Hate Speech

Mon 22 Jun, 2020 03:20 pm
The words "idiot" and "moron" must be considered to be hate Speech. For it not to be is a sign that political correctness is hypocritical.

farmerman

Mon 22 Jun, 2020 04:52 pm
@NealNealNeal,
Our Constitution protects "hate speeh" uner the 1st Amendment. Name calling hardly rises to the level of hate speech anywy so since it doesnt incite violence, its protected. Perhaps the only places we lose our 1st Amendment rights is on internet chat lines . The mangement can do what it wants, just like a bar may make you check your guns or arenot granted entry.
tsarstepan

Mon 22 Jun, 2020 08:10 pm
@NealNealNeal,
NealNealNeal wrote:

The words "idiot" and "moron" must be considered to be hate Speech. For it not to be is a sign that political correctness is hypocritical.

0 Replies

tsarstepan

Mon 22 Jun, 2020 08:16 pm
@NealNealNeal,
NealNealNeal wrote:

0 Replies

tsarstepan

Mon 22 Jun, 2020 08:21 pm
@farmerman,

At this pace, I figure I am a war criminal. Someone get The International Criminal Court (ICC or ICCt) AKA The Hague.
tsarstepan

Mon 22 Jun, 2020 08:26 pm
@tsarstepan,
This one has personal meaning to me.
0 Replies

NealNealNeal

Mon 22 Jun, 2020 09:09 pm
Thanks for proving my point.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Mon 22 Jun, 2020 11:16 pm
@NealNealNeal,
NealNealNeal wrote:

What is your point?

I believe that calling someone the n-word is significantly worse than calling someone an "idiot" or a "moron". The reason for this is that the n-word is not only singling out someone for their race, it is also evoking some nasty history where Black people were targeted for violence. It is an insult with an implied threat.

Do you agree that there is a difference between calling someone the n-word and calling someone a "moron"?
Real Music

Mon 22 Jun, 2020 11:20 pm
@maxdancona,
I definitely agree you Max.
glitterbag

Tue 23 Jun, 2020 01:39 am
@Real Music,
Me too.
0 Replies

justaguy2

Tue 23 Jun, 2020 05:43 am
@NealNealNeal,
Why? If someone really is an "idiot" and/or a "moron", then that would be the truth. Should we also call the truth "hate speech" too ??

I think linking "political correctness" with "hate speech" is downright bizarre, and an ill-conceived argument to be making... not to mention completely bizarre.

Are you for real ?
maxdancona

Tue 23 Jun, 2020 06:58 am
@justaguy2,
1. "Hate speech" is a subjective term. Different people have different ideas about the hatefulness of an insult.

2. "Hate speech", however it is defined, is free speech and protected by the First Amendment in the United States.
justaguy2

Tue 23 Jun, 2020 07:14 am
@maxdancona,
Quote:
1. "Hate speech" is a subjective term.

1. I already knew that, where did I say otherwise ?

Quote:
Different people have different ideas about the hatefulness of an insult.

2. No kidding.

Quote:
2. "Hate speech", however it is defined, is free speech and protected by the First Amendment in the United States.

3. Where did I say it wasn't ?

4. Since when are you the OP ?
0 Replies

maxdancona

Tue 23 Jun, 2020 07:58 am
Hate speech and political correctness are two sides of the same coin.

Political correctness means the act of punishing people for saying something deemed to be socially unacceptable. This punishment can be either social condemnation, or censorship, or loss of a job or worse.

People who enforce political correctness use the term "hate speech" to denote things that they believe are worthy of punishment.
0 Replies

NealNealNeal

Tue 23 Jun, 2020 01:45 pm
@maxdancona,
It is insulting to people of low intelligence. They have been treated poorly in the past. They did no wrong. Why should progressives look down on them? It is because progressives want absolute power. They want to impose their will on other people.
maxdancona

Tue 23 Jun, 2020 01:57 pm
@NealNealNeal,
Quote:
It is insulting to people of low intelligence. They have been treated poorly in the past. They did no wrong. Why should progressives look down on them? It is because progressives want absolute power.

This is very funny.
NealNealNeal

Tue 23 Jun, 2020 02:08 pm
@NealNealNeal,
Therefore, when you verbally attack someone by calling him an idiot or moron you are really insiuling people who have low intelligence. People, including liberals in the 20th century realized that
However, liberals we're far more reasonable than the "progressives" of today. They often spoke of educating the ignorant members of various groups.
People of low intelligence should have their dignity respected However, they have little political power. They are demeaned by progressives, who are quite willing to consider certain people as less than human.

NealNealNeal

Tue 23 Jun, 2020 02:54 pm
@maxdancona,
What is "funny" is that the Democrats are America's version of Animal Farm. Progressives have repressed moderate Dems to the point that they have no "freedom of speech". Napoleon is a symbol of today's progressives.
maxdancona

Tue 23 Jun, 2020 03:05 pm
@NealNealNeal,
NealNealNeal wrote:

What is "funny" is that the Democrats are America's version of Animal Farm. Progressives have repressed moderate Dems to the point that they have no "freedom of speech". Napoleon is a symbol of today's progressives.

You seem to have a very one sided view of "hate speech".

It is commendable if you are simply against people insulting each other. But, in that case, you shouldn't be insulting people yourself.
izzythepush

Tue 23 Jun, 2020 03:17 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

1. "Hate speech" is a subjective term.

You are so full of ****. You can’t discuss the subject so you pretend it’s some nebulous concept. Some vague pc horror that will suck up all your “free speech,” and have you all consulting lawyers before you can open your mouths to speak.

It’s not vague at all, it’s defined and in statute in various countries, there’s pages of it on Wikipedia. Why not point out real problems as a result of anti hate speech legislation in democratic countries?

1. Forums
  2. » Hate Speech
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 11:11:09