Herpes or just pimples?

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 25 Sep, 2020 11:33 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Does Planned parenthood recommend that sexually active people are routinely tested for Herpes?

If not, explain to me why not?

They not only recommend it, they frequently test patients.
maxdancona

Reply Fri 25 Sep, 2020 11:33 pm
@CalamityJane,
CalamityJane wrote:

maxdancona wrote:
This is anti-sex hysteria, nothing more.

Not at all - but who in their right mind wants to get an STD? No one!!!

Any time you have sex, you run the risk of getting Herpes. Again, it is not tested for... and condoms won't even completely protect you from herpes.

Tell me, how does telling sexually active girls who get this common virus that their lives are "ruined" going to help them?

You are being irresponsible.
maxdancona

Reply Fri 25 Sep, 2020 11:34 pm
@CalamityJane,
CalamityJane wrote:

maxdancona wrote:

Does Planned parenthood recommend that sexually active people are routinely tested for Herpes?

If not, explain to me why not?

They not only recommend it, they frequently test patients.

I gave you the link to the Planned Parenthood site. According to the Planned Parenthood website, you are full of ****.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 25 Sep, 2020 11:36 pm
@maxdancona,
No, you're the irresponsible one!

You probably have Herpes and you try to justify why you don't have to tell this your partners. I hope the next woman who becomes a victim of your sexual irresponsibility, will sue your ass off.

That's my last word on this issue - you're just a disgusting little rat!
maxdancona

Reply Fri 25 Sep, 2020 11:38 pm
@CalamityJane,
The fact that you would tell girls that their "lives are ruined" because they got a skin rash from having sex....

It is sex-shaming, it is irresponsible, and it is not backed up by the facts.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Fri 25 Sep, 2020 11:39 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
I'm still curious..
...moral obligation..

A) it's not any business of yours

B) it's none of your damned business and sure as he'll is not a 'moral' obligation.

Don't you have an Australian bashing thread to entertain yourself with?

As to herpes, it is important for anybody who knows they've contracted it, to inform their sex partner. It's common decency at the very least.

There is also the consideration to the female partner as if she is or becomes pregnant, there are serious health issues which may effect the baby.
Sturgis

Reply Fri 25 Sep, 2020 11:43 pm
@CalamityJane,
Quote:
Who in their right mind wants to get an STD?

max does. He can then tell everybody and use it as proof he engaged in sexual activity.

....oh, wait....you said in their right mind. That eliminates max. However he still strikes me as nutty enough to want it.
maxdancona

Reply Fri 25 Sep, 2020 11:43 pm
@Sturgis,
Quote:
As to herpes, it is important for anybody who knows they've contracted it, to inform their sex partner. It's common decency at the very least.

I do not disagree with this.

I do disagree with the idea that when a girl gets herpes "her life is ruined". And I do disagree with the fact that Herpes is part of sex shaming, the stigma given to Herpes is far worse than any other part of this skin condition.

I don't know if you are too closed minded to watch the TED talk. It is quite a good talk from a woman who actually has Herpes. Her life mission is to fight the stigma.

She starts the talk by asking how many people have allergies... and a bunch of people raise their hands. Then she asks how many people have Herpes, and no one is willing to raise their hand (in spite of the fact that it is a common virus).

Allergies are far more deadly than Herpes. We don't slut-shame people with allergies.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Fri 25 Sep, 2020 11:46 pm
Here is an idea.

If you want people to be open about having Herpes, how about removing the overblown stigma.

If you tell girls their "lives are ruined" because of this skin condition, you shouldn't be surprised when they try to keep it secret.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Fri 25 Sep, 2020 11:49 pm

Quote:
I love my friends and they love me
We're just as close as we can be
And just because we really care
Whatever we get we share

I got it from Agnes, she got it from Jim
We all agree it must have been Louise who gave it to him
Now she got it from Harry, who got it from Marie
And everybody know that Marie got it from me

Giles got it from Daphne, she got it from Joan
Who picked it up in County Cork a kissin' the blarney stone
Pierre gave it to Shiela who must have brought it there
He got it from Francois and Jacques, aha, lucky Pierre!

Max got it from Edith who gets it ev'ry spring
She got it from her daddy who just gives her ev'rything
She then gave it to Daniel whose Spaniel has it now
Our dentist even got it and we're still wondering how

Ah, but I got it from Agnes, or maybe it was Sue
Or Millie, or Billie, or Gillie, or Willie, it doesn't matter who
It might have been at the pub, or at the club, or in the loo

And if you will be my friend, then I might, mind you, I said might
Give it to you!
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sat 26 Sep, 2020 12:19 am
@Sturgis,
I hadn't thought of that, but you might be right.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sat 26 Sep, 2020 12:31 am
@CalamityJane,
No one wants to get any kind of disease. Why is a sexually transmitted disease any worse than any other type of disease? It is because we still associate "sex" with shame.

There is a stigma around herpes that is unjustified for a virus that causes a skin rash. That is the problem.

If you want people to be open about their status, stop telling them their "lives are ruined". The stigma is what makes men and women hide their condition (I shouldn't need to point out that every hetereosexual man who has the virus due to sexual contact contracted it from a woman).

It is a fact that the CDC recommends against Herpes tests for people unless they have symptoms (and usually people who have the virus never notice symptoms). This is because the stigma from knowing you have the virus is far worse than the public health risks of you not knowing you have the virus.

You can read about this in any number of sites. It seems like you have already made up your mind, but I will try again.....

https://www.self.com/story/why-doctors-dont-usually-test-herpes

0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sat 26 Sep, 2020 12:35 am
Ella Dawson is coming forward to talk as someone who has Herpes and is working to end the stigma. This is TED talk... if you have anything close to an open mind, you should be willing to hear what she has to say.

I have given facts, I have posted links from planned parenthood and the CDC, I have posted articles. I have posted a video of a person who can talk from personal experience.

I don't know what else to do here. As soon as people here the word "sexual", minds close to facts or reason.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sat 26 Sep, 2020 12:02 pm
@CalamityJane,
I don't believe CalamityJane's story. It is clearly constructed as a White liberal morality tale... and it doesn't make any sense.

I can't imagine that Planned Parenthood would be complicit in shaming and "ruining the lives" of these girls. At least I hope not. The responsible thing to do is say according to CDC guidelines "we don't test for Herpes unless there are symptoms". The alleged monster in this myth loses his power and goes away, and the "girls" are spared a life of ignominy.

If you believe the CDC (and science in general) almost 50% of the people reading this carry the Herpes virus already without knowing about it. I would bet that none of you have actually been tested for Herpes. They rarely test people who don't have symptoms even if you have had STD screening.

If a girl came to Planned Parenthood, I would hope that she would receive good information and counseling on sexual help and responsibility. I am pretty sure they would tell her to use a condom.

I don't think they would tell a girl that her "life is ruined". Shaming girls for their sexuality is something that we should have gotten past by now.

0 Replies