What do you like to do for fun?

dlowan

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2003 02:48 pm
Gezzy - I can only answer for Adelaide. Our biggest house spider is the huntsman - which is a nasty looking (if you dislike spiders) light brown, moderately furry one. This can grow pretty big - a big one would be about the size of my palm, counting legs - but they are relatively harmless. This means that they pack a nasty wallop if they bite, which is extremely rare, but they are not poisonous.

The dangerous Adelaide spiders, the red-back and the white-tip, are quite small. We have orb spiders, which are harmless, but can be big, and which weave HUGE webs just where you walk when you take the rubbish out, and such, and eat them in the morning, only to do it all again!

Trap-door spiders are now mainly confined to the country - they are big and mean- but generally only bite if you pull their trap-doors open - doh!

The nasties - the funnel-web and mouse spiders, are east coast horrors. I am aware that huntsmen grow much bigger in the wetter areas - having become hysterical about the size of one I put my hand on when trying to turn the light in the loo on in Queensland.

I am not knowledgeable about tropical or western spiders.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2003 05:13 pm
Rooting on my girls at their soccer games.
Rooting on my son at his baseball games.
Having civil conversations with my wife.
Gardening. Cooking (especially what we grow).
I love to play golf and ski, but those activities have fallen off in recent years due to the activities named above.

We do travel a fair amount and we all enjoy that. We spend several weeks in Michigan enjoying the summer weather on the lake. In early spring we often go to Florida to visit the folks and catch some rays. Usually there's one or two more flying trips each year, to random places.

And of course Drunk .
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2003 05:29 pm
Hunting down and killing wild animals with my bare hands.

Unfortunately, my neighbor doesn't agree with my argument his 3 new puppies are "wild animals." Let's see if I have a better time convincing the judge.
0 Replies

Eve

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2003 06:05 pm
Since I finished working I don't do anything that isn't fun. From the time I get out bed in the morning knowing that it is by choice and not necessity, until I go to bed at night (and after) Life is a ball!
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2003 06:14 pm
Dlowan -- I've got huntsman spiders here too and find them quite handsome, if shy. Didn't know about the bite.

Fun? Everything. Well, some things are chores. My latest form of bliss is searching out and taking photos of gorgeous metal farm buildings in different lights. And taking extreme close-ups of things on the ground. I know -- we can't all be that weird, thank goodness!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2003 07:11 pm
spiders... hey, now, we have tarantulas here that get pretty darn big. But, they are pretty harmless. Same thing with the scorpions, the smaller ones are more poisonous than the bigger ones, generally.
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2003 10:01 pm
Wow, Littlek. Boston has changed since my day!!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2003 10:17 pm
Tartarin - Not Boston! Heehee.... but America in general. And, at least you don't go around photographing dead things. Why-o-why do I always cross the path of dead things when I'm carrying a camera?
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2003 10:30 pm
lil'k's camera of death Shocked

can it match the power of slappy's ballpoint pen of death?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2003 10:41 pm
nono, it doesn't cause death.... I have yet to find a dead owl... hmmm.
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2003 10:43 pm
Razz
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2003 10:50 pm
hehehe, I do have a turkey though.
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2003 10:52 pm
live or roasted?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2003 10:52 pm
Well, neither, it was on the beach, rolling in the surf, decapitated.
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2003 10:55 pm
like i said camera of death. i think your camera beats slappy's pen hands down.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2003 11:04 pm
hmmmm.... I prolly shouldn't describe the bunnies, eh?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2003 11:16 pm
Shocked

bunnies?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2003 11:22 pm
don't ask.
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2003 03:11 am
i'll ask. more decapitated pic's?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2003 03:14 am
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/19/2024 at 07:13:48