6

Liberal anger... a tale of two threads.

Reply Sun 24 Jan, 2021 03:19 pm
Consider the following two recent threads.

1) A thread about "Hillary Clinton's jealousy ... " started by a conservative poster.
2) A thread that asks "How Stupid is Trump... " started by a liberal poster.

The first thread turned caused outrage, attacks and personal insults all coming from the left. There were big red letters and Nazis and yelling.

The second thread was pretty much ignored by anyone who doesn't consider themselves a liberal. There was large agreement, a few non-threatening articles and a good pleasant time was had by all before everyone got bored and moved on.

There is a lesson here... if a thread offends you, and you don't want to discuss the topic, you can just not respond. In this case the thread will soon fade away.

I don't mind arguing with the angry liberal horde (if I didn't enjoy it, I wouldn't keep poking at them). But they don't seem to be having a good time and the topic that offends them so much (now at 5 pages) keeps getting bumped up to the top of the read list.

I post this because it amuses me, but there is a point to be made.

Sturgis

-4  
Reply Sun 24 Jan, 2021 05:30 pm
@maxdancona,
When citing other threads, a common courtesy is to supply a link to redirect the reader to any and all links mentioned.

Regarding the Hillary Clinton jealousy of Kamala Harris, started by JGoldman10, your reference to him as 'conservative' is puzzling. Until recently, he has not been politically attuned. His interests in the political arena, have leaned liberalish more than anything else. Don't get caught up in the falsehood that all religion spouters are conservatives.

In the thread about Trump being a mighty bit dim, ...

...um, what was your point again?

At any rate, threads take a life of their own once begun. Political leanings are not always a reason for quick demise or for unending blood and oxygen input.

As to whether participants are enjoying particular threads, it would seem that something draws them back repeatedly, even if you are under the impression that they are miserable going there.
Below viewing threshold (view)
Real Music

-4  
Reply Sun 24 Jan, 2021 10:51 pm
@Sturgis,
Regarding the Hillary Clinton jealousy of Kamala Harris, started by JGoldman10, Max reference to him as 'conservative' is puzzling. Until recently, he has not been politically attuned. His interests in the political arena, have leaned liberalish more than anything else.

That is my assessment of JGoldman10 as well.

Real Music

-4  
Reply Sun 24 Jan, 2021 11:03 pm
@maxdancona,

1. First, I'm not angry at all.

2. Second, I am definitely having a good time.

3. Oh did I forget to mention that I am a liberal.

2. » Liberal anger... a tale of two threads.