Sheriff puts down baton; listen to protesters and joins them

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2020 01:04 pm
@livinglava,
Quote:
What's the deal with this kneeling meme?
check the Activism section...
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colin_Kaepernick
livinglava

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2020 01:05 pm
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:

'Economic-Benefit' (Which 'economy'?) is NOT a Factor in this equation.

The global economy has become a collection of political-economic regions whose markets rise and fall according to what's happening locally, and that in turn stimulates or weighs down on other markets/regions.

So when Asian or European markets are going down, there is a political impetus to stimulate market growth in the US. I think this is why there is so much political pressure to steer US politics, and why there is global interest in economic stimulus, just as there was global interest during colonial times of whether to allow slaving, control trade routes, etc.

Quote:
This is ONLY about 'paradigm-transition'.

What paradigm transitioning to what?
livinglava

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2020 01:07 pm
@Region Philbis,
Region Philbis wrote:

Quote:
What's the deal with this kneeling meme?
check the Activism section...
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colin_Kaepernick

What about the fact that the murder that launched it all was an officer kneeling on the suspect's neck until he died?

This offends me in the way it used to offend me that Christianity uses the symbol of Christ's murder as its primary religious symbol, before I understand the philosophy of resurrection and forgiveness/salvation through Christ.

Is this kneeling trying to do something similar at the symbolic level with this murder? Or is it just about Kaepernick's kneeling?

Also, when you kneel it implies submission to authority, the way the Hitler salute implied submission to the authority of 'the Fuhrer.' These authoritarian memes should offend people, even when they are claimed to be gestures of political protest. If you want to express political protest, do it in a way that doesn't evoke nazi Hitler saluting.
Region Philbis

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2020 01:09 pm
@livinglava,

unfortunate coincidence...
mark noble

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2020 01:10 pm
@livinglava,
I have good friends (I'll define 'Friends' another time, but will apply as recognised standard herewith) in both the armed-forces and police - Long story short - 'Let 'them' who diggeth 'pits' not fall into that doeth 'they' dig'

In one dimension it will turn out perfectly positive
In another, it will turn out perfectly negative
In all other, relative, dimensions it will turn out somewhere inbetween

Be the 'Chaff'
Be the 'Wheat'
Time will tell

In a physical realm - Physical issues are important
In non-physical realm - They aren't.

Have a Lovely Day
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2020 01:13 pm
@Region Philbis,
This woman depicts herself as some kind intellectual and she has to ask a question like that. Invincible ignorance . . .
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2020 01:18 pm
@livinglava,
I understand economic-dynamics from seed to fruit.
I'm asking 'Which' Economy - The One You are enslaved to - Or the One They are enslaved to?

Have a Lovely Day
Setanta

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2020 02:11 pm
@mark noble,
You are feeding a troll--and a hopelessly clueless troll.
mark noble

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2020 02:45 pm
@Setanta,
I had LL on ignore up until a few days ago - I believe he (Last summer-ish) must have earned my then disapproval.
I'm enjoying my interactions with him, of late - Then again... Neither he nor I are what we were then.

I took you off ignore a good half-dozen times before I enjoyed your interactions as much as I'm doing so with LL.

Thanks for the 'Heads-up' though.

Have a Lovely Day
Setanta

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2020 03:03 pm
@mark noble,
Do me a favor, slick, put me back on ignore.
Linkat

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2020 03:24 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Do me a favor, slick, put me back on ignore.

Slick --- that is not used enough
0 Replies

livinglava

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2020 10:49 am
@Region Philbis,
Region Philbis wrote:

unfortunate coincidence...

Let's say I am a person who wants to attend a demonstration to protest the kneeling-murder of what seems completely unjust police brutality and when I arrive people are telling me I should kneel in solidarity with the victim, yet it feels to me like my kneeling is echoing the posture of the police officer I saw kneeling on the victim's neck till he died. How exactly am I supposed to overcome the feeling that I am doing exactly what the officer did who killed the person whose death I am coming to protest?

It would be like attending a protest against the KKK and being told to light little crosses on fire in protest. It would not make sense and it would feel like you were being asked to stand in solidarity to the very thing you were there to protest.
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Thu 4 Jun, 2020 05:08 am
@Setanta,
Okay.
Have a Lovely Day
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 06:55:36