The villain loses to the white lotus - My lockdown story

Reply Wed 2 Dec, 2020 08:07 am
I am 23, my sister is 25. I have always had a bad temper and I find it hard to control my emotions. I get frustrated and cry. I get panic attacks and suffer from really bad anxiety. My sister is 'normal', my family claim that 'I'm not like normal people', I haven't been tested for any learning disorders but I am Dyslexic and have Dyspraxia, on my assessment from college it was suggested I get tested for Autism but this never happened.
So my main story and question will sound really weird and you'll probably think that I'm making things up. The funny thing about this is that it was my mothers idea. Remember both me and my sister are 23 and 25. We do not get along.
My sister is the type of person who is good at riling people up behind my parents back. She has always blamed me for anything that goes wrong or placed blame on me. She and her friend broke an iPod docking station when we stayed in a caravan, that was placed on me when I wasn't even near them and I was punished. My mother would tell her to let me play with her when we were children (I loved my sister and would want to follow her everywhere), It was easier for her if my sister looked after me and took me with her when she went out to play.
Following my sister wasn't easy. She would run away, play pranks such as braking in when I was using the toilet and videoing me while her friends laughed behind her (i was about 6), mocking me and calling me names and belittling me whenever she could. She would exclude me when playing with her friends and always went back to tell my mom that I was bullying her friends or did something wrong when I went back crying. This would always be believed because she said it and she was a reasonable child that didn't do anything wrong and went out of her way to look after her sister.
Like I said, I'm not entirely normal and get would as a child, cry and scream and get angry when I felt wronged. My parents couldn't cope. Because I would scream and cry they would give in or compromise so I grew with this behaviour, if I screamed and cried they would at least listen to what I have to say. This behaviour is hard to get rid of. I don't scream now, but my anger has gotten worse and I stand up for myself a lot more against my sister. I am temperamental, I get so riled up that panic attacks are common for me. It's like my anger and stuffiness builds up and my chest tightens so I can't breathe. I have a bad temper and will shout but I'm not violent, I can yell and get angry but I know not to raise my hand against anyone.
My sister hit me over the head with a small wooden desk chair (not hospital worthy but I had a headache after) when I was in school, I only pushed her once is stood back up but I got the blame. I knew that violence would only leave me punished after that incident when I was a child.
I wasn't innocent in this, I did act up a lot of the time. I wasn't a good kid.
As I grew up I carried with me the 'bad child' card. My sister could do very little wrong in my mothers eyes. My dad doesn't parent. He drinks and says very little. He was in the pub throughout my childhood and only ever raised his hand or yelled when my mother told him to control me. I was scared of my farther when I was little. I want to clarify that he wasn't abusive, he would smack me only once in a blue moon really (parents could and it wasn't frowned upon)
It's got to the point in 2020 lockdown where we have been locked in the house since march. My sister will now openly say whatever negative things she wants about me, she can curse at me, call me useless for not having a job. I quit because my mom and dad are 'vulnerable' and she felt uncomfortable with us working outside. I wanted to leave the job anyway, it wasn't a good job and they were pushing overtime on me non stop. I would be called in at random times to work. Another thing about me is that I have a really hard time saying no to people, this makes me anxious as well, I don't know why. So work wasn't fun.
I asked if my mother would be comfortable with me finding work now and she told me that she wasn't while I was living with them and they hadn't had the vaccine. I don't have a lot of money and will struggle to rent a place at the moment. (I am looking for work and a house now because I don't feel comfortable at home anymore). My sister luckily can work from home. This is another important fact.

So my issue is that my sister and I have been clashing. She has kept hurling insults and I would get angry and tell her to stop. She threated to video me and told me that she has been sharing all the videos of my so called 'episodes' to her friends. She says she has one particular friend who has a brother like me who is 'the same'. They apparently share videos and she claimed to have shared them to her friend groups on snapchat and through messaging as well. I have no proof but this has been making me stressed and uncomfortable for a while. During arguments she would often hold her phone up and say things like she was going to show my friends or send it to my workplace. When I was having a panic attack she kept using her phone camera to point it at me. This has caused me to became sensitive and uncomfortable when her phone is pointed at me.
When we are in the same room at home, other than the insults and down talking, she will also point her phone camera at me wherever I move or turn too. If I block her from my vison she will hold her phone higher. This sounds petty but it's an unbelievably uncomfortable and stressful thing for me. During all of this I at first did what I always do when I lose my emotions and yelled and cried in frustration. I defended myself and spoke back to her, insult for insult. I asked my mother to reason with her and get her to stop when she kept getting more out of control. This is because she openly does these things but I am not allowed to open my mouth and say anything hurtful to her without my mother backing her up and yelling at me to shut up. The blame is all on me.
I've been more distant and closed off with my family. I'll stay out of the way and will sit in the living room and avoid the kitchen. My dad drinks excessively, my mother has to sit with him and cook while he drinks. He is controlling over her, she has to sit down at said times and get a drink when he says (she dinks alcohol free now because her kidneys are bad). My sister will help my mother cook their food (she is vegan and my mother eats a lot of vegetables), only on her day off though. My mom runs around taking drinks and food upstairs like a servant when she is working.
We don't eat together as a family. My sister will eat once she finishes work and I will often eat in the kitchen at 6 when they have all finished. I do the dishes after they eat everyday even though I haven't eaten and I will often have simple meals I can prepare myself (I'm not trusted to cook because I'm apparently messy). If my mother cooks anything for me she will leave it for me to heat up.
On a rare occasion I will eat in the living room if my dad drinks for a long time and I can't wait. I don't eat breakfast, I don't like going into the kitchen to make food because it's small cramped and they cook their breakfasts and by the time I get the chance for them to leave (except my dad who is in the kitchen all day), it is already about 12 and they start cooking again about 2 o'clock after they are dressed. my dad pulls a chair to the counter near the tv and the work surface is blocked by then.
My mom decided to cook a burger for me the other day. This is obviously too messy to eat in the living room and it wasn't time for them to eat yet. I was hungry really early so I said I would eat it once it was ready. My sister had been in the kitchen cooking her dinner and she left to go upstairs for some reason, it was her day off.
I wasn't in the kitchen until she shouted that the food was ready. My sister was moaning about why I could eat in the living room before this so my mother put the food on a place in the table expecting me to sit in there. She put it in the chair on the end of the table farthest from my dad. I asked if I could sit there and she said 'if you have to' and I said I would be quick and would finish before they had their food. They were waiting for my dad to finish his dinner and his rice to finish cooking.
I sat down and had just picked up the food when my sister comes downstairs cursing at me for taking her seat. I repeated that my mother had put the plate there and told me I could sit. I would be quick. She took the seat next to me and was yelling in my face that I should eat faster and why aren't you eating. she was hurling insults at me and I was panicked and stressed and couldn't eat properly. She then took her phone and pointed the camera directly at me. I got up in a rush complaining that I was uncomfortable and would eat in the living room. I didn't say much against her while I was trying to eat because my mother was there and she would tell me off if I did or say that I was causing arguments. She has constantly told me that I was petty and unreasonable because I kept telling her that the phone was making me uncomfortable. She said she sits next to her at night and could see the screen and she wasn't doing anything wrong.
During my dash out of the kitchen with my plate my sister stood up to take the seat I left. She crossed in front of my path and blocked my way in the process, I avoided her but in anger pushed past her. This made my mother mad. She chased me into the living room yelling how violent I was and started treating me like I was the only one in the wrong. I took her seat and she had a right to yell at me. I got into an argument with her, I said that she said that I could sit there. Her response was that she didn't think I would. She expected me to take the initiative to sit next to my dad. I'm not a mind reader. The seat that no one will sit in because he coughs, sneezes and spits food at you. It is literally a slash zone.
It was tense and we were in constant arguments for the next couple of days, my sister kept bringing up that they should kick me out. She keeps calling me a sponge and saying that I was living in their home and doing nothing. I do jobs such as bins and the dishes daily, I take the dog out at night for a wee and brush her teeth when told to - I'm not completely idle just isolated from them. My mother has been yelling about how I'm not a 'team player' and basically backed up everything my sister says. It got to the point where my mother told me in an argument to move out because she couldn't cope anymore. I applied for houses immediately and have been looking for work.
I told her that if that is how she wants to be then I don't see a relationship with her working and if she makes the choice of choosing my sister then I will cut ties with her and the family. I've simply had enough. This must have shocked some maternal instinct back into her because she apologised and said that she didn't want me to leave and wants to live together. I told her I would try and be calmer and talk to her more.
My savings are being eaten at a fast rate with not working and she told me that my family could not help to fund me to move to a house share. Knowing that she said this once, I know that she will tell me to go again at some point. This is true because she listens to my sister and she is adamant she doesn't want to live with me. It will be likely that I won't have enough money at that time, I'll be stuck in a bad situation. This is why I am still looking for a place to rent and work while I can, even though she told me to stay.
Yesterday morning she woke up (after many conversations with my sister) with an idea to 'keep us together', she said the reason we have the issues because of the living room.
I say in there most of the time. I have a very small cluttered box room, my sister has the bigger room, it is the same size as the master bedroom. The living room is a space I feel comfortable and safe. The plan she came in with was that me and my sister should be kept apart. She has been speaking to my sister on her walks and often the ideas she has are for my sisters benefit. The plan is that the living room will need to be restricted. This is childish and it sounds ridiculous to even say it.
My sister and mother walk the dog at 7 before she starts work because she wants the fresh air. The time for my sister is 7-11 am. They will have the living room to watch tv, have a comfortably long breakfast and chill with a few cups of tea before they get ready around 11. I get the day from 11-5.25, this is when they usually would not be in the living room anyway, my mother is kitchen bound and my sister works in her room while being waited on. I don't normally stay in the room during this time, I get ready after them, and normally only get into the living room at about half 2.
5.25 is the time she finishes work and wants the living room to exercise. I am then on banned from the living room until 8:30. 5.25-8:30pm. Her bedtime. She sleeps early, goes upstairs to lay in her bed and play on her phone. This time slot is entirely beneficial to her, it was literally planned to her schedule. She gets to have a leisurely exercise, have her dinner in the kitchen while talking to our mother who will keep her company and return to enjoy her evening, play with her phone or watch videos on it while my mother watches TV. When she goes to bed I am finally allowed back in. I stay up late because it's quite. Night-time is my favourite time of the day, I don't have to be around anyone and I'm not on edge.
When my mom first sat down to talk with me about this plan I told her that I wasn't happy because it only catered to my sister. I like to settle at night and read on my laptop or watch dramas. I get comfortable in the evening in the living room, my room is cold and drafty and my bed is really uncomfortable because the mattress needs replacing (i have no money to spare to do so) but it's the only place to sit. I asked if it could be made to 8 o'clock at the latest but I was flatly refused.
My sister does not want me around her. She will not 'suffer' my presence for even half and hour. She plans to fully take advantage of my mothers plan which benefits her only. I told my mother I would not bother her and sit quietly, I even said I would buy a screen so she doesn't have to look at me if my face affected her that much. That was refused without a second of thought; I really wanted to feel like an empress behind a screen so a little annoyed with that XD. I don't like her face very much either
I somehow got the bad, violent and inconsiderate child card thrown at me. She told me that because of my behaviour over the years she understands why my sister wouldn't want me around and if I want to live here I should abide by those rules as they are the only way. My sister has the right to kick me out of the room whenever she wants. She wants to exercise during my time slot and I have to leave when she clicks her fingers. Even if she isn't in there and leaves earlier to get ready, she has told my mother that 'she has to abide strictly to the times' she said that I wasn't allowed in even if she left the living room half an hour early like she did this morning.
I feel like she is walking all over me but I can't even speak up. I spoke to my mother about how I feel that it is completely benefiting my sister and feels unfair but she says that because she works while I don't. She's treating me like a past offender who she is so graciously letting live in her home. She keeps talking about the past and how I treated my sister. How if anyone has to leave she would prefer it to be me because I wasn't a nice, respectable, perfect child like my sister even when she left for uni and I was living with her and my dad. She says that I have to do this for her sake and if I don't do this for her I don't love her and she doesn't see how else I can live at home.

I don't want to cut ties with her and I care about her but I can't keep listening to all of the self righteous BS that comes out of her mouth regarding my ever so perfect sister. I'm being walked all over by her and because of my past as the 'not normal, uncontrollable, "violent" child' I have no hope of redemption or even the slightest consideration.
I don't want to move out in the pandemic, if something happens and she got sick and I couldn't go home I would hate it. I also can't afford to stay and use my savings, I can barley afford to live now but later once I have less she could listen to my sisters persuasions and tell me to leave like she did this time. My sister is also saying I should pay a lot more to stay home because she does (disregarding the fact she has income).

If this was you, what would you do? Do you think I'm unreasonable?

jespah

Reply Wed 2 Dec, 2020 03:52 pm
@Zhenniao,
Why wouldn't you want to cut ties with such a nasty, controlling, abusive bitch?

In the meantime, try to find work online, even if it's not for a lot of money. It'll help your self-esteem to be making something instead of just cooling your heels and avoiding family landmines.

This situation will change at some point, and you can be out of there. So start working toward that, even in the smallest way, if you can.

And if you think you're mother is being treated like a servant, there is nothing stopping you from getting up and helping her, now, is there?

Oh and the room thing? Let it go. You're not children anymore. In the grand scheme of things, and considering all the other **** you're dealing with right now, it's really nothing.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » The villain loses to the white lotus - My lockdown story
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/23/2024 at 03:08:07