Mitt Romney & W Bush say there was no cheating and that the election was fair

Mon 9 Nov, 2020 07:02 am
Well that proves it.

How could anyone possibly question it now?

FreedomEyeLove

Mon 9 Nov, 2020 07:05 am
Oh, also Dick Cheney would reportedly have a position in a Biden administration.

I'm sure that we TOTALLY won't get into any ridiculous wars at taxpayer expense.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Mon 9 Nov, 2020 07:15 am
There is a fairly well-written article on Redstate.com right now, which is an analysis from a conservative viewpoint on why Trump lost. He talks about some important things that a candidate can do differently go get more votes... if you want conservatives to win elections learning from Trump's mistakes is a pretty good thing to do.

I would suggest you read it.

This is by a clearly conservative guy (he is a regular contributor to Redstate with solid "patriot" credentials). And this guy is clearly intelligent and logical.

What is most interesting are the comments. The far right is so focused on conspiracy theories and this idea that is was stolen, that they are attacking the messenger.

I suppose I am happy about this. If the far right gets the idea that elections no longer matter, they will be less likely to vote... and less likely to learn the lessons from their losses so they can improve their message.

Yes... THE ELECTION WAS STOLEN!!! Keep repeating this over and over.
FreedomEyeLove

Mon 9 Nov, 2020 07:29 am
@maxdancona,
W and Mitt Romney said the election was fair max, why would I question that?

Aren't you excited for Cheney and the neo-cons, Max?

Aren't you excited for endless foreign wars?

Are you excited for the media being allowed to decide what people are allowed to think?

Watch this Max, it's only 3 minutes long.

Why Donald Trump Deserved to Lose

maxdancona

Mon 9 Nov, 2020 07:36 am
@FreedomEyeLove,
Ok. I watched it.

That was a waste of time.
FreedomEyeLove

Mon 9 Nov, 2020 07:39 am
@maxdancona,
Did you turn on the closed captioning so that you could understand the big words?
oralloy

Mon 9 Nov, 2020 08:04 am
@FreedomEyeLove,
Max seldom accepts facts and reality, but his brain does function well. He does understand the facts that he refuses to accept.
0 Replies

hightor

Mon 9 Nov, 2020 09:09 am
@FreedomEyeLove,
Quote:
Oh, also Dick Cheney would reportedly have a position in a Biden administration.

A credible source for this piece of information would be appreciated.
Quote:
W and Mitt Romney said the election was fair...

Okay, and a few other Republicans have said similar things. The election was close and votes are still being certified. The Republicans have the right to ask for recounts in some states and irregularities are normally investigated by election officials if there are discrepancies. But most of the GOP is still taking its cues from Trump and screaming "fraud!" A similar thing happened with the investigation into the phone call to Zelensky — initially there were Republicans who thought Trump had done something wrong but when Trump insisted on his innocence they fell into line and fashioned an narrative which attempted to give him cover.
Quote:
Aren't you excited for Cheney and the neo-cons...

There's a gap in this line of reasoning — just because GWB and Romney say the election was fair, that doesn't mean that neo-cons will control the foreign policy of a Biden administration.
Quote:
Are you excited for the media being allowed to decide what people are allowed to think?

There are multiple media sources available to people and we are free to choose from among many outlets. If we don't care for the editorial policy or political slant of one source we are free to choose another. I don't see that there's any way for the media to "decide what people are allowed to think" as they can simply access another website, channel, or newspaper.

farmerman

Mon 9 Nov, 2020 11:30 am
@hightor,
Lovey has always attempted to "link up" improbable options.
Like the quartet by PDQ Bach, entitled "A quartet for unfriendly instruments
(consisted of a tuba, accordion, jews harp, and a boombass)
hightor

Mon 9 Nov, 2020 11:48 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
Lovey has always attempted to "link up" improbable options.

He/She/It also tries to control the discussion by spewing some improbable hypothesis, then condensing it and demanding a "yes or no" assessment of its truth value while separating the question from its original context.

(I really appreciate the Peter Schickle reference — amazingly, he's still alive!)
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Mitt Romney & W Bush say there was no cheating and that the election was fair
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/29/2024 at 02:39:36