I could use your help :)

JLG21

Reply Thu 15 Oct, 2020 10:05 am
This is my first time opening up about this and also my first time posting on a forum so this is very strange to me.
I have been friends with these three girls since the beginning of highschool. I was particularly close to one but she moved to a different country which broke my heart. I am now in my senior year in highschool and I have been part of this really big friendgroup (c. 15 people) and I have been helping one of these 3 friends socialize with them because she is very antisocial. I have been doing this for the past three years. She is now starting to get out of her shell and she is getting along really well with the friendgroup. However, they have been cutting me out for the past few months and my friend is not doing anything about it.
I just feel like i have been putting so much effort into getting her where she wants to be, and now that she is she cut me off and so did everyone else. They are going on a vacation without me, hiding their plans, walking away when I arrive but they still claim to be my friends.
I have started hanging out with this other girl, who is part of another friendgroup with new people at school. They are already very close however. I truly like them as people and I do not like my current 'friendgroup' My mind's been very dark lately because of this loneliness and neglect.
My question is: should I walk away and try to become part of this new friendgroup? I could risk losing my current friends for nothing. Or should I simply get through the year and try to find my people once i get to university?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 297 • Replies: 3
No top replies

roger

Reply Thu 15 Oct, 2020 10:12 am
@JLG21,
My suggestion is to ditch the current group. I've no idea if you will ever become a part of another, but with being in your senior year, you may not need them as much as you might think
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 15 Oct, 2020 11:34 am
correct me if I am wrong but isn't there this thing called Covid? Hanging out with 15 people together? Switching off friend groups ... going on vacation with a large friend group?

Does any one else see anything a bit odd here? Perhaps just perhaps where you live your country is isolated enough this is not an issue?

Besides that I agree with the other poster as far as friends. And next year - yeah you are going away to university where you will pick up a new and hopefully better friend group.
JLG21

Reply Thu 15 Oct, 2020 11:58 am
@Linkat,
Yes! I probably shouldve mentioned but in my country it is going pretty well with Covid so most of the measures have been lifted! I can see why this might seem worrisome hahaha. We still keep distance from each other and wear facemasks when necessary, but, since most of us are minors, we are allowed to meet in bigger groups.
0 Replies