Is this a sign that a shy girl likes you?

Reply Fri 18 Dec, 2020 02:45 am
So let me just say I’m not very close to this girl, I see her on special occasions. But she randomly started texting me one day about school and random things, and was always the first to initiate conversations and also sends me snaps first. Right now our friendship is just sending each other funny memes and videos and that’s about it. She always complements my photos (particularly of me) there’s sort of a weird friendly flirty thing going on between us (“straight” girls flirt with each other all the time, right?) but I can’t explain it and I don’t want to look too into it (but here I am anyway lol). She went over to her native country last summer and brought me back a gift (a necklace) it was simple but like...we aren’t exactly close enough for her to have brought me a gift. So I was a bit stunned. It was very thoughtful, but made me feel kinda bad that I’ve never gotten anything for her. We both come from extremely conservative households so it would be suicide to ever reveal anything to her and her vice-versa. When I’ve talked about guys before she’s always just kinda talking about how annoying or gross they are, but at the same time that could just be typical girl behavior right? But like...we’re in our early twenties so I think the “ewww boy” thing should be over by now lol. And also tends to change the subject when guys are mentioned. Do you think it’s possible she may have secret feelings for me? I feel that she does, but I’m not sure. She’s very mysterious & secretive, she doesn’t have social-media other than “secret” accounts where she sends me funny videos and memes.

jespah

Reply Fri 18 Dec, 2020 06:10 am
@Solaugh2423,
She doesn't have a secret or mysterious interest in you.

It's totally freaking obvious from what you've written.

If you want to date her, then ask her for coffee (ask in person). Go and have a lovely time. When it's done (because I realize that the conservative household issue must be dealt with), ask if she thinks it's possible for it to ever be more.

And see what she says.

Make all of this in person. Put 0% of it in writing, for your own sakes.

And if you feel that your parents would become violent, then seriously consider your plan for leaving the household. That may mean education, getting a job, military service, etc. And that plan could take years. Of course you wouldn't write this down, either.

But if you are gay or bi and you feel that your home would be unsafe if you were to come out, then it's in your own best interest to work toward an exit strategy.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2021 06:12 am
Please stop making duplicates of this topic. The answer is not going to change.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Is this a sign that a shy girl likes you?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/18/2024 at 10:35:56