What do you like to do for fun?

pueo

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2003 02:18 am
hello deb
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2003 02:19 am
Howdy Deb. How's things in Australia? Hey, are the spiders really big over there? Just something I'm curious about.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2003 02:28 am
Er - the big ones seem fairly big to me, and the little ones seem quite little, while the medium ones seem quite middling.

How big is your idea of big?
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2003 02:37 am
Well, I watch the crocodile hunter every now and then and as cool as I think he is, I also think he's crazy. Anyway, I watched one of his shows recently where him and his wife showed all these spiders and the common house spider was as big as a mini tarantula. I ran this across Wilso and he says it's true which gives me chills since I'm petrified of spiders! Is it true Deb?
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2003 02:40 am
The big spiders up here in New Brunswick get about one and a half inches wide as far as leg span and that's big to me. I hate those damn things.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2003 03:31 am
For fun, gezzy and dlowan like to talk abt spiders - unlike me Smile

My ideas of fun are as disparate as my personality. I love hanging out with friends in bars, drinking and bitching and leching, at the same time I enjoy being all by myself, with a good book and a nice scotch or a bottle of red, or playing cricket/football in the park, with beer chilling in the ice book (note how alcohol is a constant feature in all my activities)

But the most fun I have is when I am back in India being pampered by my mom (but only for a couple of weeks Wink)
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2003 03:41 am
i enjoy hanging out in bars with friends too, been staying away from the bars for a while. maybe next week. Drunk
0 Replies

Jim

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2003 04:15 am
Reading a good book, hiking in the woods, snow skiing, spending time with the family, strategy games on the computer.
0 Replies

hebba

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2003 07:55 am
Carving wood and stone.It doesn´t get much more fun than that.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2003 09:14 am
good to see Pueo - it's beena while!

For fun? well, lately I've been playing a lot of one computer game. But, when it's not winter, I spend a lot of time outside gardening. That's maybe more therapy then fun. I guess I go socialize for fun?
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2003 10:41 am
I like to go to the bar and meet people - that could also be the bar of the restaurant where BigDice works. In summer, I love to go rollerblading all by myself. I like to read, watch movies, go to the gym, swim. Spend an evening with friends in our kitchen - first watching BigDice cook, then eat what he cooked and drink a lot of wine :-)
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2003 10:41 am
Hebba
That sounds like something I'd enjoy doing. I love working with wood.

Littlek
Gardening is right up my alley as well, as you already know ;-)
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2003 10:44 am
urs
I always wanted to rollerblade, but never got around to it.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2003 10:44 am
What do I like to do for fun? What a foolish quesiton. LOL I love to travel, ofcoarse! Just returned from a one week trip to London for the A2K London Gathering. It was a fantastic week. Will provide details on the Travel Forum within the next week or so. c.i.
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2003 10:47 am
CI
I wish I could travel and see all the places you've seen. Can't wait to hear about your London trip ;-)
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2003 10:49 am
I enjoy reading truely definitive explanations from Australians. Big spiders, indeed.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2003 10:52 am
I enjoy playing my guitar, hanging with my cubs, listening to Yes,talking with squinney, sexual olympics with squinney, jetskiing,
working out, and walking outside with a discman on listening to Yes.
I like cutting the grass, believe it or not. When I'm finished it looks neat and pretty, and I didn't have to talk to anyone while I did it.
In the warm weather I like taking my morning coffee next to the pool when it's really quiet and peaceful and I can hear the sounds of the natural world (mostly) around me. I like good comedy, good reading, and I love seeing bullies of any kind get shot down and ridiculed, preferably in front of their peers.

I like all you able2knowers, even though I don't post that much. Smile
0 Replies

Peace and Love

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2003 11:32 am
Hi Jim.... Welcome to A2K!!

I like to play computer games, too. I like Alchemy, PocoMan, MahJong Solitaire, Bricks (like Tetris), BeSpelled. I really want to play Myst, and the two sequels to Myst, but my computer at home is running on NT2000, and won't support many of the games. I'm on the verge of getting (a freebie!) an old used computer that's running on Windows98, just to be my games computer!

When I'm not playing computer games, I like to do anything that's outdoors, and usually involves my dog, *Jack*, who loves to play frisbee and loves to fetch tennis balls or soccer balls!

Very Happy
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2003 11:34 am
Im with the majority..fun is generally out socializing where beverages are concerned. Well, theres other stuff but, fun..okay i guess, more like life and likes and all that..not everyone would consider it fun.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2003 12:25 pm
Hi, Jim, and welcome to A2K. Wouldn't expect too much skiing and walking in the woods in the Persian Gulf, though! Confused

Gezzy, In Oz, it's not the size of the spider you should worry about. The really big ones are (almost) (reasonably) (sort of) harmless. Some of the middle sized ones (your large) can be deadly, or at least make you really sick if they bite you Shocked

Oh - and for fun I play tennis. At least they tell me it's supposed to be fun!
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/19/2024 at 08:14:17