Borat 2: A discussion with spoilers.

Reply Sat 24 Oct, 2020 10:23 am
Borat 2 is now on Amazon Prime. It is exactly what I expected. It was a mixed bag, some of it missed the mark. There were two scenes that I thought were really effective (and funny).

If you proceed, be warned.... Any further post from me will contain spoilers. If you plan to see the movie, then come back later.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 337 • Replies: 11
No top replies

maxdancona

Reply Sat 24 Oct, 2020 10:29 am
To me the best scene was the pastor at a crisis pregnancy center. The set up was this.

The Kazahk daughter has never tasted a cupcake. She is given a cupcake with a little plastic baby on it. In her enthusiasm she eats the plastic baby. Now she "has baby inside her".

So father and daughter rush to the nearest clinic... which just happens to be a crisis pregnancy center run by a fanatically pro-life Christian pastor.

She explains she "has baby inside her" and wants it out now. The pastor explains that this is part of God's plan and that she shouldn't do anything.

She then says "my father put this baby inside of me" (since the father had given her the cupcake). The pastor continues with his message of "This is God's plan" as the father is there pushing the daughter to "get it out".

It is every bit as awful as you could ever hope for.

I wasn't as impressed with the Giuliani scene that everyone else is talking about.
farmerman

Reply Sat 24 Oct, 2020 10:35 am
@maxdancona,
I thought the First Borat as well as the Bruno Movies were total drek. The comedy was just like "Family Guy " level with an even more gross focus. So I assume this one isnt much more creative.

It was just an hour na half "Polak Joke"

maxdancona

Reply Sat 24 Oct, 2020 10:38 am
@farmerman,
The cleverness (and the sleaziness) of Borat is the cheap joke. These are real actors interacting with real people who are being tricked. They walk into a bakery and ask for a clearly antisemitic message to be written on a cake. The other person is being tricked... their reaction is "authentic" (in an artificial kind of way). It is despicable, and kind of entertaining.

I thought in a few places, the second Borat was better than the first. If you didn't appreciate the first, you probably won't like the second.
farmerman

Reply Sat 24 Oct, 2020 10:48 am
@maxdancona,
probably so. We used to make up high scholol racist humor like much of what Borat I presented.

No nuance, there was little cleverness we all knew that it was a Howard Stern-like reminder that this country isnt like the Crew of the ENterprise, in a big way, I found it sad.

"Throw the Jew Down the well" played in Texas is like listening to pinky or Ollie -go-Lightly pose their own white power tinged posts.
Sturgis

Reply Sat 24 Oct, 2020 09:52 pm
Being into masochistic tendencies for a few hours, I put myself through the movie.

Juvenile humor at its worst.

There was one redeeming character in the film, the woman Borat hires as a baby sitter when he has to go for a job to earn a few dollars. She was able to help both Borat and his daughter become woke.

oralloy

Reply Sat 24 Oct, 2020 11:32 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
like listening to pinky or Ollie-go-Lightly pose their own white power tinged posts.

Your characterization of our posts is a lie.
maxdancona

Reply Sun 25 Oct, 2020 10:24 am
@Sturgis,
I thought the grandmother's hug in the Synagogue was more "redeeming" (if redeeming is what you are looking for).
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 25 Oct, 2020 01:33 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:

Your characterization of our posts is a lie.
Only to you moron, you certainly dont come out as a credible witness of your own mendacity, (My fav Burl Ives line)
maxdancona

Reply Sun 25 Oct, 2020 01:43 pm
Yes, it is juvenile humor.... I don't mind juvenile if it amuses me. Did anyone else appreciate any part of this movie?

Years ago, my teenaged son won some bet... and I offered to take him to any movie he wanted. He choose Jackass 3D (yes, it was the third of the Jackass series). These are movies with no plot... just a bunch of juvenile pranks done by adult males.

For example super-glued a little person (well under 4 feet tall) to a 6 foot 5 380 pound giant. It was brilliantly stupid. And then the thing they did with a porta-potty, a large crane and a giant elastic band (think sling shot).

The joke was that every time I laughed, my teen aged son elbowed me, and I had to deny finding it funny.

Maybe you all are more mature than I am .... but if you can find some enjoyment in life, why not?

Did anyone else find any of this amusing?
farmerman

Reply Sun 25 Oct, 2020 02:09 pm
@maxdancona,
see, I relly like the JAckass moies for the fact that it was a combination of DIY and daredeviltry.
I liked when they created this huge shopping cart and piled in and drove it down a hill in Germantown Pa.

There were so many really gross (puke inducing) skits like the one where one of the maniacs had to drink a shot glass of horse semen.
I was a veterinarians tech when I was in HS and we had to do natural insemnation with cows, and the bulls would be spurting their semen all over as we tried to keep the heifer calm. My job was to hold the heifers head down while the bull raped her but semen was all over evrything. Some of those damn dutch farmers never rusted artificial insemnation. But thats anothr story and This JACKASS guy actually did chug that shotglass. Gags me just to think of it.

0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sun 25 Oct, 2020 06:21 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
Only to you

Wrong. Your statement our posts was a lie in reality.

farmerman wrote:
moron,

You are the only stupid person here. My IQ is 170.

farmerman wrote:
you certainly dont come out as a credible witness of your own mendacity,

Your refusal to accept what your betters tell you leaves you stewing in your own ignorance.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Borat 2: A discussion with spoilers.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/18/2024 at 01:59:21