Is my boyfriend putting me at unnecessary risk?

Reply Fri 29 May, 2020 07:57 pm
My bf needs out patient ortho surgery and will be taking the COVID test beforehand. I will not be in the facility but will need to take care of him for a few days. I promised I'd help but that was before the COVID issue. My adult daughter and her SO will be visiting during this time and don't want me to go with my bf b/c I could be exposing myself and/or them. She said she won't visit me now if I decide to go with him at this time.

Also, they question if my bf should "expect" me to do this and why his grown daughter isn't doing so instead (she lives further than me and has 2 small kids and a husband and works like me but I'm older with no kids). When I mentioned the scheduling of my daughter's visit with his surgery he mocked me and said "she doesn't need you here the whole time she is visiting to hold her hand". Perhaps he could have said if it is causing too much stress (which it has definitely done), he can make other arrangements.

My daughter pointed out that I made the promise to take care of my bf before COVID - and this shouldn't be my responsibility - I'm not his fiancé, nor do I live with him - and only been seeing him for 7 months.

But I'm a very reliable person and I promise I follow through ---- what do I do?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 201 • Replies: 3

jespah

Reply Fri 29 May, 2020 08:09 pm
@healthissues,
Why the hell would you make yet another account about this same stuff?
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Fri 29 May, 2020 08:25 pm
@healthissues,
If the person I am dating is getting a surgery done, I would take care of them covid or no covid.

If I was getting surgery, and the person I am dating doesn't take care of me, I assume that they don't care about me, and that relationship isn't going to last very long.

0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Fri 29 May, 2020 08:40 pm
@healthissues,
What risk is he putting you through? He will be tested before surgery. You will care for him a few days after. No risk ( as long as you don’t pose a risk to him)

This isn’t about his surgery. It is about your unwillingness to deal with a daughter who wants to control your life.

The situation is different, but the SAME conflict is at the base of all your posts.

Counseling has been recommended. Please go.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Is my boyfriend putting me at unnecessary risk?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 04:01:33