The coming Sh** show in Congress (pass the popcorn)

Reply Sat 26 Dec, 2020 08:30 pm
On Friday, Pence will wield the gavel before a joint session of Congress as the final step in electing Biden to his term in the White House. This could be fun!

I want what Trump wants... That every Republican representative and sentir be forced to vote in a last act of fealty to the Lord President. Let them be on record as bending the knee one last time.

Mcconnell wants this to go away quickly and to prevent the spectacle of Republican equivalent of the siege at Waco.

I want to be entertained as Republicans tear into each other before they accept their undognified defeat.. Let's hope I am not disappointed.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 260 • Replies: 3
No top replies

maxdancona

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2020 04:50 pm
@maxdancona,
I have been thinking about what might happen. These are my guesses from most likely to least likely.

1. A handful of Representatives challenge 6 or 7 swing states. No Republican takes the bait as Mcconnell exerts control over his caucus. There is some whining a d ranting from Representatives, Trump attacks the cowardly Senators on twitter. I end up disappointed.

2. One or two Republican Senators decide to take the bait. There is shouting and yelling and a grand spectacle. The measure loses in both houses. Trump attacks everyone on twitter. I am entertained.

3. A Democratic Senator decides to challenge the election results in one state (i.e. Nevada) just to **** with the Republicans who really don't want to vote on the record on this shitstorm. There is lots of yelling. Trump attacks everyone on twitter. I am even more entertained.

4. There is a real Republican revolt with a majority of Republican Senators on board. The country is further damaged. I am upset. The house will vote down the rebellion. This is unlikely... but is the worst case for the country.
BillRM

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2020 06:59 pm
@maxdancona,
What get me is Roman senators used to take part in fighting and dying in their wars and our senators will not even risk not being reelected to honor their oaths to the nation.

Hell I read that there is only a very few children of our congressperson who are in the military unlike in WW2 for example.

0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Wed 30 Dec, 2020 01:16 pm
https://dynaimage.cdn.cnn.com/cnn/c_fill,g_auto,w_1200,h_675,ar_16:9/https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.cnn.com%2Fcnnnext%2Fdam%2Fassets%2F200518124535-02-sen-josh-hawley-0512.jpg

It's on!!! Senator Josh Hawley (R - MO) has decided to take the bait. He is going to force every Republican in both houses of Congress to take this uncomfortable vote.

The Democrats are happier about this than most Republicans are (although neither side will show it).
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » The coming Sh** show in Congress (pass the popcorn)
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 01:05:03