COVID trick or treat

Linkat

Reply Sat 31 Oct, 2020 08:11 pm
Curious did you have trick or treaters ? I had no idea whether we would or not.

We had 3 groups come by . Honestly I had no issue.. I had 3 bags of candy as my daughter recently had this given as a birthday gift but being now on a special diet couldn’t eat them so we had amble candy to give out.

In any case wondering what is going on elsewhere.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 369 • Replies: 8
No top replies

maxdancona

Reply Sat 31 Oct, 2020 09:36 pm
@Linkat,
No one came to my house.

My daughter went out. A lot of people rigged up social distance candy distribution schemes including chutes and bucket on strings. Her personal favorite was a spider on a clothes line that ran back and forth to deliver candy.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 31 Oct, 2020 09:36 pm
@Linkat,
We had lots of kids here tonight. I've never seen so many, but we're in a safe neighborhood, gated, and the kids were eager to go out and have a good time. It's been a tough year for them too and I am glad they enjoyed themselves and it looked like that they got plenty of candy today.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Sat 31 Oct, 2020 11:10 pm
@Linkat,
Around these parts (NYC), the children go to specially marked stores. Stores which participate have a sign in their window/s and give candy or other treats to the youngins.

Nobody bothered here. Poor kids missed out on packets of instant oatmeal packets...apple and cinnamon! I would gladly have given them that.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sun 1 Nov, 2020 07:02 am
That raises an interesting question...

There is no doubt that our overuse of processed sugar, especially in children, is a major health problem. I am not downplaying the risk of COVID... but I do wonder how these two major health risks compare.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Sun 1 Nov, 2020 07:43 am
We had three different groups ... the big difference they were all little kids ... no older or preteens that you often get.

I did not do any social distance candy hand outs just put on a mask and let them take what they wanted from a bowl.

Funny thing I told them them take as much as they wanted ... because I had two other bags that weren’t open yet. The girls said well I’ll take two ... a little while later three boys came up when I told them the same thing they proceeded to take what was left in the bowl.

I got a good chuckle out that!
0 Replies

Joeblow

Reply Sun 1 Nov, 2020 08:59 am
@Linkat,
Not one trick or treater here at all. There wouldn't ordinarily be very many in any case, but this is the first year without a single one.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Sun 1 Nov, 2020 10:18 am
@Linkat,
We had a few, mostly little kids in wagons or strollers. Only one group came to the door. I stood in the yard, said admiring things about the costumes and gave out some candy.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 2 Nov, 2020 03:59 am
@Linkat,
Don’t get that down this way, too studenty.

No trick or treaters but plenty drunken idiots breaking Covid 19 restrictions, running up and down and tipping over bins.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » COVID trick or treat
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/09/2024 at 10:29:51