When the media reports a shooting involving the police & a black man, ask yourself these questions

Mon 24 Aug, 2020 03:58 pm
1) Were you there?

2) Do you know the whole story?

3) Is all the information being released? Is any information being withheld?

4) Does the media stand to make money from sensationalizing this story?

5) Does a political party stand to benefit from this story?

The KBG called people who believed everything the media fed them "useful idiots."

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 449 • Replies: 19
Topic Closed

maxdancona

Mon 24 Aug, 2020 05:12 pm
@FreedomEyeLove,
Do you ask yourself these questions? I think "useful idiot" is a good way to describe Trump supporters who make up their minds about a story in spite of the facts.

The George Floyd case is a perfect example. The police have all of the information in their control... so if there is something that the police are withholding, it probably isn't going to fit your partisan political narrative.

Useful idiot about explains the continued support for White Supremacist narrative from Trump supporters.

0 Replies

maxdancona

Mon 24 Aug, 2020 05:15 pm
@FreedomEyeLove,
The news reports I am seeing on these stories contain opinions from multiple points of view (including from the police themselves, and from conservative commentators). And the facts are stated as facts.

Are you making the argument that these stories shouldn't be reported?
0 Replies

Dr Sliptinschit

Mon 24 Aug, 2020 05:49 pm
@FreedomEyeLove,
I learned a long time ago not to trust the left-wing press and the black supremacists that they support.
maxdancona

Mon 24 Aug, 2020 05:54 pm
@Dr Sliptinschit,
Dr Sliptinschit wrote:

I learned a long time ago not to trust the left-wing press and the black supremacists that they support.

And that explains a lot about why you post the opinions you do.

If you ignore the facts from sources you don't like, you can believe whatever you want.
FreedomEyeLove

Mon 24 Aug, 2020 06:31 pm
@Dr Sliptinschit,
Quote:

The press is obviously mostly leftist, but these questions apply to literally any situation where a black man gets shot by police.

Unfortunately black men are used as political tools by the media. Phony indignation meant to cause civil unrest. None of these outlets actually care about these men who lose their lives.

Thank you for your comment, the only comment here.
maxdancona

Mon 24 Aug, 2020 07:00 pm
@FreedomEyeLove,
Quote:

Thank you for your comment, the only comment here.

Fascinating!

In a thread about asking questions... FreedomEyeLove simply ignores any perspective except for the one that exactly mirrors his own.
RABEL222

Tue 25 Aug, 2020 06:05 pm
@maxdancona,
There seems to be a lot of that going around. Thinking ones opinion is truth that is and ignoring facts by denying them.
Dr Sliptinschit

Tue 25 Aug, 2020 08:19 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
And that explains a lot about why you post the opinions you do.

If you ignore the facts from sources you don't like, you can believe whatever you want.

What have I ever posted that weren't facts?
0 Replies

Dr Sliptinschit

Tue 25 Aug, 2020 08:24 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
In a thread about asking questions... FreedomEyeLove simply ignores any perspective except for the one that exactly mirrors his own.

Agreeing with me is a sign of intelligence.
maxdancona

Tue 25 Aug, 2020 08:25 pm
@Dr Sliptinschit,
Dr Sliptinschit wrote:

Quote:

Agreeing with me is a sign of intelligence.

I agree completely.
Dr Sliptinschit

Tue 25 Aug, 2020 08:28 pm
@RABEL222,
Quote:
There seems to be a lot of that going around. Thinking ones opinion is truth that is and ignoring facts by denying them.

Sounds like you are finally starting to come around. We will have you voting Trump in no time.
0 Replies

mark noble

Wed 26 Aug, 2020 08:44 am
@FreedomEyeLove,
You should enter any 'investigation' with such questions, And many more....

1. Why is This Newsworthy?
2. Why Do I give a damn about it?
3. Does This affect me?
4. What is the 'News'?
5. Why am I watching the 'News'?
6. Who finances Global media?
7. If I do away with my cellphone, television, radio, internet - Will I Be free from propaganda & subliminal conditioning?
8. Am I a slave to anothers' will & direction, such that I Need to be connected to the Hivecentric fashions, trends and dynamic flow that prepurposes my entire spectrum of acceptability?
9. Have I eaten lately?
10. Have I EVEN taken the time to watch 'The Shift' Filmumentary, that that kind & sharing bloke, 'Mark Noble', Linked me to on A2k?

And many more.
Have a Lovely Day
Mark
0 Replies

Qtip

Wed 26 Aug, 2020 03:46 pm
@FreedomEyeLove,
I would just like to see the left wing media report hate crimes equally.
0 Replies

NealNealNeal

Wed 26 Aug, 2020 03:59 pm
@maxdancona,
Max, you are an intelligent man
You do realize how much the press distorts the truth don't you? It is quite obvious.
maxdancona

Wed 26 Aug, 2020 04:15 pm
@NealNealNeal,
NealNealNeal wrote:

Max, you are an intelligent man
You do realize how much the press distorts the truth don't you? It is quite obvious.

1. You need to define what you mean by "distort". I think the press gets the facts almost completely correct (with a few notable exceptions). I think the press shows bias in what it covers.

2. I think that political groups distort the truth quite a bit more than the press. The press will get the facts right... and some parts of the press will take the time to at least mention the other perspective. Political groups don't do either of these things.

I think NPR, the New York Times and Washington post are pretty good. They do have a center left bias (which is more pronounced on certain issue)... however they also do a pretty good job explaining both sides of an issue. (For the record, CNN is horrible even when they share my political opinion on an issue). I do read Redstate (which is idiotic but amusing)... maybe that gives me another point of view. DailyKos now bores me.

For issues I care more about, I combine the news along with looking specifically at the facts for myself.... and listening to intelligent voices on both sides of the issue.

NealNealNeal

Wed 26 Aug, 2020 04:37 pm
@maxdancona,
I heard nothing from the press about the corruption of people like Sally Yates, Jim Comey, and the leaders of the FBI and justice department. Did you hear anything about that?
Was there any discussion about Pelosi and other Dems playing games in the House regarding the "impeachment" of Trump
I am happy to hear your comment about CNN. I find that even CNBC is biased on how it reports news.
maxdancona

Wed 26 Aug, 2020 04:51 pm
@NealNealNeal,
NealNealNeal wrote:

I heard nothing from the press about the corruption of people like Sally Yates, Jim Comey, and the leaders of the FBI and justice department. Did you hear anything about that?
Was there any discussion about Pelosi and other Dems playing games in the House regarding the "impeachment" of Trump
I am happy to hear your comment about CNN. I find that even CNBC is biased on how it reports news.

I think you want political propaganda. You are confusing political propaganda with news.

In the impeachment, the Republicans were arguing that the process was nothing more than a fraud... a political game that had no validity. NPR and the New York Times covered this point of view quite well. I understand the argument and I have heard all of the facts from the Republican side that support it. In that case the news media did its job.

I believe the same is true about the arguments the FBI led by Obama illegally investigated Trump to start a fraudulent investigation (although honestly I don't know the details about Sally Yates).

1. If you want the press to report the arguments made by people from a Republican or Conservative point of view and the facts that support these arguments.... they do that pretty well (and they should)

2. If you want the press to push Republican talking points? I don't think I want that.
NealNealNeal

Wed 26 Aug, 2020 04:59 pm
@maxdancona,
I very much respect what you say.
0 Replies

mark noble

Thu 27 Aug, 2020 06:41 am
@NealNealNeal,
Have a lovely Day
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » When the media reports a shooting involving the police & a black man, ask yourself these questions
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/28/2024 at 08:07:09