Need help with picking lyrics

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2005 01:54 am
Ok, so I have a situation where in a relationship, there is some difficulty in talking about emotions. Fun!! She has found a way to get across her emotions through song lyrics, and it works really well. But I can't find anything that's not overtly sappy or vague. I need lyrics that can relate to a relationship without it seeming, uh, dumb. All the lyrics I find are too vague, like Tonight, Tonight, by the Smashing Pumpkins, and such. I was hoping someone would know of some Intelligent, witty, meaningful lyrics concerning good things for a relationship. Es difficult, and I just can't think of anything. Your help would be dearly appreciated.

---
She sent me:

If it makes you less sad, I will die by your hand. I hope you find out what you want. I already know what I am. And if it makes you less sad, we'll start talking again. And you can tell me how vile I already know that I am. I'll grow old and start acting my age. I'll be a brand new day in a life that you hate. A crown of gold. A heart that's harder than stone. And it hurts a whole lot, but it's missed when it's gone. Call me a safe bet. I'm betting I'm not. I'm glad that you can forgive. I'm only hoping as time goes, you can forget. If it makes you less sad, I'll move out of the state. You can keep to yourself. I'll keep out of your way. And if it makes you less sad, I'll take your pictures all down. Every picture you paint, I will paint myself out. It's cold as a tomb, and it's dark in your room, when I sneak to your bed to pour salt in your wounds. So call it quits or get a grip. Say you wanted a solution. You just wanted to be missed. Call me a safe bet. I'm betting I'm not. I'm glad that you can forgive.
I'm only hoping as time goes, you can forget... You are calm and reposed. Let your beauty unfold. Pale white, like the skin stretched over your bones. Spring keeps you ever close. You are second hand smoke. You are so fragile and thin. Standing trial for your sins. Holding onto yourself the best you can. You are the smell before rain. You are the blood in my veins. Call me a safe bet. I'm betting I'm not. I'm glad that you can forgive. I'm only hoping as time goes, you can forget.

See how kick ass those lyrics were?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 402 • Replies: 1
No top replies

jespah

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2005 06:37 am
Probably not the kind of music you're looking for (this just so happens to be a country tune from 1970), and not super-intellectual, but it does say something about not flattering your love, about being there for someone and not with flowers and candy but by being their rock: http://search.able2know.com/About/12264.html

It's Rose Garden by Lynn Anderson, the above link is to the lyrics.
0 Replies