You can start crowdfunding campaigns for ANYTHING you need money for?

Reply Sat 25 Jul, 2020 10:01 am
Hi. This is a serious question and I'm curious about this. I learned about crowdfunding campaigns around the time I was doing research on funding for individual use - grants, awards and other monies.

Patreon, Kickstarter, Indiegogo, and Booster which was associated with the t-shirt company CustomInk, are the few crowdfunding platforms I have heard about and/or know about. I know there are other ones out there but I don't know of any other ones off-hand.

I know people pursue starting crowdfunding campaigns when they want to raise funds towards whatever projects they are working on, put can you start crowdfunding campaigns for ANYTHING you need money for? For ANY financial purpose?

Please help. Thank you.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,250 • Replies: 5
No top replies

JGoldman10

Reply Sat 25 Jul, 2020 11:24 am
The following is what I would like to start crowdfunding campaigns for. I would like have money:

For driving school lessons and to get my driver's license. I never officially learned how to drive and I never owned my own vehicle. I have a driver's permit but it's expired. A friend tried to teach me how to drive once but he was not a good teacher.

To get all the tools, resources, equipment, materials, etc. to produce my own animated cartoons and comics with and to showcase them online. This includes things likes books and software.

To get the tools and equipment, etc. I need to make web videos out of them. I want to make video showcases of my comics (probably video slideshows) and upload them and upload my animations to as many video-sharing sites and online platforms as I can. I've thought about recording myself on video so others can see me on my channels, but I think I'd rather just showcase my cartoons and comics in video form on my channels. If I do make videos of myself I probably won't show my face - I'll probably be in the videos talking about my work. You'll probably hear me doing vocal characterizations for some of my characters as I show images of them.

To pay for the training I want and need so I can produce my own animations and comics. I would like to learn how to voice act professionally and further my training to learn how to produce comics professionally. Perhaps take some refresher courses in animation.

To set up my own studio in my home. This would be nice. I'd like to have a more professional home office too.

This is all I can think of right now as of the time of this. I'll probably add more items to this list later.

0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Sat 25 Jul, 2020 12:37 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

Hi. This is a serious question and I'm curious about this. I learned about crowdfunding campaigns around the time I was doing research on funding for individual use - grants, awards and other monies.

Patreon, Kickstarter, Indiegogo, and Booster which was associated with the t-shirt company Custom Ink, are the few crowdfunding platforms I have heard about and/or know about. I know there are other ones out there but I don't know of any other ones off-hand.

I know people pursue starting crowdfunding campaigns when they want to raise funds towards whatever projects they are working on, put can you start crowdfunding campaigns for ANYTHING you need money for? For ANY financial purpose?

Please help. Thank you.

-FIXED.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 25 Jul, 2020 01:05 pm
Check the terms of service for any crowdfunding platform you want to use.

Just Google them.
JGoldman10

Reply Sat 25 Jul, 2020 01:09 pm
@jespah,
Thank you. Okay.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Fri 31 Jul, 2020 05:43 pm
Are there any members of this site who have ever established any crowdfunding campaigns for anything?
0 Replies