Brother doesn't respect my decision

Reply Thu 23 Jul, 2020 03:08 pm
Hello.

I am a young guy. I recently disowned my mother after reading the philosophy of Stefan Molyneux. According to the philosophy i had to force my borther to also take sides. I did however not do that. With my mom thinga aren't going back to normal. Once you have seen how evil the left is you can't go back. My brother has regular contact with my mom. Yesterday is was at his rental apartment and he said i had to call my mom. He was also pushing me into contact with you have to know how things are going with her. I however found this offensive. I did not want to talk about something peraonal as my mom with his roommates.

I called him up later that day but he was very anxioua and said he will call me tomorrow. He has not called today. I will call him again i a few days. I have to get it to him that thinga aren't going back to normal. He sti has hopes for it and even pushed a mediation with a social worker. I said i was not willing to be attacked by 2 sides. How do i get my brother to respect my decision without a ultimatum? I am really angry he did not respect me and don't want it to happen again.

solipsister

Reply Thu 23 Jul, 2020 09:10 pm
@Flying Dutchmen,
Given that:

'Stefan Basil Molyneux is a Canadian far-right, white nationalist, white supremacist ... who is best known for his promotion of conspiracy theories, scientific racism, eugenics and white supremacist views."

I'd suggest you receive counselling alone before attempting mediation.
glitterbag

Reply Thu 23 Jul, 2020 09:57 pm
@Flying Dutchmen,
Leave your mother alone. I just read the philosophy of some other nutcase and now I realize you should be living in a cave somewhere where you can't infect anyone with such nonsense.
Flying Dutchmen

Reply Fri 24 Jul, 2020 01:28 am
@glitterbag,
That is not very nice. You also don't make any arguments like a true leftwinger.
Flying Dutchmen

Reply Fri 24 Jul, 2020 01:33 am
@solipsister,
That is all leftwing propaganda. Don't believe any of it. Besides i don't want a lecture about politics but advice on relationships.

like Molynrux says i somethings see a pshycholigist. But this does not solve the problem of my brother. The only was to solve it quick is to cut off contact with hom as well but i don't wany to lose him also. maybe i can bring it up with the psychologist.
0 Replies

neptuneblue

Reply Fri 24 Jul, 2020 05:29 am
@Flying Dutchmen,
I think you're being deliberately cryptic about the "philosophies" you hold. You aren't straightforward with WHY you hold your mother in contempt or why you've chosen to put your brother in the middle of your relationship with her.

If you have chosen a life for yourself that involves embracing racism, sexism, violence or intolerant behavior, don't expect your family to want to have a relationship with you.

You ask how to get your brother to respect your decision? Try respecting his, and the people around you who love and care about you.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 24 Jul, 2020 06:08 am
@Flying Dutchmen,
Flying Dutchmen wrote:

Hello.

I am a young guy. I recently disowned my mother after reading the philosophy of Stefan Molyneux. According to the philosophy i had to force my borther to also take sides. I did however not do that. With my mom thinga aren't going back to normal. Once you have seen how evil the left is you can't go back. My brother has regular contact with my mom. Yesterday is was at his rental apartment and he said i had to call my mom. He was also pushing me into contact with you have to know how things are going with her. I however found this offensive. I did not want to talk about something peraonal as my mom with his roommates.

I called him up later that day but he was very anxioua and said he will call me tomorrow. He has not called today. I will call him again i a few days. I have to get it to him that thinga aren't going back to normal. He sti has hopes for it and even pushed a mediation with a social worker. I said i was not willing to be attacked by 2 sides. How do i get my brother to respect my decision without a ultimatum? I am really angry he did not respect me and don't want it to happen again.

So...you brother does not respect YOUR decision for what HE should be doing.

Hummm.

Meaning he wants to do what HE wants to do...rather than what YOU want him to do.

If your positions were reversed and you saw him writing and asking what he could do because YOU will not do what HE wants you to do...

...what would you be thinking???
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Fri 24 Jul, 2020 06:20 am
It’s so sad that politics tears apart families.

Is your mother perhaps ill and your brother wants you to connect with her to see “ how things are with her.”?

0 Replies

engineer

Reply Fri 24 Jul, 2020 06:38 am
I think you will have to recognize that if you want to follow such a radical philosophy, you probably won't be able to maintain a lot of relationships including your brother's. That is why such "leaders" advise you to cut off all contact, so you have no dissenting opinions in your life to dispute what they are telling you.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Fri 24 Jul, 2020 06:41 am
@Flying Dutchmen,
Your behavior is tearing apart your family and losing you the respect of your brother. If you don't like this, then you are going to have to make a choice about what is more important to you.

I can't tell you what to believe. But it is pretty obvious what is happening here.

You have made the choice to drive away your family. Now you have to decide if that is what you really want in life.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Fri 24 Jul, 2020 08:48 am
@Flying Dutchmen,
Flying Dutchmen wrote:

Hello.

I am a young guy. I recently disowned my mother after reading the philosophy of ...

What kind of relationship did have before you read this book? What kind of philosophy and books are worth trashing the relationships with your mother and your brother - a racist philosophy, no less?

Your asking advice here, so you know you need help. Why not get some help from counseling? Your head and heart are badly misaligned.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Fri 24 Jul, 2020 08:25 pm
@Flying Dutchmen,
You are not very nice. If you don't want to talk to your mother, don't. Just tell your brother you've fallen sway to some Svengali who's intent on creating a following of suggestible easily led cranky guys who need to believe they are victims. He'll understand....hell, he'll probably be relieved.
0 Replies

Teufel

Reply Tue 28 Jul, 2020 11:47 am
@Flying Dutchmen,
Personally I am not of any 'wing'; indeed I find anarchy to be a little too agreeable on most occasions. This is speaking as someone who has much lived in anarchic states as a younger person. Neither do I believe in anyone's supremacy, the 99.9% are idiots ... colour, creed, or politics irrespective. What matters in this life is money, because money brings choice. Choice brings both happiness and contentment. Which is why after being born wealthy I have just made a whole load more. Cool

Ergo, one must either be extremely talented at something which makes money, or one needs a great deal of education; as in MD, PhD, lawyer and so forth. Fortunately I have both talent and education .... plus no conscience nor a single moral.

Indeed I have in the modern internet stylee just this second created my very own designation ... I am a Pan-Racist ..... As in 100% fact, I cannot abide any of you, my fellow humans.

Now; I do not talk to my mother. Why? Because I cannot be bothered with her. In so much as I do not like what she thinks or how she acts. Is she an abuser or some other horrific human? No, she is a little too much like a pleb for my taste and I loathe plebs. Neither do I talk to my highly educated siblings for the self same reasons. All of them are tiresome to me.

One of my siblings even now, decades later, still attempts to contact me every couple of years .... I ignore them, I shrug my shoulders and that is that. They have to do what they have to do; I do what I do.

Where you are concerning my fine young friend is you are listening to someone else ... Doesn't matter if it is the Pope or some ultra conspiracy racist .... YOU are listening to someone else ... Which means YOU are lacking self esteem and self respect. You are lost and looking for a father figure. It is why you are so offended by your brother.

Unlike yourself and indeed most people, I have seen aspects of this life you cannot even imagine exist outside of some film or book ..... People who listen as you do are very useful to people like Mr Molyneux and his ilk ... As they can get people to do all sorts of really dumb things with bombs and guns, whilst they sit back in safety smiling at the activities of their sacrificial pawns.

Frankly, I care less if you spend your life being mindless or are blown up by your own bomb or get slotted doing the bidding of some self proclaimed despotic messianic deity .... But I would suggest you do yourself a real favour sonny ..... Find your own credo and your own ideas; listen only to yourself and be your own man .... Or you will forever be a pawn; to be sacrificed as millions have been before you.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Brother doesn't respect my decision
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/17/2024 at 11:59:16