RIP Eddie Van Halen, 65...

Reply Tue 6 Oct, 2020 02:19 pm
Quote:
Eddie Van Halen, the legendary guitar innovator and virtuoso who led Van Halen through five decades
and three lead singers, establishing himself as one of the all-time great players in rock history, died
Tuesday after a long battle with cancer. He was 65.

“I can’t believe I’m having to write this, but my father, Edward Lodewijk Van Halen, lost his long and
arduous battle with cancer this morning,” his son Wolfgang Van Halen wrote. “He was the best father
I could ever ask for. Every moment I’ve shared with him on and off stage was a gift. My heart is broken
and I don’t think I’ll ever fully recover from this loss.”

Were it not for his titanic influence, hard rock after the late 1970s would have evolved in unimaginably
different ways. He may not have invented two-handed tapping, but he perfected the practice and
introduced it to a mass audience. Yet despite his complete mastery of the electric guitar, he never
learned to read music.
rollingstone

https://i.imgur.com/Re2H8zy.jpg
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 1,298 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Ragman

Reply Tue 6 Oct, 2020 02:22 pm
@Region Philbis,
Just saw that news online. That’s a surprise to me. I don’t follow him but was unaware of his illness. I think R&R has a big upside but is a tough way to make a living.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 6 Oct, 2020 02:24 pm

0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Tue 6 Oct, 2020 02:26 pm
Shocked and saddened by this news. A great talent, another gone too soon.
farmerman

Reply Tue 6 Oct, 2020 03:09 pm
@Sturgis,
The FATHER OF THE SHRED GUITAR van Halen and Di Meola. They ere two of the best
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 6 Oct, 2020 10:13 pm
Wow. That's hard to comprehend.

I saw him in concert in 1988 and 1992.
https://able2know.org/topic/246458-3#post-5684953

I snagged my first ever "guitar pick thrown into the audience" at the '88 concert. Unfortunately it was Sammy Hagar's pick and not Eddie's.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » RIP Eddie Van Halen, 65...
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 04:46:03