In NYC how to ask or hire acquaintance to perform task

Ygge

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2020 11:36 am
Hi

I'm trying to get a small sculpture moved from a storage facility in NYC to a gallery also in NYC
This is my first show with the gallery so I don't feel comfortable asking them.
I've spend about 1 year in NYC but live in scandinavia, so don't know the culture that well.
I have tried asking people I know a little and offered to pay them to do this.

I my mind it's pretty simple. I send the key for the storage unit and then they'll go fetch the sculpture and take a normal uber/taxi to the gallery.. It's not far and the object is not large or heavy. Pretty simple.. Max 1-2 hours work.

I've asked 3 people so far and initially they are all very positive and supportive but as soon as we get into specifics it just dies... like "I'll read your e-mail soon and respond asap", but then nothing..

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, breaking some cultural taboo or asking in the wrong way.. Not saying please enough or too much? I've offered 300$ plus paid expenses, is that way to little?

So far I've tried something like this:

Hi XYZ,

I hope you are doing great and staying healthy!

I am still in ZZZ and not able to get back to nyc at this point. I have a group show at a small gallery in nyc but have a problem to drop off my sculpture (10x10 in').

I am searching for someone who I could send a key and then they'll get the sculpture from the storage unit in X and deliver it to the gallery at Y.

The drop off dates for the work is :
December 3 - 5 , between 1-5 pm.

Please, let me know if you know anybody who would be able to do it ? Whatever the cost might be I am willing to pay.

Please, let me know what you think? And if you have an idea and time, I could call you

Best
Ygge

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 283 • Replies: 3

McGentrix

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2020 11:51 am
Hire a moving company.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2020 01:43 pm
@Ygge,
Try TaskRabbit
0 Replies

Ygge

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2020 01:45 pm
In the end a friend agreed to move it for me! Yay! Just hope the show ISBN closed by covid Surprised
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » In NYC how to ask or hire acquaintance to perform task
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.05 seconds on 04/23/2024 at 05:58:10