Would you stop talking to someone if they took too long to reply to texts?

Dsg1116

Reply Sun 28 Feb, 2021 08:23 pm

I have given up on online dating but do keep my account hidden. My account is visible to matches but that’s it, I can’t like other profiles. In case I change my mind, I’ve had it this way for around 3 months. Anyway, I received a message from someone this week, he replied right away and ask that we talk through Snapchat. I did not realize that he also messaged me right before I hid my account, I missed it. He takes forever to reply, I messaged him at 3 pm yesterday and he did not reply until 11. He apparent works fire safety, I’m going to end up deleting him
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 366 • Replies: 4

farmerman

Reply Sun 28 Feb, 2021 10:11 pm
@Dsg1116,
my life is so uncomplicated. So much so, that I have nothing to offer . Im am full of nothing.

Sorry, but I wept openly for you .
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2021 10:10 am
@Dsg1116,
A response within the same day is not too long.

And no I would not stop talking to someone who took too long to reply to texts. Not everyone is attached to their phone. Some people may only look at it a couple of times a day - some may look at it and read and decide it does not need my immediate attention. Many people work at places where they are not allowed to have their phones with them.

So I would still talk to them if I found our conversations interesting.
engineer

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2021 10:29 am
@Linkat,
Also, asking someone to respond while they are at work is a problem. There are jobs where you don't look at your phone or just respond in cases of emergencies.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2021 11:58 am
I only check my phone once a day unless I forget, than I check it once every 2 days unless I forget...........
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Would you stop talking to someone if they took too long to reply to texts?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 05:50:36