Conservatives are treated worse in 2020 than blacks during Jim Crow

Reply Tue 8 Sep, 2020 03:58 am
Credit card issuer Discover blocks donations to crowdfunding site raising money for Kenosha shooter Rittenhouse's legal defense

Discover, one of the largest US credit card issuers, has blocked donations to GiveSendGo, a crowdfunding site where supporters of Kenosha, Wisconsin shooter Kyle Rittenhouse have raised nearly $400,000 for his legal defense.
The financial services company said it terminated payments to GiveSendGo for violating its operating regulations, Forbes reported on Thursday. Discover declined to say what regulations the Christian fundraising site violated, saying it “makes no judgment about customers' use of their funds” and that as a payment processor, it terminates acceptance only in cases where merchants violate its regulations.

Rittenhouse's legal defense fund had raised more than $398,000 on GiveSendGo, almost doubling its goal, as of Thursday evening. Supporters will continue being able to make donations using other forms of payment, assuming other credit-card issuers don't follow suit.

Backers of the 17-year-old Rittenhouse previously had a fundraiser for the teen's legal defense on GoFundMe, but the mainstream crowdfunding platform deleted the page, saying it violated unspecified terms of service. GoFundMe, which has previously blocked fundraisers for other conservative causes, set terms allowing itself to prohibit activity it deems, for any reason, to be “unacceptable.”

Credit card issuer Discover blocks donations to crowdfunding site raising money for Kenosha shooter Rittenhouse's legal defense

Discover, one of the largest US credit card issuers, has blocked donations to GiveSendGo, a crowdfunding site where supporters of Kenosha, Wisconsin shooter Kyle Rittenhouse have raised nearly $400,000 for his legal defense.
The financial services company said it terminated payments to GiveSendGo for violating its operating regulations, Forbes reported on Thursday. Discover declined to say what regulations the Christian fundraising site violated, saying it “makes no judgment about customers' use of their funds” and that as a payment processor, it terminates acceptance only in cases where merchants violate its regulations.

Rittenhouse's legal defense fund had raised more than $398,000 on GiveSendGo, almost doubling its goal, as of Thursday evening. Supporters will continue being able to make donations using other forms of payment, assuming other credit-card issuers don't follow suit.

Murder or self-defense? Biden slams Trump for refusing to ‘repudiate’ Kenosha shooter Rittenhouse before proven guilty
Backers of the 17-year-old Rittenhouse previously had a fundraiser for the teen's legal defense on GoFundMe, but the mainstream crowdfunding platform deleted the page, saying it violated unspecified terms of service. GoFundMe, which has previously blocked fundraisers for other conservative causes, set terms allowing itself to prohibit activity it deems, for any reason, to be “unacceptable.”

Rittenhouse faces charges of first-degree murder and attempted homicide after shooting to death two people and wounding a third during a Black Lives Matters protest. He also has become a symbol in the US culture war – one of hatred for leftist politicians and media outlets, and one of bravery and persecution for many conservatives. For example, Democrat Congresswoman Ayanna Pressley called Rittenhouse a “white supremacist domestic terrorist.” Conservatives, such as actor James Woods and media critic Mark Dice, have pointed to video footage that they say clearly shows the teen acted in self-defense while being attacked by rioters.

Rittenhouse supporters also have met with resistance on social media. Twitter earlier this week suspended the account of Lin Wood, the lawyer who launched Rittenhouse's legal defense fund, saying he violated an unspecified rule. The platform has also locked the accounts of such prominent conservatives as author Ann Coulter and journalist Cassandra Fairbanks for tweeting support for Rittenhouse, which Twitter found to be condoning an act of violence.

Twitter users blasted Discover for cutting off GiveSendGo, some saying they will cut up their Discover cards in response. “It's so eye-opening seeing so many large companies come out to block truth and justice,” one netizen said.

https://www.rt.com/usa/499832-discover-blocks-givesendgo-rittenhouse/
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 921 • Replies: 38

hightor

Reply Tue 8 Sep, 2020 05:06 am
It's difficult to see how blocking donations to a crowdfunding site — to defend a killer, no less — can be likened to the widespread discrimination against black USAmericans in the Jim Crow era...and today. Being judged by your MAGA hat isn't the same as being judged by the color of your skin. Conflating these two dissimilar issues looks like something that Russian trolls might have cooked up. I mean, how many Rittenhouse supporters have been denied the right to vote, forced to ride in the back of a bus, or lynched? How many black USAmericans in the Jim Crow era successfully crowdfunded the defense of a known killer? But then again, what would you really expect from people who use rt.com as a propaganda source?

hightor

Reply Tue 8 Sep, 2020 05:40 am
Quote:
Really, stop feeding this inbreed.

You're absolutely right. These stupid propaganda pieces should simply be downvoted and left blank. It's just difficult to resist drawing attention to their logical inconsistencies, tortured reasoning, and blatant racism.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 8 Sep, 2020 06:47 am
Progressive racist lynch mobs don't like it when people stand up to them.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 8 Sep, 2020 06:49 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:
It's difficult to see how blocking donations to a crowdfunding site -- to defend a killer, no less -- can be likened to the widespread discrimination against black USAmericans in the Jim Crow era...and today.

Not difficult at all.

It's very clear that the kid is innocent and was rightfully defending himself. The notion that he should be blocked from raising money to pay for his defense is sickening.

Progressives truly are evil people.
0 Replies

thebobeternal

Reply Tue 8 Sep, 2020 12:16 pm
Rittenhouse was a white supremacist. This is laughable.
oralloy

Reply Tue 8 Sep, 2020 02:13 pm
@thebobeternal,
No he isn't.

But even if he was, he would still have every right to defend himself from progressive murderers.
0 Replies

FreedomEyeLove

Reply Tue 8 Sep, 2020 02:15 pm
@hightor,
Imagine if the MAGA movement had so much power that they were able to block your ability to use a payment processor.

In reality that's exactly what's happening, except it's the Marxists who are doing it to anyone who doesn't follow their propaganda.

Taking away the ability of a person to even pay for things, that's persecution.
0 Replies

FreedomEyeLove

Reply Tue 8 Sep, 2020 02:17 pm
@thebobeternal,
Quote:
Rittenhouse was a white supremacist.

Explain to me how a Hispanic who shot ONLY white people (clearly in self defense, as caught on video), no blacks at all is a "white supremacist'.

Explain that to me.

Go.
FreedomEyeLove

Reply Tue 8 Sep, 2020 04:18 pm
Could you please enlighten me as to specifically which leftists are being persecuted so badly in the year 2020 that they're being barred from using universal payment processors?

Can you give me a name? Even one name?

Also, allow me to repeat myself:
Quote:
Explain to me how a Hispanic who shot ONLY white people (clearly in self defense, as caught on video), no blacks at all is a "white supremacist'.

Explain that to me.
RABEL222

Reply Tue 8 Sep, 2020 06:07 pm
@FreedomEyeLove,
He might borrow a couple of brain cells from Ollie but that would leave Ollie with none and freedom with 2.
FreedomEyeLove

Reply Tue 8 Sep, 2020 06:13 pm
I'm still waiting for an answer here.

Guess I shouldn't hold my breath for a response from the mentally challenged. ...too busy drooling on themselves while wearing a helmet so that they don't injure them self.
0 Replies

FreedomEyeLove

Reply Tue 8 Sep, 2020 08:46 pm
@thebobeternal,
Quote:

"Everyone with an opinion I dislike is a WHITE SUPREMACIST!"

~How an adult child "debates".
maxdancona

Reply Tue 8 Sep, 2020 08:49 pm
@FreedomEyeLove,
FreedomEyeLove wrote:

Quote:

"Everyone with an opinion I dislike is a WHITE SUPREMACIST!"

~How an adult child "debates".

Do you believe that White people are superior to Black people... that White people are less likely to commit crime than Black people... or that White culture is superior to other cultures?

That is what makes you a White Supremacist.

If you say you are not a White Supremacist, then I will believe you. You have never said this.
FreedomEyeLove

Reply Tue 8 Sep, 2020 08:53 pm
@maxdancona,
As I've told you many MULTIPLE times, I've not even white.

No one has the right to submit people to weirdo Marxist purity tests. I'm not going to play your game.

DENOUNCE that you are Kim Jong-il's secret gay lover! If you don't, then that means you are!

...retard.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 8 Sep, 2020 09:06 pm
@FreedomEyeLove,
I am not Kim Jong-il's secret gay lover. I have no trouble denouncing it (or denouncing Kim Jong Il).

I also denounce White Supremacy (or any form of racial supremacy).

I have no problem denouncing either.

oralloy

Reply Thu 10 Sep, 2020 04:52 am
@RABEL222,
Rabel is as stupid as a bag of hammers.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 10 Sep, 2020 05:21 am
@maxdancona,
Kim Jong Il died in 2011. The current leader is Kim Jong Un.

Read a ******* paper.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 10 Sep, 2020 07:32 am
@thebobeternal,
Quote:

Rittenhouse was a white supremacist. This is laughable.

Is something an uneducated turd might say.
McGentrix

Reply Thu 10 Sep, 2020 07:33 am
@maxdancona,
Do you think all white conservatives are white supremacists?

1. Forums
  2. » Conservatives are treated worse in 2020 than blacks during Jim Crow
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/02/2024 at 07:44:08