THE DEMOCRATS MAY HAVE CHEATED!

farmerman

Reply Sun 8 Nov, 2020 06:22 am
@Frank Apisa,
yeh but dont do it in a mixed audience. I asked my wife about what Glitterbag had sorta said , that "it (hardy hole) , was something rude".
My wife agreed because of all my years as a proud listener to Howard Stern and my willingness to "SHARE" the urban phraseology that I acquired thereon. My wife said that 90% of the time the things I got from Stern were downright "dirty".
So, I guess the rules of vocabulary acquired through reading is much better than that acquired through the spoken word. I dont know, BUT HARDY HOLE is and old term that Ive been acquainted with since I was turned loose by my dad onto an old anvil he got from a railroad machine shop auction.
I still have that anvil and I use it for making knives out of vehicular leaf springs.

SO a hearty "Hidy HO" re my HARDY HOLE to everyone who needs to know.
farmerman

Reply Sun 8 Nov, 2020 06:23 am
@Frank Apisa,
anvils dont break, theyre more like carbon steel railroad tracking
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 8 Nov, 2020 06:54 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

yeh but dont do it in a mixed audience. I asked my wife about what Glitterbag had sorta said , that "it (hardy hole) , was something rude".
My wife agreed because of all my years as a proud listener to Howard Stern and my willingness to "SHARE" the urban phraseology that I acquired thereon. My wife said that 90% of the time the things I got from Stern were downright "dirty".
So, I guess the rules of vocabulary acquired through reading is much better than that acquired through the spoken word. I dont know, BUT HARDY HOLE is and old term that Ive been acquainted with since I was turned loose by my dad onto an old anvil he got from a railroad machine shop auction.
I still have that anvil and I use it for making knives out of vehicular leaf springs.

SO a hearty "Hidy HO" re my HARDY HOLE to everyone who needs to know.

Ain't nobody I know who hears me talk about a "Hardy hole" and an anvil that's gonna figure it to be anything but dirty sex talk. They are not going to be waiting for further explanation...but rather, for a punchline.

I do have to acknowledge that the picture you posted of an anvil...is a great sign of strength and endurability. An anvil is a tough SOB.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 8 Nov, 2020 07:05 am
@farmerman,
I’m glad that little mystery has been solved.
farmerman

Reply Sun 8 Nov, 2020 07:11 am
@izzythepush,
I think that, outside of Philbis, and tsar weve all lost our love of levity these last few months. I know I have. Im trying to return to my normal patois , where all I do is bore the **** out of people by talking about evolution and gardening
izzythepush

Reply Sun 8 Nov, 2020 07:32 am
@farmerman,
When Mr Goldman left the love of Leviticus went with him.

I talk about gardening on the patio too, beats doing it.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 8 Nov, 2020 08:58 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

When Mr Goldman left the love of Leviticus went with him.

I talk about gardening on the patio too, beats doing it.

Yeah!

Cousin to "oral sex"...which has changed from its original meaning to "talking about it."
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sun 8 Nov, 2020 10:09 am
@farmerman,
Sorry farmerman, I was having a little fun at your expense.........I have been giddy since the election was finally settled.......I thought you knew I was making a joke (it fell flat) .... I regret that what I said made the men on the forum uncomfortable......I honestly didn't think you were being salacious, sorry for the poorly timed comment.

Anybody up for a good snipe hunt tonight Embarrassed
farmerman

Reply Sun 8 Nov, 2020 10:13 am
@glitterbag,
so who was getting ferhootzed?? Everyone on this thred is appearing relieved, content with Sunday Bekrss, and Happy at the elections outcome.

As I said yesterday

A WIN IS A WIN!!!.

Biden won by a similar plurality as Trump in 2016, yet Biden scored the hugest amount of +Biden votes of ANY presidential election in the US history
glitterbag

Reply Sun 8 Nov, 2020 10:21 am
@farmerman,
I'm looking forward to people not having to hire body guards to protect themselves from the lunatics who hang on every hateful smear from fearless leader. Trump is a damaged man, who apparently never really got the hang of being a man.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Fri 13 Nov, 2020 12:29 am
@farmerman,
One other comment. I don't think even the democrats thought that Joe would be the candidate........but he was head and shoulders better choice than that make-up wearing flamboyant fabulist with the wrinkled clothes, unpolished shoes, and outrageous hairstyle. Biden is solid, he understands governing, and there is ton of promising young people coming up behind him. I really don't want them to canabalize Congress and remove too many talented elected officials (don't laugh)........there are many bright people that would be wonderful as cabinet secretaries. It would be too wonderful to see Sally Yates as Atty General.

0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Fri 13 Nov, 2020 12:55 am
I thought I'd share this:

Verdi's Anvil Chorus' from Trovatore (The Royal Opera)

https://youtu.be/-8aHsJdMEMY
0 Replies

longly1

Reply Fri 13 Nov, 2020 10:10 am
@farmerman,
"I use it to make frog gigs which are like a small iron "forks" the tines of which are sharpened into points and it's mounted in a spear for catching bullfrogs for their legs. "

So you like to work with metal? To some people, that might be a boring subject, but not me. Have you ever made any working parts for a machine? For example, have you ever made a frog grabber? I have made some minor parts for my auto and gun that worked. There are two things I want to build before I die, but they are both major projects, and I may never have the time. One is an ultra-light aircraft, and the other is a gun to be precise, an automatic handgun. I know that both are possible because the first aircraft were built by individuals with only mechanical kills and were built in barns, and the first guns made in this country were made in a blacksmiths shop.
farmerman

Reply Fri 13 Nov, 2020 10:16 am
@longly1,
yeh. some of the best rifles were made with all kinds of non uniform calibers, and were ma right here in Lancaster County.

What is a frog catcher?? how does one work?

Ive never done machinery construction. I have done metal repair and body wrk using welding and working a wee bit with lead (Pb).

I do make various camp knives out of springs and old files. Im more an applied artist with micarta and colored woods and brass .

glitterbag

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2020 12:42 pm
@farmerman,
I think a frog catcher is a long pole with several sharpened points (kind of like a fork) used to hunt frogs.

That device creeps me out.
Sturgis

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2020 04:26 pm
@glitterbag,
Isn't that also a spouse poker? (for when they're sick and you want to get their attention)
glitterbag

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2020 04:31 pm
@Sturgis,
Yikes!!!!
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2020 04:50 pm
@glitterbag,
thats a "frog gig" I make those from mild steel leaf springs on my handy anvil after major heating.
He was talking about a "machine" not a spike tool, I believe
glitterbag

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2020 04:58 pm
@farmerman,
That's the term I was trying to remember. Thank you.

"I don't know nothing bout no machinery" Brother Dave Gardner
0 Replies

longly1

Reply Sun 15 Nov, 2020 09:44 am
A frog grabber is a simple machine, a device, used to catch frogs without seriously injuring them. it consists of a pair of jaws that looks something like two hands mounted opposite of each other and is powered by a spring and activated by a trigger positioned between the two hands. The device is mounted on a pole and operated similar to a steal trap except that the springs are not that strong. When the device is jammed against a frog that trippers the device and the grabbers securely lock around the frog holding him securely without serious injury.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/25/2024 at 12:26:14