Why is my email bouncing when it shouldn't be?

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2005 08:42 am
I am trying to send an important email to someone in india, and I live in the US. I sent the email from both my yahoo account and my aol account. This person has email accounts on yahoo and on rediff.com, yet when I try both these accounts, I get mailer daemon notices that say user unknown and service unavailable. However, I'm a hundred percent sure that the yahoo address is correct and that the last time I visited this person was very recently and I know his email account was working then. I'm wondering whether this problem could be because of the bad internet connection he has over in India...there are frequent power shortages and the internet goes down a lot. Could this be the reason for my failed email attempts? I'm really anxious about this, and I really need to send this email as quickly as possible, so I'd greatly appreciate any helpful advice. Thank you!!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 430 • Replies: 1
No top replies

fishin

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2005 04:13 pm
It's possible but not likely. Most mail servers will hold mail for at least a full day (many hold it for 48 hours) and attempt to deliver it several times before sending you back a delivery failure notice. Unless his ISPs server is down more than it is up e-mail can usually make it through at some point.
0 Replies