WWYD -- potential danger - someone going crazy on a plane?

Linkat

Reply Tue 14 Jul, 2020 10:13 am
Just recently some guy freaked out on a plane saying he was going to kill everyone on that flight - he had no weapon and was not "hulk-like" so not sure how he planned on tearing people apart.

A few passengers jumped in and subdue this character.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/airline-news/2020/07/13/alaska-airlines-man-threatens-violence-against-everyone-plane/5427755002/

The question is - would you jump in? Have you seen anything like this? Or even felt threatened or noticed something odd - have you spoken up?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 247 • Replies: 3
No top replies

maxdancona

Reply Tue 14 Jul, 2020 10:42 am
@Linkat,
In this case... yes I would step in. In many cases that weren't a physical threat, I would expect the crew to take care of it.

I have never had anything like this happen. I was stuck on a non-air conditioned airplane on a runway for way too long and saw a couple hundred people acting incredibly patient and good to each other.

And I stepped in on the T when someone was being racist.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Tue 14 Jul, 2020 11:02 am
@Linkat,
Yes, I would jump in if there was a threat that the crew couldn't handle, but I'd have to see the threat. Someone ranting would put me on alert. Someone assaulting the crew or passengers or presenting an eminent threat would be required to go further IMO.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 14 Jul, 2020 11:55 am
@Linkat,
WWYD? What would Yeezy do?? Didn't think you were a Kanye West fan Linkat. I hope you're not considering voting for him come 2020.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » WWYD -- potential danger - someone going crazy on a plane?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/18/2024 at 08:20:54