Rock Found

Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2020 06:27 pm
Hello everyone.

I recently went to the tide pools and found some rocks and shells. I did come across this however, wondering if anyone knew what this may be??

Thank yo!

farmerman

Reply Wed 30 Sep, 2020 04:35 am
@blinkchargingco,
cant identify it unless we see it or at least a decent picture of it.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Wed 30 Sep, 2020 10:33 am
@blinkchargingco,
blinkchargingco wrote:

I recently went to the tide pools and found some rocks and shells. I did come across this however, wondering if anyone knew what this may be??
Thank yo!

Yep, that's what it is, alright, without a doubt.
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Wed 30 Sep, 2020 04:21 pm
As a lapsed Entomologist, I can say with a degree of uncertainty that is no May bee. Possibly a cucaracha.

However I would demure from Farmer dude's view, as I knew a blind geologist who could 'see' more by touch alone.

As for Blue, I would urge the membership to only accept that opinion after peer review, given that in marine biology many phyla, families and genera have some species that live in the sea and others that live on land.

Have y'all even considered that it could be a fossil?
Tryagain

Reply Wed 30 Sep, 2020 04:27 pm
Warning: implode() [function.implode]: Invalid arguments passed in /srv/users/a2korg/apps/able2know/releases/1601449615/a2kincludes/classes/post.class.php on line 842

Warning: mysql_fetch_array() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /srv/users/a2korg/apps/able2know/releases/1601449615/a2kincludes/classes/post.class.php on line 843

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /srv/users/a2korg/apps/able2know/releases/1601449615/a2kincludes/classes/post.class.php:842) in /srv/users/a2korg/apps/able2know/releases/1601449615/public_html/topicreply.php on line 107

It would appear A2K has other ideas!
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 1 Oct, 2020 10:53 am
@Tryagain,
Tryagain wrote:

As a lapsed Entomologist, I can say with a degree of uncertainty that is no May bee. Possibly a cucaracha.

Are you sure it's not an ocean chupacabra or a sea churro?
Tryagain

Reply Sat 3 Oct, 2020 01:56 pm
@tsarstepan,
Take me down to the paradise city... Tzar your retort sure am witty.

To identify or eliminate either/or. I suggest for the former we ask a Trump supporter and for the latter, encourage the former to eat it.

However, at this time I am still going with farmers theory that it was Astatine, and by the time the OP returned home with it and a half-life of only 8.1 hours there would be scant left to photograph.

And lets not forget that depending on how it decays, it'll either turn into the isotopes bismuth-206 or polonium-210. Good luck taking a snap of that before you melt.
farmerman

Reply Sat 3 Oct, 2020 03:34 pm
@Tryagain,
howd you get into isotopes??? Ive been out for a few hours in the fields and I get back and read about your radioisotope lists.

????

Im lost, help me out here.
farmerman

Reply Sat 3 Oct, 2020 03:41 pm
@farmerman,
although astatine and tennesseine are interesting radio- halogens
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Mon 5 Oct, 2020 09:38 am
@farmerman,
Farmer, ewe make eye laugh. Variola minor is not a small violin, its a Smallpox virus and I doubt the OP found a sample or he wood be dead by now. I reckon the $29.99 I spent on a Medicinae Baccalaureus diploma from a PO Box address close to the Wuhan University of Traditional Chinese Medicine was money well spent.

However, it still don't explain why I never post on Sundays; sum say it's because of Amish religious practices, others because I'm still drunk after Saturday night with a hangover from hell. I guess the truth will never be known.

I'ma sorry that you sound like the Wherethehellarewe and all I can say that may assist your predicament is, moss grows on the North side of a tree. Unless you iz in the Southern Hemisphere where they view things differently.

As for Astatine, all I know is it costs $27 million for just one gram. Interestingly, only under a tenth of a microgram of Astatine has ever been produced. So keep your eyes open when out in the fields.

Just don't get me started on Francium astatide, possibly the world’s most dangerous table salt, a compound guaranteed to give you indigestion from a hefty dose of nuclear radiation as the elements decay in a blink. The longest-lived isotope of francium has a half-life of just 22 minutes.

Sayōnara.

Ps. I hope the leg mended well and you are fully mobile again.
farmerman

Reply Mon 5 Oct, 2020 09:49 am
@Tryagain,
riiight. Well its gotta be 5 oclock somewhere
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Rock Found
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 10:51:10