Interesting perspective on what is going on with protests.

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2020 03:05 pm
Saw this posted in one of my other forums. Apparently a Facebook posting. It is an excellent perspective...and probably more on the mark than some cops would want to acknowledge.

"I’m pretty sure we are watching the police collectively having the experience of being pulled over for a crime they didn’t personally commit because they 'fit the description' and are actively resisting, while the entire world is yelling repeatedly 'stop resisting!' and they really don’t like it."
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 290 • Replies: 1
No top replies

livinglava

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2020 05:51 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

Saw this posted in one of my other forums. Apparently a Facebook posting. It is an excellent perspective...and probably more on the mark than some cops would want to acknowledge.

"I’m pretty sure we are watching the police collectively having the experience of being pulled over for a crime they didn’t personally commit because they 'fit the description' and are actively resisting, while the entire world is yelling repeatedly 'stop resisting!' and they really don’t like it."

The difference is that if you haven't committed a crime, you WANT the police to investigate crime. What you're talking about is subjecting police to the way they make people feel WHO ARE ON THE SIDE OF PROTECTING CRIME, so they just experience police investigations as hostile because they don't want their criminal friends to get in trouble.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Interesting perspective on what is going on with protests.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/18/2024 at 12:17:12