Grammar Question

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2021 10:32 pm
Is it "Actually Would" or "Would Actually" in the sentence below?

There's a very good reason why I'm interested in the evaluation process, and
that is because I "actually would" like to know if I'm meeting company standards and expectations.

There's a very good reason why I'm interested in the evaluation process, and
that is because I "would actually" like to know if I'm meeting company standards and expectations.

glitterbag

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2021 11:27 pm
@mix-bell,
I don't know if any other members will agree with me, but I would remove "actually would and would actually" and replace with either 'need' or 'have' and drop the other word 'like'.

i.e. "I'm interested in the evaluation process because I have/need to know if I'm meeting company standards and expectations." (thats what I would do, you're examples aren't incorrect because people will understand the sentence..my preference would be to get rid of a few words and simplify it.

Others may have a better explanation for you, I'm sure they will weigh in. Good luck.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2021 01:10 pm
I think you mean to say that you wonder if you are actually meeting standards...
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2021 01:35 pm
@mix-bell,
There is a danger here that your comment could be considered an indictment of the process. It might not be received well if you imply that the process is just a rubber stamp but you want more.

"There's a very good reason why I'm interested in the evaluation process, and
that is because I want to know if I'm meeting company standards and expectations."
0 Replies

bracknelson123

Reply Tue 16 Mar, 2021 02:57 am
@mix-bell,
In my opinion, first one is correct to some extent.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Grammar Question
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/09/2024 at 12:22:22