Good Character

Reply Fri 17 Jul, 2020 09:23 pm
Only a few times in my life have I encountered people whose character was so poor that I decided that I could NEVER EVER let them back into my life EVER again.

They would act with such savage and hateful behavior and then pretend to develop a conscience and plead for mercy only to as soon as it suited them repeat their exceedingly hateful ways. They were violent and malicious, while taking in every fact and detail in my life and twisting it into some sick narrative that they could spread around to my friends and throw in my face (as if it was the truth) whenever it suited them.

All of my life I have always been a caring and rather naive person, so, when it became time to throw this person(s) out of my life I felt incapable of this kind of permanent response.

Over time I have learned of this kind of person and now I am no longer able to be manipulated in such a way. I nip it in the bud...

This person would say they had changed... and then mutate into someone even more vile.

I stress, they were not just mean and vindictive... They devalued the life of others to such a degree that they would constantly endanger the lives of others for their own ego and self seeking pleasure. They ruined people, their health, dignity and left them a hollow shell of their former selves....

These terrible people, when faced with their evil actions they would rationalize that their victims did not matter anyway.

It was perhaps this that convinced me that I could NEVER EVER trust them ever again. It was my forgiving nature that impeded me from realizing this sooner until they had committed atrocities that I could never accept.

But they on the other hand would simply rationalize that their actions were justified while their reasoning was inexplicably cruel and heartless.

These people had no empathy and no matter how they pleaded for forgiveness they would never be capable of being a person who could live by a code of honor and trust.

They purported themselves to be wise and smart... but inside there was a vital piece missing that seemingly could never be obtained...

Good Character.

Why these people are like this? I don't know. They are usually racist but not always. They simply only care about themselves, their own shallow pleasure, and they will even lie to themselves to cover their horrible, unspeakable misdeeds.

This is the kind of man sitting in the White House. I know this modus operandi as plain as day. He exhibits every single flaw that I have seen before in these kinds of bully, vile people.

He will not change and he may one day plead for mercy for his despicable acts of hate and negligence... Don't believe him. He is a liar through and through and is incapable of ever changing.

Get as far away from him as possible and NEVER EVER let him back into a place of any kind of responsibility.

Even in his own myopic space he is a danger to anyone around him who might easily fall prey to his maniacal manipulation and reckless devalue of life...

Even his family and closest confidants (comrades) are not safe from his violence.

glitterbag

Reply Fri 17 Jul, 2020 11:09 pm
@TheCobbler,
I think we have all been bitterly disappointed with some of our friends and sadly sometimes our relatives....I've had to cut people out of my life, in particular my first husband and my younger brother. It doesn't matter why other than it was too toxic to continue.

My Dad used to tell me that the only people who can really hurt you are the people you trust. He didn't mean you shouldn't trust anyone, his point was that the peripheral people can disappoint or anger you..but only the people you trust can make you despondent.
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Sat 18 Jul, 2020 06:55 am
@TheCobbler,
I've found that 'leopards changing their spots' does happen - Usually when they become less 'encouraged' by 'like of their kind'.

I've also found that - If 'like of their kind' becomes diminished - They seek adherence toward opposing pole.

And some folk have mental imbalances that are beyond reach.

Have a Lovely day
TheCobbler

Reply Sat 18 Jul, 2020 11:33 am
@mark noble,
Sometimes Mark, it does not matter if they claim to or appear to change their spots. The dye has been cast, the damage has been done and the victims are left as carnage, the victims can never recover. Maybe a better person than me can forgive, but I cannot forget or trust again. Sometimes their hateful words just replay in my mind like a broken record.

Others may trust them, I am only capable of a simple hi and bye greeting in passing and that is it.

I would rather be bitter than appear accepting of such behavior.

We have 130,000 dead, mostly senior citizens and a man who is incapable of showing any empathy for them. They will never be able to get their lives back.

It takes years of philanthropy before I would ever even consider forgiving something like that.

Then there are all the lies, crimes and hateful statements directed toward good people.

The mountain is too high and the gulf too vast to cross.

These kinds of things take a lifetime to amend for not just some overnight godspell and a bunch of empty words...

And I am supposed to believe mister racist is a Christian? Not gonna happen. They can change but it takes years of trust to overcome such treachery.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 19 Jul, 2020 06:39 am
@TheCobbler,
TheCobbler wrote:

Maybe a better person than me can forgive

Maybe forgiveness, like vengeance, should be in the hands of the almighty.
mark noble

Reply Sun 19 Jul, 2020 12:29 pm
@TheCobbler,
I understand the 'never again' factor.
As for Donald Trump - He is a knob, I agree - But he is obliged to follow the advice of the World Health Organisation.

It has overall control over All governing bodies.

NOT To adhere to their advice - Is to assume liability upon oneself.

I'm NOT Going into the 'plandemic' - But what choice is there for world leaders?

I forgive everyone, for everything - Even evildoers - Because I understand they are but the sum of their own life-experience/s.

Have a Lovely day
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2020 12:10 pm
@izzythepush,
You make a great point Izzy.

I have read and studied every scripture in the Bible and seen it contradict itself on nearly every single point. But I have never read a scripture indicating that God would forgive the devil. And this unforgivable sin, what is up with that?

What kind of evil does it require to completely negate God's mercy and grace? What kind of evil would tie God's hands completely? I know this answer but it is complicated, something for another time.

If God can't forgive certain things and we are supposed to be in his/her image then likewise some things require more than empty words and gestures to obtain redemption.

Like I said, it takes a lifetime of reversal and building trust to cover or be cleansed of some truly hateful deeds.

And ignorance is no excuse for breaking the law, especially when people are repeat offenders.

It is the compounding of error, upon error.

Hateful racism, lack of empathy, selfishness, greed, dishonesty, inhumanity, cruelty, terror...

Only a stupid fool will easily forgive or put up with that.

It's gonna take Scrooge more than a coronavirus check to atone for his sins.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2020 05:09 am
From a scientific point of view, what is the very essence of good character?

It has been put forth that character is the sum of a person's life experiences and for this reason, due to life's privileges and inequalities, we should forgive unequivocally.

But what if it is more than that? What is human nature? What is it made of?

What is the very substance that comprises of the nature that guides our will?

And the word nature has a connotation, nature as it applies to humans is a verb, not a noun.

Nature is a propensity. A propensity for things to get better and better or worse and worse... Nature grows sturdy or withers on the vine.

Why would one person have the propensity for corruption and one have the propensity for revival?

It is as if nature is a "seed" and one seed grows good fruit and one grows bad fruit. It does not matter the ethnicity, or gender because bad fruit can come from any person.

Why is one person cursed and one person blessed?

Why are the eyes opened for some and the heart closed for others?

Is this a choice or the luck of the draw?

Perhaps part of it is luck and part of it is choice.

Those who have bad luck can still make empathetic and loving choices in spite of hardships. People overcome adversity all the time and learn to live and love in their own unique way.

So is nature so controlling that it has a mind of its own such that the will is no longer willing?

A collapse in convictions and a line which is crossed never to return. Insurmountable odds and what seems hopeless or perhaps the desire to take what is perceived as owed to them from any innocent victim that comes along.

If there is good character then surely there must be evil character.

Good nature and evil nature.

Good will and evil will...

Holy spirit and unholy spirit.

What is the inner machinery that makes this so?
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Good Character
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 05:50:36