What 'Defensive' Measures Would YOU apply To Protect Your Respective Reality?

Reply Sat 8 Aug, 2020 11:45 am
In defence of your 'plane' of wisdom - What measures would you take to reinforce your 'perceived' reality - And counteract any and all opposing parallels thereuntoward?

Mark...

justaguy2

Reply Sat 8 Aug, 2020 11:56 am
@mark noble,
Avoid talking to people like you... oops, too late.

But while the first part of the above was a serious comment; I'd prefer real reality as opposed to "perceived reality".

PS: I was only just reading some of your posts in other threads, and I must say I nearly always find them to be rather bizarre (and was thinking just that before I saw this thread). Then I notice this thread of yours. The phrase "I give up trying to understand this world" really does spring to mind...
mark noble

Reply Sat 8 Aug, 2020 12:06 pm
@justaguy2,
What 'Reality' is there - Other than the one (Each of us) perceive?

Do you define 'Reality' as 'other' than 'perceived'?

Cheers.
Mark...
izzythepush

Reply Sat 8 Aug, 2020 02:45 pm
@mark noble,
Piece of piss. Infra red and ultra violet rays hit the Earth all the time, but they’re outside our range of vision so we don’t perceive them.

They’re as real as any of the other colours of the spectrum but we don’t see them, they’re still there.

Bats are incredibly noisy but we don’t hear them because the frequency is too high.

You’re going to have to up your game if you don’t want people to think you’re some sort of ice cream.
0 Replies

Teufel

Reply Sat 8 Aug, 2020 07:38 pm
@mark noble,
One would have to admit that I am even less interested in your alleged 'question' than your previous respondents. However, I'll offer a little free advice which may be helpful to you; if that is this post is not TLDR for you.

Which perceived reality? Of which style or type wisdom would that be?

The question you have posed is so utterly lacking in definition and/or parameters, that no rational nor irrational answer is directly nor indirectly possible. As in; who can even hazard a guess what you are mumbling on about.

Ergo. What is it that you think that you mean?

Tell people in precise detail, in words of one syllable and you might get further. Though I suspect you are a great deal more interested in what you think, than anyone else.

Wearing one of my many hats in life, I have and still do deal with many people who are professionally taciturn to the point of being almost unfathomable as to their requirements and/or thoughts on any matter. This means in 'lay man' terms, people who act all dark and mysterious. Now some of them are indeed all that and more. In truth this post is more words than I utter in the average month to people outside of my wife.

However as I explained to a gent just the other week ... "There is a marked difference between intelligently keeping one's views to oneself until it is absolutely necessary to give something out ... and those who plainly having nothing useful or intelligent to say". He definitely came into the second group

So my advice is, if you wish someone to answer you in any manner other than with 'barely cloaked hostility', I'd really suggest you learn to communicate with greater clarity and cease trying to appear to be 'clever'. It is tiresome.
BillRM

Reply Sun 9 Aug, 2020 09:12 am
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:

In defence of your 'plane' of wisdom - What measures would you take to reinforce your 'perceived' reality - And counteract any and all opposing parallels thereuntoward?

Mark...

I kind of like the ideas of the theory of many worlds in quantum mechanics as it kind of nice to think that for every wrong path in life you took there are many others where you did take the right path.

Of course the reverse is also true.
mark noble

Reply Mon 10 Aug, 2020 07:44 am
@Teufel,
You Articulate well, Tuefel - I like that.

I, have learned that, on A2k, it doesn't matter how one expesses themself - And long descriptions are pointless, here.

Once in a while, someone desires further definition.
'Perception' (Sensory-based absorbtion of relative, criteria).

I, unwittingly, assumed its definition as 'given/known'.

Ergo - Unto what lengths would you go to, in order to protect and preserve your sensory-based perception of that you deem to be 'Real'?

Mark...
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Mon 10 Aug, 2020 07:50 am
@BillRM,
Indeed Bill - 'Everything' Demands that it is both (In & Of itself) Both In & Of itself.

And for 'Everything' to Exist... 'Everything' Must Exist.

Have a lovely day
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » What 'Defensive' Measures Would YOU apply To Protect Your Respective Reality?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/08/2024 at 09:41:34