DACA Wins! SCOTUS defends the Dreamers!

oralloy

Reply Sat 20 Jun, 2020 03:54 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
Do I get the same credit if it succeeds?

If the success is due to you being willing to work with the other side, sure.

If DACA succeeds despite your efforts rather than because of your efforts, then no credit is due.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 29 Jul, 2020 02:00 pm
Associated Press wrote:
CHICAGO (AP) -- The Trump administration said Tuesday that it will reject new applications and shorten renewal periods for an Obama-era program that shields young people from deportation, taking a defiant stance after the U.S. Supreme Court refused to let it be scrapped completely.
https://apnews.com/4410f751345c305676ba82ff1521ed6c

Free advice: If Mr. Trump is reelected, Democrats should make a deal with him to give him the entire massive border wall that he wants to build, in exchange for his support for a permanent immigration fix.

If Mr. Trump is defeated but the Republicans still hold the Senate, Democrats should make a deal with Senate Republicans for a permanent immigration fix.

If Democrats keep blocking an immigration fix because they would rather attack Republicans than fix immigration, eventually DACA will be destroyed.
maxdancona

Reply Thu 30 Jul, 2020 12:34 pm
@oralloy,
You are completely bonkers, Oralloy. Trump is losing on issue after issue from DACA to LGBT rights to covid response.

If somehow he wins the election, we will keep fighting him tooth and nail until he gets impeached or loses or dies or loses his bid for a third term.

The president works for me. And right now he is doing a miserable job. Even objectively he is failing at pretty much everything... he can't even get taking kids away from their families and putting them in cages right
oralloy

Reply Fri 31 Jul, 2020 11:56 am
@maxdancona,
When DACA is eventually destroyed, it will all be entirely your fault.
maxdancona

Reply Fri 31 Jul, 2020 12:03 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

When DACA is eventually destroyed, it will all be entirely your fault.

You do realize that I want DACA to be destroyed.....
oralloy

Reply Fri 31 Jul, 2020 01:09 pm
@maxdancona,
You seem to be pretty upset during the times when it looks like it is about to happen.
maxdancona

Reply Fri 31 Jul, 2020 02:40 pm
@oralloy,
You are confused. I am upset at the ridiculous threat to take away the ability to work and go to school from these people .

Everyone knows there is no political will to deport the Dreamers. They will obviously be given a path to citizenship... that is what the clear majority of Americans want.

This is a political anchor for the Republicans. It is costing them seats in congress (and power and money).
maxdancona

Reply Fri 31 Jul, 2020 02:44 pm
@maxdancona,
Every poker player knows that at some point you have to accept that you have a losing hand with no play available. The only thing to do is let it go (anything else you try will cost you).

The Republicans in the Senate have figured this out. The Republican in the White House is having trouble accepting reality.

Come to think of it... I would love to play poker with Trump.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 31 Jul, 2020 04:09 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
Everyone knows there is no political will to deport the Dreamers. They will obviously be given a path to citizenship... that is what the clear majority of Americans want.

You are wrong. They will eventually be deported. And when it happens, it will be entirely your fault.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/23/2024 at 01:03:19