No top replies

maxdancona

Reply Sun 1 Nov, 2020 10:04 am
@tanguatlay,
tanguatlay wrote:

I saw him came.

Is the sentence correct?

Thanks!

No it is not correct. In fact, I am not exactly sure what you intend to say.

I saw that he came. Would imply that you noticed his attendance (at some event).

I saw him come. Would mean that you saw him arrive at some place.

I would prefer "I saw him arrive".
tanguatlay

Reply Sun 1 Nov, 2020 10:51 am
Thanks, maxdancona.

You have answered my questions.
maxdancona

Reply Sun 1 Nov, 2020 10:54 am
@tanguatlay,
I want to point out that the verb "to come" can be used in a sexual way to refer to the act of having an orgasm.

When I read your post... that was my first thought. We sometimes use "I think he came" ... to be a euphemism.
tanguatlay

Reply Sun 1 Nov, 2020 11:03 am
@maxdancona,
Where I live, "I come" means "I arrive" unless there is further context to suggest the sexual meaning.
KaJe

Reply Sun 1 Nov, 2020 11:06 am
@maxdancona,
Hi! Let me join in the conversation. Well, my mohter language isn't English, but I have always been being found some similar sentences in some textes, like "I saw him go," "I saw her depart," "I saw him do that," etc. And when I said some similar sentence to an English person, she protested against it, saying that "-ing" is needed, it can't be omitted. Is it possible that there are parts in the UK when omitting "-ing" in such cases is really unknown? And does it work only with the case of seeing someone and with personal pronoun? I mean if I can say: The people heard Peter shout.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sun 1 Nov, 2020 11:10 am
@tanguatlay,
What phrase would you use to refer to "reaching orgasm" if you were in polite company?
tanguatlay

Reply Sun 1 Nov, 2020 11:39 am
@maxdancona,
Such a matter is taboo. We do not let other people know about that. Only when a couple are engaged in the act do they talk about orgasm.

0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » I saw him came.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 10:03:59