What's the deal with Harriet Klausner, #1 reviewer. Amazon?

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2005 07:52 pm
It seems every book I ever look up on Amazon has been reviewed by Harriet Klausner. She is also billed as "#1 reviewer". Ten other people can give a book one or two stars - Harriet gives it at least a 4 and often a 5. Are authors paying her to pump up their "star power"? She seems to give a little synopsis of the plot (like she copied it off the back cover) and finishes off with a personal, but vague comment as to why she loved the book. Is she actually making money doing this? Is it just ego on her part? Just wondering.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 975 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Levi

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2005 02:53 am
According to this article, Harriet Klausner is not paid for online reviews, but rather, they are "labors of love".

Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

smog

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2005 03:00 am
I don't trust her...
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2005 05:07 am
Thanks Levi. I think she needs a shrink. She seems to be looking for personal approval. She loves or a least really likes everything she reads, even the worst stuff. Not very helpful in my opinion.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2005 06:30 am
HK is usually accurate about fantasy and science fiction.

Good question, Green Witch. I've envied the time that woman evidently has to read.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2005 07:09 am
I can understand finding some time for fantasy, SF, romance and light novels, but she also reviews some fairly heavy tomes in the history and political departments.

I think I read that she has some inborn ability to speed read.

I going to see if I can find a book she hated.
0 Replies

UnagiSushi

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2005 07:21 pm
Harriet Klausner
Harriet frequently posts in the mystery section of AOL. From people who know her IRL -- she apparently is a VERY nice, VERY knowledgeable person.

Very Happy
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2005 08:07 pm
Welcome to a2k, Unagi...
0 Replies