THEY** ARE NOT AFRAID OF TRUMP…

oralloy

Tue 10 Nov, 2020 06:09 pm
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:
Just straight up delusional.

Your failure to ever point out anything untrue in my posts speaks for itself.
oralloy

Tue 10 Nov, 2020 06:10 pm
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:
Oralloy has indicated in the past, the recent past, that his only concern is his gun toting rights.

Well perhaps not my only concern. But I'm sure not going to vote for anyone who wants to violate my civil liberties for no reason.

Sturgis wrote:
That seems to be the main concern, often the only concern of millions of Americans. It does strike me as odd though, that they never notice the numbers of children and uninvolved bystanders who are so often "accidentally" shot dead by gun rights twits who are completely ignorant about firearm safety.

Nonsense. Gun rights advocates care a lot about proper gun safety.
0 Replies

farmerman

Tue 10 Nov, 2020 06:16 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:

Your failure to ever point out anything untrue in my posts speaks for itself
See, that proves that you are head high wallowing in delusion. Poor baby.

Sturgis

Tue 10 Nov, 2020 06:22 pm
@oralloy,
It would be harder to locate anything true in any of your wacky posts.
0 Replies

oralloy

Tue 10 Nov, 2020 06:32 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
See, that proves that you are head high wallowing in delusion. Poor baby.

I'll give you that yours and his failure to point out anything untrue in my posts is more a measure of your own lack of ability than a measure of my ability. You two couldn't recognize an untrue statement if it were right in front of you.

But you two aren't the only people on a2k. Note how the people who are actually smart also can't point out anything untrue in my posts.
engineer

Tue 10 Nov, 2020 06:35 pm
@engineer,
This article captures my concerns about the US not really denouncing Trumpism.

Quote:
Joe Biden has defeated Donald Trump. Millions across the country are applauding the downfall of a president who has been mendacious in his public communications, loathsome in his personal conduct, and utterly inept in his handling of a pandemic that has killed 230,000 Americans.

Amid the celebration, however, there should be nagging fear. Biden ran largely on the idea that he will be a return to the normalcy of the Obama years. But if he governs as a “normal” Democrat, it won’t be long before we have to deal with the next Donald Trump.

The real Trump buried himself in blunders and couldn’t deliver on campaign promises to voters. Instead of saving manufacturing jobs and protecting, as he pledged, “the jobs, wages and wellbeing of American workers before any other consideration”, the Trump administration eliminated paid overtime rules, created tax cuts for the rich and lost 740,000 manufacturing positions this year alone.

Yet a different Donald Trump might have handled the coronavirus pandemic competently and launched an ambitious infrastructure and jobs program capable of improving the lives of millions of people. Without actually challenging oligarchs and big business interests, this alternate-reality Trump might have been able to effectively marry economic populism with xenophobia, the same formula that has propelled rightwing authoritarians to power elsewhere in the world. A different Trump might have even managed to win over enough voters who typically vote for Democrats, including black and brown voters, to expand his base into one capable of winning the popular vote.

As bad as the last four years have been, we’ve been lucky to get the actual – bumbling – Trump, as opposed to a more effective politician, an American Narendra Modi or Jair Bolsonaro.
oralloy

Tue 10 Nov, 2020 06:45 pm
@engineer,
engineer wrote:
This article captures my concerns about the US not really denouncing Trumpism.

Nothing horrifies a progressive more than the prospect of people who disagree with him.
0 Replies

farmerman

Tue 10 Nov, 2020 06:45 pm
@oralloy,
youve been unseated so many times its no longer entertaining to read your evidence-free replies. Its always that same ole **** wve come to expect from folks like you and Goldie whove locked yourself into a corner from which you cannot extricate yourslves (unless you can get yourselves loose). B. da Moose
oralloy

Tue 10 Nov, 2020 06:47 pm
@farmerman,
You're lying. You cannot provide links to any such "unseating" (whatever that is supposed to mean).

And unlike you, I will always back my facts with cites upon request.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 05/25/2024 at 12:25:52