Ex still hasn’t apologized but calls mom everyday

Reply Wed 10 Feb, 2021 09:41 am
My ex boyfriend and I broke up last month caused by a really huge fight over something he said over social media , I confronted him about his post he begin to grow angry and yell I’m not his mother he can post what he wants , I started yelling back he became angry and walked up to me and Begin choking me. Someone must have overheard and the police were called , he tried to take back my Rolex watch he bought me two days before , he also ended up getting arrested because their were clear signs that he had put his hands on me , 3 days after he came home from jail he contacted me and begin to cause an argument over text about a guy I know from school , who’s just a friend I replied back being stupid giving into his argument and he stopped responding , I haven’t heard from him since which has been 3 weeks ago , we’ve been together for six years , I’m just really hurt that he wouldn’t even at least apologize for how he treated me , since then he has deleted social media , two weeks ago he moved into his new apartment and he called my mom to let her know which is strange because we haven’t talked since , I Haven’t told my mom what exactly happened , he keeps inviting my brothers over to his new place, I don’t understand why he’s trying to be close with my family after what he’s done. im completely done with him I feel as if he’s playing mind games and i want nothing to do with him, why does he still try to be close with my family after he hurt me

engineer

Reply Wed 10 Feb, 2021 09:46 am
@Glowprincess,
It seems like he is trying to control the narrative. I suggest you at least inform your family that he assaulted you and was arrested even if you don't go into detail.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Wed 10 Feb, 2021 10:19 am
@Glowprincess,
Be glad he's not contacting you. He choked you. Police were called. He was was put in jail over it . I don't know why he is out of jail for attempted strangulation.

Tell your mother exactly what happened, and ask her to block him.

As far as your brothers tell them too. Also tell them not to retaliate against him. Not out of caring, but not to create more drama, and get them in trouble.

However, you ultimately have no control over what they do.

Everyone should know this man attempted murder on you. He needs to be 100% out of your lives.

You're free to do whatever you want, and I need no response about my advice. I sincerely don't need or desire to hear any and all "buts", changes and additions to your story, or any of that ****.

Again, you should be happy, not hurt, he's not contacted you.
jespah

Reply Wed 10 Feb, 2021 12:45 pm
@chai2,
Also sounds like he's deep in the apology portion of abuse. Which is never an apology, not really - rather, it's a play to get the victim to keep hanging on. This is about the time when the abuser gets affection, generous, etc., particularly in front of other people. Absolutely controlling the narrative.

"How could you ever say such a nice person is hitting you? You must be mistaken." Etc.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Wed 10 Feb, 2021 03:19 pm
@Glowprincess,
Tell your family at once what he did and show them the police report. This is serious physical abuse and neither your mother nor your brother have any business of being friends with him.

You should get a restraining order against him and make sure he's not contacting you or your family ever again.
glitterbag

Reply Thu 11 Feb, 2021 02:24 pm
@CalamityJane,
What Calamity Jane said.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Ex still hasn’t apologized but calls mom everyday
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 12:48:38