"an oil-buster"

Reply Tue 23 Jun, 2020 12:46 pm
A buster is a person or thing that stops or gets rid of a specified thing.
"a crime-buster"

So, if a dishwashing liquid is very effective in removing oil from oily cutlery, can it be called "an oil-buster"?

Thanks.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 293 • Replies: 2
No top replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 23 Jun, 2020 02:12 pm
@tanguatlay,
an "oil buster" is what we call an emulsifying agent. Cleaning cooking oil from cook ware first requires the detergent to mix water and oil an then the cleaning agent carries it away in the bubbles of the sudsing agent.
(its a A soapy style chemical of which there are dozens of different compounds).
So w already have a name for it but youre essentially correct and Im sure noone would make a big del if you call it an "OIL BUSTER"

Thi is kinda what happened when life first appeared in water bodies of our planet.

Emulsifiers have lots pf other uses. Its often used in a water brine mixture to add water weight to mets and fish. That I find totally disgusting and I never buy meats from a supermarket hain stor.
I always use a butcher whose meats are certified emulsifier and extrawater free.
I think the US and a very few other 1st world countries do this unchecked. I believe Europe doesnt allow some of this crap in their food.
0 Replies

tanguatlay

Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2020 06:55 am
Thanks, farmerman.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » "an oil-buster"
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/03/2024 at 01:26:34