that they will specifically focus where the problems are, and this means focused aid for minority communities.

My disagreement with the liberal side is the narrative.... not the policies (for the most part, there are a few exceptions).

In most cases I agree with the liberals on policy. In fewer cases I agree with conservatives. I don't follow a political narrative.

If you really are like me, maybe I misunderstood your posts.

Black Lives Matters is making a valid point. I am disagreeing with them on strategy and on specific cases, not on overall goals.

If you are really on board with this... could you please stop spamming my threads with irrelevant extremist propaganda nonsense?
longjon

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2021 09:21 pm
@maxdancona,
I meant that you're a fan of Sean Hannity and Adolf Hitler.

I wish you'd cool it off with the Hitler stuff though.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2021 02:07 pm
@maxdancona,
Your right max. Kill the kids in order to protect from a sex offender.
maxdancona

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2021 02:39 pm
@RABEL222,
You are right Ravel... When this police officer set starting beating beating these kids with a shotgun it was probably excessive force. And he probably didn't need to drive over these kids after he had already lit them on fire.this kids on fire...

If you are going to make stuff up to prove your point, you should make it good. ******* police sharks with ******* police laser beams on their heads.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sun 18 Apr, 2021 06:03 am
The outrage expressed in this case is due to a uniquely American political context. In any other context, people would support the actions of the police officer in this case.

When in Canada, a man armed with a knife who has a felony sexual assault warrant defies police orders and poses a threat to other people, he will likely be shot by Canadian police. Canadians would not fault the police officer given these facts (when the police officer tried to make the arrest with less lethal force and was following procedure).

It is only in America that this happens... people start with the political narrative... and then then twist the facts and manufacture details that didn't even happen in order to justify their outrage.

Go back and look at the facts of this case objectively. Set this in Canada (if that helps) and make the poice officer Canadian. In this case the police officer was clearly acting reasonably.

You can't judge individual people based on a broad political narrative.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sun 18 Apr, 2021 06:14 am
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

Your right max. Kill the kids in order to protect from a sex offender.

I can only wonder if he would defend mothers who would illegal grab their children being shot many times in their back while getting onto their car with their kids.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 04:16:52