How does someone become an explorer in this day in age?

Reply Sun 16 Aug, 2020 08:08 pm

I want to discover new places and new things, but how would I do that. Should I just get off at a random stop and wander the streets until I find something new? Any ideas, any recommendation?

(don't worry, I'm not going to be exploring until covid is gone.)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 298 • Replies: 2
No top replies

ekename

Reply Sun 16 Aug, 2020 09:28 pm
@IWonderWhy38544,
Think of a subject that interests you and explore it online first.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2020 08:13 am
@IWonderWhy38544,
IWonderWhy38544 wrote:

Should I just get off at a random stop and wander the streets until I find something new? Any ideas, any recommendation?

Taking the serendipitous meandering journey is a good inexpensive start. Being observant and taking notes (mental or otherwise) is a good practice. A good alternative is to VLOG (not necessarily live streaming) your journey. Keeps your hands free and your eyes not stuck on a page but constantly looking around.

Keeping in mind that one is always diligent in one's surroundings when one finds oneself in unfamiliar neighborhoods. Safety first: like not flashing around valuables and making oneself a target for nefarious opportunists. Exhibiting a bit of independent confidence when in new areas can lend you an air that you belong there in the first place where you might be left alone from unscrupulous individuals looking for fresh targets to illicitly profit from.

That said, the above advice is for urban exploration. Not sure your geographical context and your potential proclivities for exploration (where, when, what, whys....).
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » How does someone become an explorer in this day in age?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/23/2024 at 06:03:58