grey hairs 21 yo

guyg1

Reply Tue 1 Dec, 2020 08:43 am
hey im 21 years old and I have a many white hairs. and I want to dye them alone at home and I dont know how and what color I need to use. I have black hair, should I dye all my head or just the area of the white hair? and if after I dye my hair the color wasnt seem natural and people see change what I would need to do and how prevent that? and if there something else that i can do to make the white hairs black again? thank you.

View best answer, chosen by guyg1
maxdancona
  Selected Answer

Reply Tue 1 Dec, 2020 10:15 am
@guyg1,
If you are really wopried about not being noticed... I would do to a hair salon. If you do it yourself, it might take some practice.

Do you have to be so worried? I don't think anyone else is worried about your hair. Is there a way you can either just let it be, or just not caring what other people think. If I were going to dye my hair, I would do something radical.... Either blonde, or fire engine red. This would let people know you are in charge
izzythepush

Reply Tue 1 Dec, 2020 10:17 am
@guyg1,
There’s loads of preparations on the market. It all depends on what you want, if you want a sudden change go for a dye, if you want something more gradual there are treatments for grey hair.

Talk to your barber or hairdresser, someone professional.

At least you’re not bald. My brother went bald when he was seventeen.
guyg1

Reply Tue 1 Dec, 2020 10:34 am
@maxdancona,
people dont tell me nothing about that, just a few and when they talk with me about it I get very nervous. i just hate it. I dont want to see that white hairs, i have black hair and I want that all my head will be black. and Im shy to go to the barber about it so i want to to this myself. how can i do this? another problem, that my hair is very short in the sides and back (0.8MM) and the upper part is little bit longer. so im afraid that if I dye the hair i have leftovers of black color in my scalp
maxdancona

Reply Tue 1 Dec, 2020 10:43 am
@guyg1,
My daughter dyes her own hair. It took a while for her to get it right. It still looks better when she has it professionally done. When the salon does it, they have a set of tricks to make it look natural.

Do you have some period of time to experiment where you can stay away from people if it doesn't look right?

( One of the secrets of having a happy life is learning not to give a ****... I know this isn't what you are looking for, but I am just a troll so take it for what it's worth).

0 Replies

guyg1

Reply Tue 1 Dec, 2020 10:48 am
@izzythepush,
people dont tell me nothing about that, just a few and when they talk with me about it I get very nervous. i just hate it. I dont want to see that white hairs, i have black hair and I want that all my head will be black. and Im shy to go to the barber about it so i want to to this myself. how can i do this? another problem, that my hair is very short in the sides and back (0.8MM) and the upper part is little bit longer. so im afraid that if I dye the hair i have leftovers of black color in my scalp..
izzythepush

Reply Tue 1 Dec, 2020 10:49 am
@guyg1,
I think you should try a grey treatment, it will gradually make your hair darker over time, it won’t be as noticeable. Once it’s as dark as it gets you can dye it then if you want it any darker.

I know how you look is important to how you feel, but you’re not the only one, pretty much everyone of your age has some hang up or other, something they’re worried other people will notice, so don’t get too stressed out.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 1 Dec, 2020 11:40 am
@guyg1,
guyg1 wrote:

hey im 21 years old and I have a many white hairs. and I want to dye them alone at home and I dont know how and what color I need to use. I have black hair, should I dye all my head or just the area of the white hair? and if after I dye my hair the color wasnt seem natural and people see change what I would need to do and how prevent that? and if there something else that i can do to make the white hairs black again? thank you.

Some day...quite soon, in fact, you will realize that you work too hard for those grey hairs to ever want to color them.

Until that happens, however, lemme say this:

https://images.foxtv.com/static.fox5ny.com/www.fox5ny.com/content/uploads/2020/11/764/432/rudy6.jpg?ve=1&tl=1
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 1 Dec, 2020 07:34 pm
@guyg1,
My brother went gray young. He's also over 60 now and hasn't lost his hair. So that may be in your future.

Hair dye exists. Do yourself a favor and go to a hairdresser before you do anything. If you're oh so embarrassed to tell your barber (your barber has heard and seen it all, I guarantee it).

Talk to your hairdresser/barber about dyeing your hair. How much it costs, how often you should do it, how to care for your hair (some dyes can be very drying), and how to make it all look natural. You don't have to go to a hairdresser every single time you dye your hair, but it would probably be a good idea to consult with an expert the first time.

Also, talk about allergies. You may not think you have allergies, but you might. Be careful because if you're this way about a few gray hairs, imagine how you'd be if your entire scalp started itching.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 1 Dec, 2020 07:45 pm
@jespah,
I went bald early in my 20s. I accepted it quickly.

I have a gray beard now ... I own it.
0 Replies

Jiggy

Reply Thu 3 Dec, 2020 05:00 pm
@maxdancona,
I liked the first part of your answer. The last part was so funny. It took me by surprise, and cracked me up. lol
Hi, @guyg1 I can well understand your being self, and I know it takes real effort to accept things as they are.
Something I learned, is that we are more concerned about our appearance than other people are. True, they are the obnoxious people who try to make us feel bad about ourselves, but if we ignore them, we will quickly realize that people are more interested in who we are, on the inside.

I knew a 17 year old, whose head of hair, was nearly completely white. Mind you, he wore an afro. He didn't seem to mind, and was always friendly and smiling.
I liked him a lot... for his personality. He was my friend.
I would encourage you to not focus on your hair. It will affect your potential in other areas, which you would do better to focus on.
As for dying your hair, I have heard its not a good idea, because it looks worst later in life. Not to mention, you need to spend money keeping it that shade, because it fades, and the UV rays don't seem to be friendly to those chemicals.
So my advice... Feel good about yourself and focus on others.
All the best.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 3 Dec, 2020 10:10 pm
@guyg1,
I have seen too many people with dark hair who attempted to cover the grey. In many cases, the results scream "phony". Check out some of the guys onTV.

I have medium brown hair, and the top and sides are greying (fast)I will no longer go through the rigamarole of dying my hair. What I WILL do, is use a rinse in a neutral blonde color. It sort of gives me the effect of a frosting, which I find quite likable.
Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 4 Dec, 2020 06:55 am
@Phoenix32890,
Phoenix32890 wrote:

I have seen too many people with dark hair who attempted to cover the grey. In many cases, the results scream "phony". Check out some of the guys onTV.

I have medium brown hair, and the top and sides are greying (fast)I will no longer go through the rigamarole of dying my hair. What I WILL do, is use a rinse in a neutral blonde color. It sort of gives me the effect of a frosting, which I find quite likable.

Yo, B...how ya doone?
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » grey hairs 21 yo
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 10:44:16