How to fix the first line?

Reply Thu 13 Aug, 2020 02:35 pm
Mark Lee Kok Huang) - Also known as one of the famous Singaporean comedian, actor, television host and film director. Mark Lee Kok Huang also known from his roles in movies. Mark Lee Kok Huang has announced that he is stepping away from the entertainment industry completely to focus on his new career path.

The first line is not a complete sentence. I wonder how it should be fixed.

Thanks.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 232 • Replies: 2
No top replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 13 Aug, 2020 02:41 pm
@tanguatlay,
Also known as or aka would refer to an alias, not a description of their different works.

Cressida Dick is the head of the metropolitan police, she is not also known as the head of the metropolitan police.

I would say, “Mark Lee Kok Huang is a famous Singaporean comedian.....”

Is he famous outside of Singapore? I’ve not heard of him, but that doesn’t mean much. If he isn’t well known outside of Singapore I would change famous to popular.
0 Replies

ekename

Reply Thu 13 Aug, 2020 08:09 pm
@tanguatlay,

Mark Lee Kok Huang, the Singaporean comedian, actor, television host and film director, has announced that he is stepping away from the entertainment industry completely to focus on his new career path.

- FIXED.

0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » How to fix the first line?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/20/2024 at 09:08:35