Does Justice Ginsburg really have to hold on until January?

McGentrix

Reply Fri 18 Sep, 2020 11:06 pm
@maxdancona,
pissing off the RNC would be a bad idea for their reelection chances. I doubt they would not want a conservative SCOTUS judge just to spite Trump.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sat 19 Sep, 2020 12:25 am
We will see if I am correct. I predict we will see squeamishness from Republican Senators. This happen behind the scenes meaning Mitch will simply change his stance.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Tue 22 Sep, 2020 06:03 pm
Well... I was clearly wrong about Mitt Romney.

That sucks. It looks like I was mistaken.
oralloy

Reply Tue 22 Sep, 2020 08:35 pm
@maxdancona,
I can't say what the Republicans will choose to do, but I think the wise strategy is to wait and see what the election results are before ramming a conservative nominee through.

If the Democrats are in a position after the election to retaliate by adding six seats to the Supreme Court and letting Mr. Biden pick all six new nominees, then the Republicans would be wise to not provoke such retaliation.

If the Democrats are not in a position after the election to retaliate in any significant way, then the Republicans should ram through a hard right nominee, and ram them through as brutally as possible.

The Republicans won't know which is the best path for them to take until they see the election results.

As for Romney, he seems a lot wiser than McCain. It looks like he understands that if he betrays the Republicans, the Democrats will betray him in turn.

McCain would just keep betraying the Republicans over and over and then get all confused when the Democrats didn't start loving him.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 22 Sep, 2020 09:22 pm
@oralloy,
You make choosing Justices sound like anal sex.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/11/2024 at 09:12:37