Are Al-Qaida nukes already in U.S.?

Reyn

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 09:48 pm
If there is truth in this article, it is indeed quite frightening. Does anyone else have any sources of information for the possibility that these weapons are already in the U.S.?

Are Al-Qaida nukes already in U.S.?

From BrocktonMass.com
Opinion
By JOSEPH FARAH'S G2 BULLETIN
Jul 14, 2005, 11:15

WASHINGTON - As London recovers from the latest deadly al-Qaida attack that killed at least 50, top U.S. government officials are contemplating what they consider to be an inevitable and much bigger assault on America - one likely to kill millions, destroy the economy and fundamentally alter the course of history, reports Joseph Farah's G2 Bulletin.

According to captured al-Qaida leaders and documents, the plan is called the "American Hiroshima" and involves the multiple detonation of nuclear weapons already smuggled into the U.S. over the Mexican border with the help of the MS-13 street gang and other organized crime groups.

Al-Qaida has obtained at least 40 nuclear weapons from the former Soviet Union - including suitcase nukes, nuclear mines, artillery shells and even some missile warheads. In addition, documents captured in Afghanistan show al-Qaida had plans to assemble its own nuclear weapons with fissile material it purchased on the black market.

In addition to detonating its own nuclear weapons already planted in the U.S., military sources also say there is evidence to suggest al-Qaida is paying former Russian special forces Spetznaz to assist the terrorist group in locating nuclear weapons formerly concealed inside the U.S. by the Soviet Union during the Cold War. Osama bin Laden's group is also paying nuclear scientists from Russia and Pakistan to maintain its existing nuclear arsenal and assemble additional weapons with the materials it has invested hundreds of millions in procuring over a period of 10 years.

The plans for the devastating nuclear attack on the U.S. have been under development for more than a decade. It is designed as a final deadly blow of defeat to the U.S., which is seen by al-Qaida and its allies as "the Great Satan."

At least half the nuclear weapons in the al-Qaida arsenal were obtained for cash from the Chechen terrorist allies.

But the most disturbing news is that high level U.S. officials now believe at least some of those weapons have been smuggled into the U.S. for use in the near future in major cities as part of this "American Hiroshima" plan, according to an upcoming book, "The Al Qaeda Connection: International Terrorism, Organized Crime and the Coming Apocalypse," by Paul L. Williams, a former FBI consultant.

According to Williams, former CIA Director George Tenet informed President Bush one month after the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks that at least two suitcase nukes had reached al-Qaida operatives in the U.S.

"Each suitcase weighed between 50 and 80 kilograms (approximately 110 to 176 pounds) and contained enough fissionable plutonium and uranium to produce an explosive yield in excess of two kilotons," wrote Williams. "One suitcase bore the serial number 9999 and the Russian manufacturing date of 1988. The design of the weapons, Tenet told the president, is simple. The plutonium and uranium are kept in separate compartments that are linked to a triggering mechanism that can be activated by a clock or a call from the cell phone."

According to the author, the news sent Bush "through the roof," prompting him to order his national security team to give nuclear terrorism priority over every other threat to America.

However, it is worth noting that Bush failed to translate this policy into securing the U.S.-Mexico border through which the nuclear weapons and al-Qaida operatives are believed to have passed with the help of the MS-13 smugglers. He did, however, order the building of underground bunkers away from major metropolitan areas for use by federal government managers following an attack.

Bin Laden, according to Williams, has nearly unlimited funds to spend on his nuclear terrorism plan because he has remained in control of the Afghanistan-produced heroin industry. Poppy production has greatly increased even while U.S. troops are occupying the country, he writes. Al-Qaida has developed close relations with the Albanian Mafia, which assists in the smuggling and sale of heroin throughout Europe and the U.S.

Some of that money is used to pay off the notorious MS-13 street gang between $30,000 and $50,000 for each sleeper agent smuggled into the U.S. from Mexico. The sleepers are also provided with phony identification, most often bogus matricula consular ID cards indistinguishable from Mexico's official ID, now accepted in the U.S. to open bank accounts and obtain driver's licenses.

The Bush administration's unwillingness to secure the U.S.-Mexico border has puzzled and dismayed a growing number of activists and ordinary citizens who see it as the No. 1 security threat to the nation. The Minuteman organization is planning a major mobilization of thousands of Americans this fall designed to shut down the entire 2,000-mile border as it did in April with a 23-mile stretch in Arizona.

According to Williams' sources, thousands of al-Qaida sleeper agents have now been forward deployed into the U.S. to carry out their individual roles in the coming "American Hiroshima" plan.

Bin Laden's goal, according to the book, is to kill at least 4 million Americans, 2 million of whom must be children. Only then, bin Laden has said, would the crimes committed by America on the Arab and Muslim world be avenged.

There is virtually no doubt among intelligence analysts al-Qaida has obtained fully assembled nuclear weapons, according to Williams. The only question is how many. Estimates range between a dozen and 70. The breathtaking news is that an undetermined number of these weapons, including suitcase bombs, mines and crude tactical nuclear weapons, have already been smuggled into the U.S. - at least some across the U.S.-Mexico border.

The future plan, according to captured al-Qaida agents and documents, suggests the attacks will take place simultaneously in major cities throughout the country - including New York, Boston, Washington, Las Vegas, Miami, Chicago and Los Angeles.

In response to the G2 Bulletin revelations, Chris Simcox, founder of the Minuteman Civil Defense Corps, a citizen action group demanding the U.S. government take control of its borders, said an immediate military presence on the borders is now imperative "to stop the overwhelming influx of unidentified, potentially hostile and seditious persons coming across at an alarming rate."

"Terrorists have carte blanche to carry practically anything they want across our national line at this time," he said. "As ordinary citizens have warned this government for years, the only surprising part about the new information reported here is that nothing apocalyptic from Mexican-border weapons trafficking has yet happened. Terrorism has reared its ugly head in London again these past few days, and as we know all too well we are not immune in this country. At this point, the next attempt to attack America at home is just a matter of 'when,' not 'if.' And our unsecured borders have surely contributed to this threat - yet our government officials continue to fiddle while our nation's margin of security and safety burns away. The president and Congress had better wake up before they have to answer for another devastating terrorist incursion on our own soil."

Source[/color]
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 683 • Replies: 16
No top replies

Reyn

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 09:54 pm
There is mention of The Minutemen in the above article that I posted. What is your opinion of this organization? Are their actions "the right ones", or are they viewed as being over-zealous?

Link to The Minuteman Civil Defense Corps is HERE.

Do you feel that the U.S. should have a military presence on all its borders?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 10:21 pm
Well, on the border with Canada, anyway . . . Lord knows you can't trust them folks . . .
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 10:25 pm
And your opinion of the original post and The Minutemen is....?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 10:32 pm
My opinion of the article you posted is a paraphrase of H. L. Mencken: No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people.

My opinion of the Minutemen is a paraphrase of H. L. Mencken: No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 10:39 pm
You speak in riddles, sir. Do you feel that the story over-states the danger of these weapons? Or, should we worry?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2005 12:22 am
I haven't sufficient reliable information to make a judgement, and i suspect the author of the piece doesn't either. That seems to me to be a tendentious piece of writing dependant upon sensationalism. In order to be convinced, one need take what the author states upon no other authority than the author's bald assertions--and it is redolent of deep-dyed conspiracy.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2005 12:45 am
Okay, Reyn, this is my best answer: there are single elements in the article that come across as plausible. Altogether, though, it is simply incredible. If we are asked to accept or reject the whole thing, I have to leave it where I found it.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2005 08:34 am
If anyone else can come up with additional different stories on this to back up the original article, it would be helpful. Even if there is some element of truth in it, we have cause to be concerned I believe. These are desperate people.

Quite frankly, I'm surprised that both the Canadian and Mexican borders haven't been beefed up with more security of some kind. With my job as a meter reader, I do routes that are on our Zero Avenue that are literally parallel with roads in Washington state, with only a ditch between them.

Yes, I do see some cameras on tall poles and the occasional border patrol, but it seems to me, there is room for more to be done, certainly from our side. I have never seen any patrols here at all, and I think that's pathetic.

Here is Canada's answer:

McLellan announces details of February budget spending on border security
at 16:07 on July 15, 2005, EST.

OTTAWA (CP) - Canada has formally announced details of its budget promise on increased border security, including hiring 270 border guards over five years.

A release from Public Safety Minister Anne McLellan's office says the government will also implement the recommendations of a study analysing job risks at the border.

McLellan later told an audience in Seattle the improvements are critical to secure the border and still ensure trade and traffic flow efficiently.

The budget earmarked $433 million to the Canadian Border Services Agency over five years.

It also set aside $134 million to increase marine surveillance and harmonize security measures with the United States, including sending CBSA officers to overseas ports.

Source[/color]

From my Canadian point of view, I think The Minutemen organization have struck a nerve with many Americans and make a good point, especially on the Mexican side. From what I have read so far, I don't find this group radical at all. More like an extended "block watch" situation.

Opinions, please....
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2005 10:31 am
First, note that for a mere $9.95 US, one can subscribe to this joker's newsletter. That makes him suspect in my eyes, because he has a vested interest in sensationalism to sell his product. Second, i consider the Minutemen to be nearing the lunatic fringe, if in fact, they have not already arrived.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2005 02:20 pm
Setanta wrote:
...i consider the Minutemen to be nearing the lunatic fringe, if in fact, they have not already arrived.

Could you expand on that, please? Why do you feel their activities are off-base?

Sure, nobody wants to think that there's a terrorist behind every bush trying to make a run for the border, but do they not have some valid function? As I mentioned previously, rather like an expanded "block watch" program, but on a bigger scale. Is too much vigilance a bad thing?

Just playing devil's advocate here....
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2005 06:52 pm
Reyn wrote:
Just playing devil's advocate here....

Yeah, i understand that part of it. The people concerned are delighted to be able to don their camo, grab their guns and head for the border. They are not answerable to any authority, if something goes wrong, they can ditch their camo and gun and blend into the crowd--they are subject to no accountability as a member of law enforcement would be. They have no training, and their response to a situation cannot be predicted. There is no reason to assume that their purpose is noble, and even with venal cops, one has recourse to "the system" to deal with them--not so this band of vigilante wannabes.

Neighborhood watch programs are based upon people in their homes calling the law if anything seems untoward. That is a far cry from toting guns and roaring around the Sonoran desert in SUV's, desparately hoping to find some illegals to interdict. Historically, the Minutemen were members of the militia, equipped by the Crown, who had training and experience, and they were originally conceived as a force to answer promptly to raids by the French and Indians out of Canada. They later got an underserved reputation as those who first responed to the threat of Crown tyranny. This bunch is even more loosely organized and i find their motives suspect.

Apart from that, i'm sure they're wonderful folks.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2005 08:10 pm
Thanks for that, 'Set'. Your opinion is valued and appreciated.

Is there anyone who has an opposing view of The Minutemen? Are they a well-meaning bunch of patriots, or just a bunch of scary vigilantes?
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2005 08:26 pm
I think they (the Minutemen) are making a very important point to the Mexicans, Fox, Bush, and our elected officials as well.

It is illegal to enter illegally.

(If you think that sounded stupid or redundant--why do some people think it odd to police a border where it is ILLEGAL to pass?)

I don't want anyone to shoot anyone--but I'd be happy if they were armed with cell phones.

Re your article about nukes, Reyn, for some reason, reports like this don't worry me. If they make it to print, I don't think they are accurate or either still possible.

But, I am extremely concerned about the ease of smuggling into the US.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2005 08:45 pm
Lash wrote:
I think they (the Minutemen) are making a very important point to the Mexicans, Fox, Bush, and our elected officials as well.

It is illegal to enter illegally.

Agreed. I find it disappointing that the border between the U.S. and Canada continues to be not well-monitored from our side of the fence. At a minimum, I would expect our country to put up cameras in strategic spots, like it is on the U.S. side. I think this continues to be a sore point with those concerned about border security in the U.S.

Quote:
Re your article about nukes, Reyn, for some reason, reports like this don't worry me. If they make it to print, I don't think they are accurate or either still possible.

Perhaps we may be worrying for nothing, but it does give me cause for concern. There seems to continue to be old stocks of various weaponry being sold under-the-table from the former USSR. It would only be a matter of time before they find their way over to this continent.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2005 09:18 pm
Occasionally, I do wonder if somewhere, some nest of seven year locusts are working busily on some horrific scenario.

I can't say that I don't think of it.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2005 04:06 pm
I'm wondering why this Jim Chase cut ties with the Minutemen? Perhaps 'Set' was right.

Civilian Group Patrols Mexico Border

By Associated Press
July 17, 2005, 9:42 AM EDT

CAMPO, Calif. -- Volunteers began patrolling remote mountains outside San Diego on Saturday, watching for illegal immigrants and drug smugglers as part of a campaign to draw attention to the nation's porous border with Mexico.

About 30 volunteers joined the first patrol of a 26-mile stretch of rolling hills from Jacumba to Tecate. The patrols, called California Border Watch, are modeled on a similar effort in the Arizona desert earlier this year.

Jim Chase, a former Arizona Minuteman volunteer who cut ties with that group, is leading the California patrols, which will continue through Aug. 7. He said volunteers will call the Border Patrol if they spot illegal border activity.

Chase, a retired postal worker, said he and others will carry guns for self-defense but will not initiate attacks. "The guns are for one reason -- to keep my people alive," he said in an interview Friday.

On Saturday, a loud group of about 100 protesters outnumbered the volunteers, and Chase temporarily drove away from the border to chants of "racists, go home."

Rich Macgurn, a human rights activist with a group called Gente Unida, or People United, said the number of patrol volunteers was "pretty scarce," and protesters had only spotted a few of them.

Earlier this week, the Web site for Chase's group urged volunteers to bring baseball bats, mace, pepper spray and machetes. Chase said he removed those items after the U.S. Border Patrol expressed concern.

The group set up headquarters outside the Veterans of Foreign Wars post in Campo, an unincorporated mountain village of 1,200 people about a mile north of the Mexican border and 40 miles east of San Diego.

The Border Patrol was setting up a command post outside its Campo station. San Diego Sheriff Bill Kolender said deputies would closely monitor the area.

Chase, 58, said he expected 100 to 200 volunteers to join the patrols throughout the three-week vigil.

Source[/color]
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Are Al-Qaida nukes already in U.S.?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/28/2024 at 08:20:19